British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
PORGIE

George Stancl Farewell Meeting - 27th Sept 2010

Can someone update on the weather about 2.30pm as we want to come down for this but after driving to Sheffield and back yesterday, working all day today not sure we could face getting to Newcastle and it pouring with rain and the meeting getting called off. Thank you. :-)

Can someone update on the weather about 2.30pm as we want to come down for this but after driving to Sheffield and back yesterday, working all day today not sure we could face getting to Newcastle and it pouring with rain and the meeting getting called off. Thank you. :-)

Not rained for over an hour now but the air is damp. TyneTees TV forecast is no rain tonight, so I think we have a meeting. Contact at the track said they have cut the track, no puddles and the track looks the same as last weeks which was slick until roughed up by the wheel.

Will be cold mind, so you might need a vest, and don't forget it is a 7.30pm first race start after the intros. Might be prudent to miss the intros and get on with the racing mind. :approve:

10 miles from the track, it's dry at the moment but is still grey.

Weather still a bit iffy. Been none stop drizzle for past couple of hours. I think its going to be one of those meetings where everyone wants it on so going to leave it until late as possible to make a decision. Hope it clears up though as I think at minute visibility for riders would be only problem in my opinion

Your keen. :D:D

Edited by diamond@heart

good luck for tonite george lets hope the meeting goes ahead without any rain really looking forward to the meeting tonite best of luck

Would just like to thank Georgie boy for his services to Speedway. Had the pleasure of knowing him when he was at Sheffield and he was a great lad and his family were real nice too. Always had a word with him on his visits to Owlerton over the years and he was always friendly and courteous. Had a lot of laughs in those early days and I have plenty of great memories to look back on.

Have a great night George, you sure deserve it!! And whatever you decide to do I wish you the very best of luck. Speedway is losing a great entertainer

Good luck to George hope the meeting is on and the weather stays dry.

Edited by Big Diamond

It says on the newcastle speedway website at 5.18pm that the meeting is definatly on.Good luck george&hope you have a good night!!

Final Result;

Newcastle 29

Glasgow 27

Wolves 25

Sheffield 23

I only have the Glasgow Scorers which were...

Bjerre 11

Tully 1

Wright 4

Grajczonek 11

... Tully eh? :rolleyes: LOL :lol:

Edited by BongoBrian