British Speedway Forum

Will Sundstrom make it back from the GP in Sweden the night before?

With Linus possibly missing and Jordan definitely missing, the Rockets side could be, Neath, Ekberg, Hughes and Starke... errrr, shall we pull out now and offer our place to another side?

the BSPA really need to sort it out as they are terrible. why they won't let all teams in the premier league compete in the pairs, and why they don't bring back the 4s meetings at each track, making it fair that each team qualify from regional groups, rather than league averages. a lot bigger crowds would turn up for these events. each team deserves to be part of any final, as speedway is about each rider turning up on the day and providing the goods. they also need to move the PL rider away from sheffield to an EL track! anyone disagree?

they also need to move the PL rider away from sheffield to an EL track! anyone disagree?

Which?

Coventry? Auty rides for them...

Ipswich? Sundstrum rides for them...

Peterborough? Cook rides for them...

You get my drift?

Which?

Coventry? Auty rides for them...

Ipswich? Sundstrum rides for them...

Peterborough? Cook rides for them...

You get my drift?

Belle Vue? Lanham rides for them...

There are still EL tracks no PL number one rides though, which wouldn't give an advantage to that one number one rider who has this meeting at his track.

Belle Vue? Lanham rides for them...

There are still EL tracks no PL number one rides though, which wouldn't give an advantage to that one number one rider who has this meeting at his track.

Sheffield is a fair enough track and central for all fans of the PL to travel to. so i dont see why you are complaining?

the BSPA really need to sort it out as they are terrible. why they won't let all teams in the premier league compete in the pairs, and why they don't bring back the 4s meetings at each track, making it fair that each team qualify from regional groups, rather than league averages. a lot bigger crowds would turn up for these events. each team deserves to be part of any final, as speedway is about each rider turning up on the day and providing the goods. they also need to move the PL rider away from sheffield to an EL track! anyone disagree?

YEP I DO,events at EL tracks are not well attended and thus lose the PL a lot of money...simples :wink:

Sheffield is a fair enough track and central for all fans of the PL to travel to. so i dont see why you are complaining?

I wasn't complaining :blink:

Oo-er, handbags at dawn.

I am personally of the view all these EL events should be held at PL tracks and vice versa. *shrugs*

Oo-er, handbags at dawn.

I am personally of the view all these EL events should be held at PL tracks and vice versa. *shrugs*

Agree

Oo-er, handbags at dawn.

All comes down to money, as many things do. For a PL event at a EL track many of the regular EL attendees do not turn up and it seems these days less and less people travel to away meetings. Hopefully Peterborough will draw a decent crowd although the lack of Kings Lynn may impact the level.

I too like the idea of the qualifying rounds but again they tend to lose money as a promoter you have three away meetings to pay for from only one home meeting, so the figures dont add up.

Oo-er, handbags at dawn.

we had supporters of all clubs wanting the fours back at peterboro, but how many KL, redcar, glasgow etc fans wiil be there, you all wanted it but will you support it with your team not riding?

we shall see what the crowd is, and if it loses money again it will be back at a PL track next season

Edited by The Third Man

Yes i am sure all the supporters wanted it back at Peterborough. But i am sure that they, as i,enjoyed the day out with the 8 teams that had won through to the finals. Now they have been selected on a criteria that is not met on the day. If the u/21 and Linus dont get back then should Edinburgh be there as they qualified with Wolberts average, should Newcastle be there as they qualified using Bach's average, should Rye House be there without Sundstrom as they qualified using his average (not to mention the unfortunate Jordan.) Bring back the fours qualification. The northern section was done in one weekend with healthy crowds so i dont know how they saw it doesn't pay.

hi, i am a

monarchs fan who will be in london around time of the fours. does anyone know of any buses etc leaving from london area going to peterboruogh

Bring back the fours qualification. The northern section was done in one weekend with healthy crowds so i dont know how they saw it doesn't pay.

It was successfull up here but not down south that's why the fours qualification died.