British Speedway Forum

perhaps an email to the BSPA might get some answers? Oh no they never reply...

So the finger now points at the BSPA over this. My question would be this. The YS match is - as clearly stated above - on Sunday...

So why on earth has this led to Saturday afternoon's meeting being called off..?

This makes no sense and if it is the case that the Management Committee have instructed that the NLRC (not to mention the 4s) can be cancelled with just a few days' notice (with very little chance of restaging...), what does this say about the sport's ruling body's attitude to the National League..?

Agree 100% ;)

Just wondering what the BSPA would have done if it had been a PL event...

I'm chuffing cheesed off with this after arranging to do/cancel/re arrange various things to see this meeting-chuffing BSPA make me mad, this is an absolute shambles!!!! :angry: :angry: :angry:

Has anyone thought of why the season must end at the end of october does it really matter if through circumstances such has happened these meetings run into the 1st or 2nd week in november.??

What a joke the BSPA dont think of us the fans in situations like this, my family have booked hotels in the Rye area on Saturday taken time off work to go down to cheer on Cookie on Saturday and now this

no wonder crowds are what they are these days with treatment like this

What a joke the BSPA dont think of us the fans in situations like this, my family have booked hotels in the Rye area on Saturday taken time off work to go down to cheer on Cookie on Saturday and now this

no wonder crowds are what they are these days with treatment like this

As you say, no joke that people from as far afield as Workington, Buxton etc. have made hotel bookings and leave and travel arrangements. I feel for you very much.

I think the ground-swell of anger over this might actually amount to a watershed moment... Fans (and clubs and riders...) can't be treated like this.. Things HAVE to change or the sport will not see out the decade...

The BSPA fail yet again to consider the fans and their situations.. a continuation of these punter alienating decisions, as Parsloes has said will all add to the decline in support for british speedway.. :(:angry:

Why would the BSPA ask for a meeting/s to be posponed that is being held the day before another important meeting? Something fishy about that as only Rye would have a problem with it, as the 2nd days meeting would have an effect on them as a club if say the track couldnt handle hosting 3 meetings in 2 days and it cost them the win against Newport.

ive got mates at work who have got into speedway this year.albeit on tv.they have enjoyed the gps and el and were considering attending meetings this year but everytime somat like this happens they just think the sports a joke.hard to disagree.surely the bspa should refund fans who have booked hotels.i know im living in dream land but it makes you wonder why we bother sometimes, travelling around the country supporting it.the riders professionalism keeps improving .the fans give there best .the tracks could do better at times but the bspa really dont seem to give a monkeys

What on earth is happening, with just 2-weeks of the 2010 season remaining, there is still no mention of a restaging date.

By tomorrow morning, weather permitting, the riders of both the PL & EL will quite rightly have had their League Riders Championship, with the victors deservedly going into the history books.

It will be totally wrong and an insult to the riders of the National League if they are denied the chance of creating their little piece of history. They put their lives on the line to entertain the public as much as those from the higher leagues, and for the most time by what I've seen, do a better job, so come on BSPA, sort a date for these young men.

If the meeting fails to materialise due to inclement weather, then there's little that can be done about that I guess, but there can be no justification in not running it for any other reason.

So come on, it's about time someone came clean with what is happening.

What on earth is happening, with just 2-weeks of the 2010 season remaining, there is still no mention of a restaging date.

By tomorrow morning, weather permitting, the riders of both the PL & EL will quite rightly have had their League Riders Championship, with the victors deservedly going into the history books.

It will be totally wrong and an insult to the riders of the National League if they are denied the chance of creating their little piece of history. They put their lives on the line to entertain the public as much as those from the higher leagues, and for the most time by what I've seen, do a better job, so come on BSPA, sort a date for these young men.

If the meeting fails to materialise due to inclement weather, then there's little that can be done about that I guess, but there can be no justification in not running it for any other reason.

So come on, it's about time someone came clean with what is happening.

Bit much isnt it?

I mean,asking the BSPA for an honest answer? Since when have they shown any real support for the NL?

Until they do,British Speedway will languish at the bottom of the speedway tree.Got to admire Phil Morris and his gang for trying to do something about it though.Mind you,its like an ant trying to pusuade an elephant to change its mind.

However,if all us supporters keep on moaning about,maybe,just maybe,something will come out of it.

Disgraceful handling of this event,whichever way you look at it. :mad:

Edited by BobC

As you say, no joke that people from as far afield as Workington, Buxton etc. have made hotel bookings and leave and travel arrangements. I think the ground-swell of anger over this might actually amount to a watershed moment... Fans (and clubs and riders...) can't be treated like this.. Things HAVE to change or the sport will not see out the decade...

Hmm, in which case Rye MUST be counted out for ever now from staging NL Shared events...

Though thanx to this the chances of there actually still being an NL to have shared events has been considerably reduced... :mad:

I really think it’s the BSPA who dictated to Rye House they HAD to run the Newport match before the NLRC and the ill fated NL Fours, now being run on Sunday 31st October. So surely it's the BSPA you should be attacking!

As for your comments on Rye House not being allowed to run any future NL shared events, would love to know a reason why not?

I really think it’s the BSPA who dictated to Rye House they HAD to run the Newport match before the NLRC and the ill fated NL Fours, now being run on Sunday 31st October. So surely it's the BSPA you should be attacking!

As for your comments on Rye House not being allowed to run any future NL shared events, would love to know a reason why not?

A question Dave: you tell us (coz no-one at RH will...) why the NL4s/NLRC couldn't have been staged yesterday (Saturday)at Hoddesdon...?

The Newport YS match as you'll have noticed, was staged today (Sunday)..

The fact that no answer and no apology has come (nor I suspect ever will...) from RH for the failure even to explain why yesterday's NL champs were called off when clearly they COULD have been staged, is why I say that no NL shared event should ever be staged again at RH.

And yes, I HAVE heard that they plan to 'restage' on 31/10...: only thing is frankly I have very litle belief that'll happen... Not least coz there may well still be NL Play Offs to complete on that day.

Besides which, what with the disgraceful messing around and total inconsistent handling of the rules over team composition in the P/Os; the unforgiveable near five weeks-long delay between the play off deadline and the completion (today) of both semis (a delay in which the weather played no part at all BTW...); and the cavalier attitude over staging the NLRC, I really have very little faith either that they'll be an NL to have 'shared events' next year...

Er, two Sundays left of the season.

Buxton in both the KOC Final and the Play Off Final...

The first leg of the KOC Final scheduled for next Sunday 24/10... So that would seem to rule out that date for either home or away P/O Final leg...

So how do we reckon that the NLRC & Fours can happen on the 31st. without that clashing with the Play Off Final - either the Buxton or Newport-staged first leg...? :blink:

Er, two Sundays left of the season.

Buxton in both the KOC Final and the Play Off Final...

The first leg of the KOC Final scheduled for next Sunday 24/10... So that would seem to rule out that date for either home or away P/O Final leg...

So how do we reckon that the NLRC & Fours can happen on the 31st. without that clashing with the Play Off Final - either the Buxton or Newport-staged first leg...? :blink:

Dont always agree with Mr Parsloes but what a good point :D