British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
rhidassa

Dudley V Isle Of Wight (at Birmingham) (nl)

Sarjeant is in for Franklin

Which is good news. I'm happy to welcome James back in place of Rich for this meeting. He won the reserves heat in April so hopefully he remembers that and goes in to the meeting with some confidence.

May be wrong 21CH, but I think that Micky D may have had an after meeting run at PB recently.

Perhaps or should that be probably?! I would suggest he's being lined up for a place with B'ham in '11, assuming the rest of this season goes well at NL level of course. First impressions are that he is another off the Aussie production line.

Sarjeant also kept his hand in on Monday at Wolves with a couple of after-match races with Ashley Morris and Gino Manzares.

And of note more than anything is that Gino looks more and more impressive pretty much with every lap completed.

Is there anyone going to this meeting who would be able to text updates...

I'll step in but have had problems on and off with my phone so if there's anyone else that can do it...

Sarjeant is in for Franklin

Good for Sarjeant but as a neutral, following individual riders in this meeting, I would have liked to see Rich ride.

And of note more than anything is that Gino looks more and more impressive pretty much with every lap completed.

Don't let SCB hear you say that - Gino is a product of the Dream Team, and you know his views on these!!! icon_smile_tongue.gif

c/o BSPA:

DUDLEY: HEATHENS V ISLE OF WIGHT (NL) - PREVIEW

TUESDAY JULY 20, 2010

PLAY-OFF chasing Dudley Heathens race only their second meeting at Birmingham on Wednesday when they face Isle of Wight Islanders in a vital National League clash (7.30).

Heathens, carrying the famous old name of the Cradley Heath club, are once again expecting a bumper crowd at Perry Barr - and there's plenty of interest for Birmingham fans too with club assets Lee Smart and Jake Anderson currently on loan to Dudley.

Will Pottinger's men are fresh from a stunning win at King's Lynn on Sunday which rocketed them to the verge of the top four.

And they welcome back British youngster James Sarjeant who has accepted an invitation to race for the club again in place of the injured Richard Franklin at reserve.

Sarjeant was replaced by Micky Dyer a month ago in a controversial move - but he's back for this meeting and will also ride in the re-arranged Golden Hammer in September.

Said Pottinger: "This is a big meeting for us, it's no good winning at King's Lynn if we then follow it up with a home defeat. But there is little home track advantage because the bulk of our home meetings so far have been at Wolves.

"We're delighted to welcome James back for this meeting, it was a very, very tough call to replace him with Micky as I said at the time and as soon as we needed to fill a slot at reserve with the injury to Rich we agreed we would offer it to James first."

DUDLEY: Lee Smart, Micky Dyer, Tom Perry, Jake Anderson, Jon Armstrong, Ashley Morris, James Sarjeant.

ISLE OF WIGHT: Nick Simmons, Ricky Scarboro, Brendan Johnson, Danny Warwick, Ben Hopwood, Dean Felton, Tom Hill.

c/o BSPA:

DUDLEY: HEATHENS V ISLE OF WIGHT (NL) - PREVIEW

TUESDAY JULY 20, 2010

PLAY-OFF chasing Dudley Heathens race only their second meeting at Birmingham on Wednesday when they face Isle of Wight Islanders in a vital National League clash (7.30).

Heathens, carrying the famous old name of the Cradley Heath club, are once again expecting a bumper crowd at Perry Barr - and there's plenty of interest for Birmingham fans too with club assets Lee Smart and Jake Anderson currently on loan to Dudley.

Will Pottinger's men are fresh from a stunning win at King's Lynn on Sunday which rocketed them to the verge of the top four.

And they welcome back British youngster James Sarjeant who has accepted an invitation to race for the club again in place of the injured Richard Franklin at reserve.

Sarjeant was replaced by Micky Dyer a month ago in a controversial move - but he's back for this meeting and will also ride in the re-arranged Golden Hammer in September.

Said Pottinger: "This is a big meeting for us, it's no good winning at King's Lynn if we then follow it up with a home defeat. But there is little home track advantage because the bulk of our home meetings so far have been at Wolves.

"We're delighted to welcome James back for this meeting, it was a very, very tough call to replace him with Micky as I said at the time and as soon as we needed to fill a slot at reserve with the injury to Rich we agreed we would offer it to James first."

DUDLEY: Lee Smart, Micky Dyer, Tom Perry, Jake Anderson, Jon Armstrong, Ashley Morris, James Sarjeant.

ISLE OF WIGHT: Nick Simmons, Ricky Scarboro, Brendan Johnson, Danny Warwick, Ben Hopwood, Dean Felton, Tom Hill.

Looking at the IOW team, I reckon only 4 of them have ridden Perry Barr before whereas all of the Heathens have, so it shouldn't really be a problem, IMO.

Have sent you a text 21st....

Thanks

Good to listen to it on the radio, though some heats the commentator hasn't seemed entirely enthusiastic. He seems a bit more into it now, though! Do like the service... but where's the webcam? I wanna watch, too ;)

Not a bad meeting overall, a bit gate and go at times, but Tommy P and Micky D provided some entertainment, as did Ash Morris at times. Sarje was well worth his 7+2, shame he missd the gate horribly in his 4th ride though (Likewise Dyer in heat 15 to spoil his max). IOW were very poor though, shame really.

Not the best meeting to be honest, I thought the Islanders were dreadful only Nick Simmons, Danny Warwick and Dean Felton after his first outing did anything. Expected more from Brendan Johnson whilst Tom Hill and Ricky Scarboro seemed to have difficulty riding the track let alone racing the Heathens.

It was a terrific performance from the Heathens, Tom Perry was pure entertainment when he missed the gate both in Heat 9 and Heat 12. Smart and Armstong were both outstanding as you would expect, disapointed in Jake thought he would go well tonight although had a good last race. Both the Heathens reserves, Ashley Morris and James Sarjeant did well. Pleased for James afer being dropped by the Heathens Managment.

Lastly and by no means least, what a showing from Micky Dyer. The kid seems to have real talent and really attractive riding style, really is good to watch. Think he may be in the Premier League next season and I pray to god its with the Brummies. Awesome. :approve:

Excellent Crowd once again, just a pity it was men against boys.

Nice to Sarj getting a chance and scoring well, if Heathens are not going to use him on a regular basis then maybe another National League team will.

Excellent all round team performance from the Heathens; they all scored well, a rather dissapointing showing from the Islanders, except from Simmo and Danny, i must admit i expected more from Bren, they really need another heat leader as a minimum, but also from Simmo when he was on a tactical but i would guess from the most recent signing at No2 they are on a strict budget. There were a few good races mention must be made of young Mr Perry, and Simmo when he was on a tactical, and took the win on the line, For the Heathens they all rode well except for Jake who though giving 100% still appears either lacking in confidence, or down on power or a combination of both, rather scary for the other NL teams to think there is still improvement to come from this team, and Ben Taylor is still out with his season long injury, but where could he fit in ?? it was apparent from the applause who is the crowds favourite step forward Armo, i am glad i dont have to make the decision when Ben is fit and ready to race again, yes James could do a very good job for another NL team, ie Weymouth, the Islanders to name but two teams.

There was a good sprinkling of Brummie fans in the crowd, which was again excellent, and i would put it at minimum of easily 1000 + The inside stand appeared pretty full, the first bend stands had little room available, all around bends 1 & 2 there were spectators, and the terracing was i would estimate at least half full, with plenty space available around the exit of the 4th bend where i stood. yes most Premier, and some Elite League teams would be envious of the crowd figures that the heathens are getting.

Edited by greyhoundp

Well impressed with Micky Dyer tonight looks a real hot prospect