British Speedway Forum
newportspeedwayhh

Newport Hornets ~ V ~ Buxton Hitmen

I'm sorry Lawrence, I just don't get this commonsense prevails stuff.

Nothing personal against Adam of course but you are saying that at 5pm last Friday, the fixture with Buxton for this Friday was confirmed after which Adam then rode for Rye as a guest from 7pm meaning he would be due to ride at Newport twice within 7 days.

If this is not against the rules then please say so but if it is then Adam should have be barred from guesting for Rye last Friday as it was known before the start of the meeting that he would be back within 7 days.

I'm not advocating that we stop a bloke from earning a living or that we don't see a competitive match but what about the glaring inconsistencies here.

The Wasps can't use r/r for Mellgren because it's against the rules but Rye can use Allott against the Hornets because "commonsense prevails".

What is going on?

What is going on indeed...

It looks as if 'commonsense prevails' for Rye House only...given the situation with Saints and Rye House the other week...but I'm assuming that Newport didn't 'ride under protest'...

What is going on indeed...

It looks as if 'commonsense prevails' for Rye House only...given the situation with Saints and Rye House the other week...but I'm assuming that Newport didn't 'ride under protest'...

I had temporarily forgotten about the Tyson Nelson saga, the one where a team gets to keep the race and match points gained by fielding an ineligible rider :blink: .

Rye's use of Adam last week could have had implications for the result if he and Kyle Hughes hadn't of been 5-1'd by Atkin and Jones in heat 15. A reversal of that result (which wouldn't have been a fluke as they got a 5-1 together in heat 13) would have meant the Hornets losing and the Cobras gaining match points with implications at the top of the division.

Given that Rye, at the moment, appear to have been able to keep their 4 points from Scunthorpe, it's just as well for the Hornets that Tony and Mark did the bizzo when required!

Anyway, looking forward, as always, to seeing the Hornets on track and especially with Kyle Newman restored to the team. Let's knock out the Hitmen :D

Maybe with hindsight the best thing to do would have been wait until half an hour before the start of the match against Buxton then protest against Adam Allot riding in the meeting.

The sort of thing Ian Thomas or Matt Ford would do.

And because it's Buxton and British Speedway is against them, we'll have to field 5 raw novices, R/R and no rider at number 1 :rolleyes:

Maybe with hindsight the best thing to do would have been wait until half an hour before the start of the match against Buxton then protest against Adam Allot riding in the meeting.

The sort of thing Ian Thomas or Matt Ford would do.

father jack, did you mean against Rye with hindsight or that we should do it just before the Buxton match coming up? :blink:

Personally, I think Adam should have been barred from riding for Rye. I would be against the idea of stopping him riding for his own team even though that would seem to go against the 8 day rule.

Hey squall, you shouldn't be so paranoid :lol:

Hey squall, you shouldn't be so paranoid :lol:

He's not paranoid, its just that everybody's out to get him!!

I am very much looking forward to this meeting, haven't been to Newport for ages. If Garrity is half as entertaining as the last time I saw him it will be a very interesting meeting. I think it will be a home win but only just, and being a neutral I hope theres some good close racing and no injuries with the best team winning on the night.

Jules

I am very much looking forward to this meeting, haven't been to Newport for ages. If Garrity is half as entertaining as the last time I saw him it will be a very interesting meeting. I think it will be a home win but only just, and being a neutral I hope theres some good close racing and no injuries with the best team winning on the night.

Jules

That'll be the Hornets then Jules B)

Joking aside, hope you enjoy your visit tonight.

Hornets matches always throw up good racing, incidents, controversy and solid home wins.

Whilst watching the Wasps can be painful at times, watching the Hornets is always good entertainment. Have a great day/evening and a safe trip here and home.

Hornet 44-46 Hitmen

Well done to the Hitmen, probably the most complete NL outfit I have seen. Hornets let down by falls while in points scoring positions, but I guess you can't win them all.

Hornet 44-46 Hitmen

Well done to the Hitmen, probably the most complete NL outfit I have seen. Hornets let down by falls while in points scoring positions, but I guess you can't win them all.

Agreed great meeting with lots of incident, hitmen fantastic side put together and deserved winners on the night, cook class when it mattered, morris, garrity also good value, everyone else did their jobs, falls when in points positions cost the hornets

This has to be one of the results of the season. Really pleased for the Hitmen, well done to all the riders for their superb efforts. :-)