British Speedway Forum

First the moans:

£2 to park... Rip off

£4 for a programme that wasn't any better or had more pages than most of the PL programmes I've seen this year... Rip off.

Being asked for £2 per person to sit in the main stand. I don't remember reading anything about that on the Peterborough website or the Speedway Star... I remonstrated with the guy manning the gate and he pointed me in the direction of the booth behind the stand... I then remonstrated with the woman in the booth and got a couple of free bands ;)

The food was way to pricey... £2 for a small tray of chips... Rip off

Didn't think the racing lived up to all the hype... There were a few decent races towards the end though.

Rye House and Kessler in particular... Rubbish... What the hell was Kessler doing in his first heat? He couldn't even slide the bike into the corners!!... Sundstrom looked pretty ordinary, despite winning a heat which was gifted by dirty Fishers exclusion and Gathercole's tapes offence.

Moved onto the second bend with the Berwick fans for the final and was duly showered in shale, dust and various other bits of track... No complaints about that though.

The £15 admission was pitched about right... Good value for 28 heats.

Only bright spot in the afternoon was getting away from the stadium so quickly by jumping the queue out of the car park :approve:

All in all I very much doubt I'll be returning next year.

Apart from that you enjoyed yourself I take. :wink:

Just got back, great day today. Really like Peterborough, good track and stadium, not great racing but the track is capable of it.

Thought Sheffield did brilliantly in the circumstances today. To go into the meeting with no reserve, and without our best rider, they all put in maximum effort and in no way disgraced themselves in the final.. no point going over it too much but if only we could have seen what would have happened with the full strength side.. well done to Pepe, Ricky, Richard and Simon :)

Thought Parker and Masters both rode brilliantly for Somerset.. and I was disappointed for Scunny missing out, I thought they did well and it was incredibly close. Congratulations to the Brummies, Lyons was superb, well deserved winners on the day.

Edited by tigerblues

Congratulations to the Brummies and to all the finalists particularly the Sheffield Tigers. To get to the final without our No 1 was a great achievement :D

Really enjoyed my afternoon at the Showground with Ash and Searley, meeting up with Shadders and other members from the BSF and STS, whether it would have been as enjoyable without the company is debatable. The racing was average in the main with a few fantastic tussles and a couple of big spills thrown in too, luckily no-one was too badly hurt.

The Rockets were applauling, I won't sugar the pill, I didn't expect us to win, however to finish last in 6 out of our 8 races is nothing short of embarrasing. I will be certainly be returning to the Showground for some Elite League racing in the near future if possible, which I have been informed by Maccas is better than the racing we saw today.

A couple of small gripes, the programme cost £4 which is bad enough, then on looking inside it was strewn with errors on the racecard. It was not that fantastic a publication either. Secondly, £2 to sit in the stand, whether that is a usual Peterborough practise i'm not sure, but after taking £19 off of you to get in and get a programme it borders taking the p*$$. That aside, as I have said it was an enjoyable afternoon and I hope the fours returns to the Showground next season.

Many thanks to all the kind comments on our team winning the 4s.Sounded like a fantastic day for all loyal supporters who made the journey to Alwalton (fed up as I couldn't go due to work commitments).Terrific,terrific performance from our fellas!!

Well Done Brummies! Good effort from the Monarchs with special mention to Sheffield after losing so many riders on Saturday.

I can't believe that Shadders only had a SMALL tray of chips!!

I can't believe that Shadders only had a SMALL tray of chips!!

Well, there was a fish cake and mushy peas on the side ;)

Well, there was a fish cake and mushy peas on the side ;)

Never mind mate come the PLRC it will be carvery with curry sauce. :D

Never mind mate come the PLRC it will be carvery with curry sauce. :D

B4E have already discussed this tonight... We're at the Barracks for a drinkie, but no carvery, then will sample the Owlerton Stadium grub, hopefully without spilling the curry sauce down my jeans this time!! :P

The semis were utterly boring. One of the only thing to happen in them 16 heats was David Howe bottling it when Fisher shot past him. There was no contact at all, I had a perfect view looking straight down the straight. The other thing of note was Rene Bachs 4th to 1st only to have an EF.

A few good races in the final and the Brummies proving to be worthy winners but credit ust also go to the 4 guy representing Shefield who despite the loss of their number 1 yesterday managed to make the final and then put themselves out a bit.

Not up to the usual standard of racing,but enjoyable all the same.

Congratulations to Birmingham on a fine win.

Lots of ifs,buts and maybes.Sheffield with a full team,Bach having ef while leading,some dodgy starts.

I share others concerns about the unpublicised 'extras',car park,seats in the main stand,poor overpriced programme.

On the whole,the best team won.

Well done to Brum - by far the best team on the day. To win their group with Johnston looking like he'd never ridden a speedway bike before was a good achievement and then when Johnno got going there was only going to be one winner.

Quite enjoyed the day out all in all - the Showground looks so diferent now to the last time I went, which must have been the Kujawa U21 win.

Rico rolleyes.gif

Good meeting today - with Birmingham worthy winners, they had the best balanced team.

Reckon it was a good collection for the Ben Fund as well, so thanks to everyone who gave today.

All the best

Rob

First the moans:

£2 to park... Rip off

£4 for a programme that wasn't any better or had more pages than most of the PL programmes I've seen this year... Rip off.

Being asked for £2 per person to sit in the main stand. I don't remember reading anything about that on the Peterborough website or the Speedway Star... I remonstrated with the guy manning the gate and he pointed me in the direction of the booth behind the stand... I then remonstrated with the woman in the booth and got a couple of free bands ;)

The food was way to pricey... £2 for a small tray of chips... Rip off

Didn't think the racing lived up to all the hype... There were a few decent races towards the end though.

Rye House and Kessler in particular... Rubbish... What the hell was Kessler doing in his first heat? He couldn't even slide the bike into the corners!!... Sundstrom looked pretty ordinary, despite winning a heat which was gifted by dirty Fishers exclusion and Gathercole's tapes offence.

Moved onto the second bend with the Berwick fans for the final and was duly showered in shale, dust and various other bits of track... No complaints about that though.

The £15 admission was pitched about right... Good value for 28 heats.

Only bright spot in the afternoon was getting away from the stadium so quickly by jumping the queue out of the car park :approve:

All in all I very much doubt I'll be returning next year.

You're a glutton for punishment Shadders! Was thinking about going, but when it was time to decide knocked it on the head.

Sundstrom just looks knackered now. Has lost his edge and its not surprising with his schedule of riding in every major country. You can't be having the sort of schedule he has and it not take its toll. Kessler still at the club is just some sort of sick joke and him being there was a big reason in not bothering to travel. Why he hasn't been shipped out already just sums up Silver/Sampford.

Len should have pulled the side out when Frampton got injured and he couldn't be arsed to sign a replacement the tight old codger. At least another side would have given it ago unlike our shower.

congratulations to birmingham on your victory and massive praise to a battered,bruised and depleted tigers quartet for giving their all and making it to the final.also,great touch by them walking round from the pits to thank the sheffield fans....proud of my club today :D