British Speedway Forum

Some riders are very good at league racing but can never transfer that to a full season of GP racing, Harris is one of them.

I think you're being generous there. Harris isn't really that good when it comes to league racing. I doubt he is No 1 rider for his team in Poland (a "lower" tier club). He's definitely not No 1 rider for his Swedish club (that honour belongs to a certain Mr Gollob). He's not even Coventry's No 1. He does, however, have a good record in the British Final. That will end up being the justification from his followers if he manages another nomination. "They can't not have the British champion there" will be the mantra.

One small general point and that is how can the 2011 GP series determine next year's 'World Championship' when the participants are decided on 2010 showings both in terms of qualifying and, worse still from my perspective, being selected to take part? :rolleyes:

I am not sure what you are saying Bryn. Do you mean that all next year's line-up should pre-qualify?

Anyway, well done for standing in for Craig on Saturday. I think Peter Juul is Peter Juul Larsen though.

Chris Harris is British Champion, That should stand for something . And have you forgotten how he did it .

Kauko Nieminen is Finnish Champion. Are you arguing a case that he should be in the series next year as well?

Chris Harris is British Champion, That should stand for something . And have you forgotten how he did it .

I haven't forgotten how he did it. By not being excluded for an accident that was clearly his fault and by defeating a bunch of hapless nonentities. Being British champion means nothing these days.

I haven't forgotten how he did it. By not being excluded for an accident that was clearly his fault and by defeating a bunch of hapless nonentities. Being British champion means nothing these days.

Unfortunately.

I am not sure what you are saying Bryn. Do you mean that all next year's line-up should pre-qualify?

Anyway, well done for standing in for Craig on Saturday. I think Peter Juul is Peter Juul Larsen though.

I don't see why they shouldn't qualify 'Tocha' as choosing competitors for a 'World Championship' doesn't sit well with me but that's just me I suppose.

I enjoyed Saturday and think I did say his full name was indeed Peter Juul Larsen at the beginning but was given to understand that the young Redcar Dane likes to be known as Peter Juul - certainly his local paper up there in the North East appear to think so to - go to:

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/north-east-sport/motorsport-news/redcar-bears/2010/08/06/juul-keen-on-full-time-redcar-bears-deal-84229-27010233/

Edited by Bryn

HenryW, he went from likely meeting winner to non-qualifier. And GP racing is harsh. :wink:

Kolodziej rode superbly for 4 races, but then blew it.

All the best

Rob

Yep,unlucky,that's the way it goes,I'm just glad we didn't see yet another Pole in the GP's :D:D

Yep,unlucky,that's the way it goes,I'm just glad we didn't see yet another Pole in the GP's :D:D

I hope you'll be really disapointed after final GP round when Fredrik Lindgren finish in TOP 8 of final standing :)

It means Kołodziej will qualify to GP 2011 :P

Don't you want to see the best riders in the GPs?

There is no chance of Emil Sayfutdinov being left out next season. That's not going to happen. He's won three GPs last season and made the final in one of the two GPs he completed this year. There would be outrage if he were left out. No one would take the world championship seriously, especially if a relative nonentity like Harris, who has never qualified for the GPs, was included.

You are so nice "LadyMuck" ... I bet Bomber speaks highly of you to :lol:

Don't you want to see the best riders in the GPs?

totally agree, but don't think any system has ever achieved this, i mean Laguta was good but will he be in the same position as Tai next year? although great to see another new face in the pack; I do think we may get a shock if Harris doesn't make top 8, IMG may decide we only need an englishman as a cardiff wild card as they are unlikely to trouble the top 6 for some time yet, and to be honest would no english rider really hurt the Sky viewing figures??; and why does everyone think they won't go with 4 poles - there have been calls for yet another Polish track in the GPs, so why not 4 riders; as everyone says they are the ones calling the shots?

From English viewpoint, Tai needs a year away from GPs and surely those that have tried and failed over many previous years Rico, Scott and Chris should stick to qualifying by right - if they did it might give them the confidence boost they need? Would probably liven up the British final considerably next year to be the only English rep on cardiff night! Time to back down and re-group as a speedway nation, build up confidence rather than destroy it by soul-destroying GP performances.

And as a racers fan, it has been great to see Janusz starting to deliver the promise he showed why back in 2003 - sometimes riders need to take time to mature to really make their mark. Hope he does get a slot one way or the other (Freddie should perform a lot better in the GPs now that he is certain of next year's place, he can ride with freedom so should be interesting to see his response).

I hope you'll be really disapointed after final GP round when Fredrik Lindgren finish in TOP 8 of final standing :)

It means Kołodziej will qualify to GP 2011 :P

Freddie will be "experimenting" for the remaining GP's ... so I would not hold your breath B)

I'm not sure that Hancock and Pedersen will be the wildcard shoe-ins that so many people make them out to be.

If BSI want to inject some new bloody into the GPs then this is their ideal opportunity.

I'm certain that Britons will get two of the wildcards though, in order to ensure the crowd at Cardiff. Maybe Richardson and Nicholls should get a turn?

I'm not sure that Hancock and Pedersen will be the wildcard shoe-ins that so many people make them out to be.

If BSI want to inject some new bloody into the GPs then this is their ideal opportunity.

I'm certain that Britons will get two of the wildcards though, in order to ensure the crowd at Cardiff. Maybe Richardson and Nicholls should get a turn?

Injecting new blood is what they tried with Tai!! Not everybody is going to do an Emil i'm afraid and i am sure the BSI would want an American in the series and he out of anybody would deserve a Wild Card. I do agree however with Richardson being given the opportunity. If there is a British rider they are only going to be making the numbers up in all honesty, Scott and Chris have been there and seen it all (mostly in 3rd or 4th place) but Scott has proved what being away from it all has done to him.

Going back to a previous point about Harris being British champion. He was very lucky that night in the fact he never got excluded, seriously injured after his crash and the fact Barker took Nicholls out on the 1st bend in the final. You can't knock him for getting back on a bike after his crash but he had lady luck with him at Wolverhampton that night

Edited by Coventry_Bee