British Speedway Forum

Scottish Open time again B) Should be a belter.Who's going to win?

Mod Note: Please check for existing topic and don't start duplicate ones

Cheers Sandie :D I forgot this should have been in another section!Doh! :P

Naughty Youngy51, you have been told!icon_smile_tongue.gif

See - a simple mistake!

Maybe a less aggressive Mod note should have read - Please check for existing topic BEFORE starting duplicate ones!

I think the field looks quite good personally, and there's a number of potential winners. Schlein and Wright will probably be up there again, and Olly Allen will be a good rider to see since it's been years since he's ridden Armadale. Of course Slabon is also riding well going by his Welsh Open win.

Fisher and Kalle could also be in with a shout, whilst Tully and Matty may well prove to be spoilers. Kevin could also win, if he regains his '09 Armadale form.

...9 riders mentioned as potential winners...Just couldn't bring yourself to say "J... J... Jo... Joe (Cough - Splutter)... Joe Sc... Sc... Sc 'cough cough' scr... rrr.. reeeeeee... 'choke'" :P:lol:

Edited by BongoBrian

JAMES WRIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Once again the Fisher using his usual tactics to win :rolleyes:

Champion my arse :D

Were you there? Somehow I doubt it.

I don't think Screen will win it, Brian. He's been up a couple of times for individual meetings, and scored well, but I don't see him threatening Roo-Boy who'll be the favourite. I haven't seen your new number one in the Premier yet though, so I guess I don't really know. Would take something special to win it in what is a competitive field, no doubt. Come along!

LMAO ... and just what are we jealous of?

We have Joe Screen, Travis McGowan and the emerging Josh G ... and you think we're jealous of Fisher? Aye right!!!! Didn't know the Edinburgh Comedy Festival had started already!!!

Glasgow fans jealous of a rider with his riding 'tactics' reputation ... I think not!!!! Don't make the mistake of judging me by your standards!

Jealous ... dream on! Edinburgh are not the speedway nirvana benchmark.

Screen's good, and was in his past a seriously exciting rider. There's no denying that.

McGowan's done a good job, but he's not exactly box office, is he? That's the difference between him and Fisher. Flyin' tries everything to pass, he's entertaining. Moose. just. isn't. Plus Fisher's average is higher too [check your Star this week if you don't believe me].

As for Grajczonek. Glad you're so happy with him. However, seeing as Edinburgh have Katajisto, I think we've got bragging rights on "emerging talent".

Edited by ChrissySW

Thanks, ML.

PS Watch Out! Due over again next year!

:shock: I have just recovered from your last visit :wink:

JAMES WRIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Once again the Fisher using his usual tactics to win :rolleyes:

Champion my arse :D

Once again davidj posting their usual crap re Fisher :rolleyes:

Were you there? Somehow I doubt it.

I don't think Screen will win it, Brian. He's been up a couple of times for individual meetings, and scored well, but I don't see him threatening Roo-Boy who'll be the favourite. I haven't seen your new number one in the Premier yet though, so I guess I don't really know. Would take something special to win it in what is a competitive field, no doubt. Come along!

If Joe is in the mood, then he is easily one of the favourites for the title. :wink:

I am planning to travel through from Glasgow as one of the masses which will make up the 'Joe Screen's Black and White army' supporters club :approve: ...

...I just hope it doesn't get rained off, I don't think I could take it again :lol:

If Joe is in the mood, then he is easily one of the favourites for the title. :wink:

I am planning to travel through from Glasgow as one of the masses which will make up the 'Joe Screen's Black and White army' supporters club :approve: ...

...I just hope it doesn't get rained off, I don't think I could take it again :lol:

I don't think any of us could Brian!!

As a matter of interest , how much are we being expected to fork out for this on Friday ?

As a matter of interest , how much are we being expected to fork out for this on Friday ?

Same as last years open £18

Same as last years open £18

Thanks mate . Reasonable enough i suppose .

Yup £18, but I'm going to do my usual and jump the fence :lol:

What a good idea :P

What a good idea :P

I might even pay £18 to watch these attempts.... :wink:

Bongo, why don't you try to use your readmission ticket from last year. :wink:

All the best

Rob

Bongo, why don't you try to use your readmission ticket from last year. :wink:

All the best