British Speedway Forum
dirt

World U/21 Championships

Some? Judging how high up on the pedestal you're putting young Ward, he shouldn't be beaten by anyone in the U21 series. Anything else than a maximum must be a failure!

Doesnt need a max and doesnt need to win them all, but when it counts I know who I'd be backing!

So finishing second in a World Championship is choking? :blink: Dear God, are you for real or just trying to wind people up? If so, you have succeeded...

Holders 2nds were unlucky,,,, It depends on the context of the meeting. Pavlic bottled it so badly it was funny. He was in the drivers position to win it after Woffindens exclusion ....but the pressure and nerves got to him and yes he choked it and buckled under the pressure (bottled it!) Before his head stopped spinning, from the perceived pressure Ward was in the drivers position and...Ward doesn't choke. In Pavlic's case last year 2nd was definately the first loser.

Home track advantage and he lost out to a 17yo, what would you call that?? Rising to the occasion!?!?

He choked it 100% For real.

(Restraining myself from posting something that would get me warned...)

Edited by dirt

Tomorrow morning I'm going to Junior World final in Daugavpils

1 Mad Max

2 Artem

3 Vadim

4 Slavik

I know - so will

Looks like Ward bottled it in his final heat and had to redeem himself in the run-off.

Does anyone know how the points system works? If you dont get a bonus for winning a round it is an absolute travesty of justice. Why even have a run-off? there must be extra points for the winner surely? otherwise it will be another case of the FIM bottleing it badly.

Does anyone know how the points system works? If you dont get a bonus for winning a round it is an absolute travesty of justice. Why even have a run-off? there must be extra points for the winner surely? otherwise it will be another case of the FIM bottleing it badly.

Bogdanovs would have to be given the bonus you advocate for winning the first round, of course, unless this bonus merely comes into play in a race-off situation. That would be unfair, I'm sure you would agree. It doesn't look like you get any bonus, just the honour of having won the meeting and congratulations to Ward on his win.

Bogdanovs would have to be given the bonus you advocate for winning the first round, of course, unless this bonus merely comes into play in a race-off situation. That would be unfair, I'm sure you would agree. It doesn't look like you get any bonus, just the honour of having won the meeting and congratulations to Ward on his win.

THE FIRST ROUND WAS ABONDONED OR CALLED OFF - NO ONE WON IT.

Tomorrow morning I'm going to Junior World final in Daugavpils

1 Mad Max

2 Artem

3 Vadim

4 Slavik

I know - so will

lol... How was the meeting? Did you enjoy it? Nice weather for a change.

What happened Madman Max??

THE FIRST ROUND WAS ABONDONED OR CALLED OFF - NO ONE WON IT.

Whether you like it or not (and I know you don't), Maksim Bogdanovs won the truncated first round. That's what the record books will show. If the meeting hadn't been concluded as far as the FIM are concerned it would have been re-staged. So if Ward gets a premium for winning in Daugavpils, Bogdanovs should get one for his win in Gdansk.

Whether you like it or not (and I know you don't), Maksim Bogdanovs won the truncated first round. That's what the record books will show. If the meeting hadn't been concluded as far as the FIM are concerned it would have been re-staged. So if Ward gets a premium for winning in Daugavpils, Bogdanovs should get one for his win in Gdansk.

They both should as should the winner opf the final round, but something tells me that would make too much sense for the FIM to implement.

We were at the meeting and in our opinion in heat 7 Bogdanov was lucky not to be excluded. After watching the TV replay later in the hotel room, it shows that Bogdanov fell first, running in to the corner erraticly very close to the inside. He was already off before Pawlicki hit the fence. We should imagine from the referee's view it would be hard to make a different decision as they were so far apart. With Pawlicki being next to Ward racing for position it would be hard to notice who fell first without the aid of TV replays (the replay we saw was from the high camera). The referees decisions were generally good all night.

Agree that it makes it a bit pointless to have a run-off.

Sets it up for a great final round though.

Agree that it makes it a bit pointless to have a run-off.

Sets it up for a great final round though.

The run off is needed for the presentation of trophies and prize money.