British Speedway Forum
Pinny

Newport Vs Glasgow

pouring down here in the valleys, whats the chances of this being on?

have had two wasted journeys back down to newport dont want another

Um,er,there`s a strange light coming from the sky :shock:

That's ok , the military will deny everything .

Um,er,there`s a strange light coming from the sky :shock:

It`s disappeared already :rolleyes:

Eased off a fair bit now and has virtually stopped in St JUlians, would imagine if it is on there wont be much dust :P

Been raining for the bulk of the day though and all night lastnight, so if it is on the track staff have done well. :shock:

Just had news from the stadium. It's off.

No surprise there really looking at all the rain we have had yesterday and today . just dissapionted that the Newport Promotion/ management could not come on here and be honest about the prospects of tonights fixture

Was looking forward to the Kim and Screen encounters :( especially under the lights! Was also hoping to go to Stoke tomorrow like many others but the weather isn't looking too good either. :angry:

I feel sorry for the travelling glasgow fans! I hope it doesnt rain in stoke tomorrow becuase the swedes (kim & robin) will be going back to sweden without having a ride just like they did last weekend.

That is the nature of speedway. You can't expect the management to give out chances of meeting going ahead. Nobody would turn up. The meeting is on until its off! Weve all been there. driving up to Stoke in the rain waiting for the inevitable phone call. Feel for any scots making the trip down though

I feel sorry for the travelling glasgow fans! I hope it doesnt rain in stoke tomorrow becuase the swedes (kim & robin) will be going back to sweden without having a ride just like they did last weekend.

I don't think there would have been too many of us down tonight . I was down in June when the 4-30 downpour called the first staging off - so i would have been distraught had i made the trip down again today .

It happens though and will continue to happen until we can invent something to make speedway less at the mercy of the weather .

Just had news from the stadium. It's off.

I suppose it would have been too late to divert to Somerest for their 10th Anniversay meeting(assuming that that is still on of course).

If it is, I suppose they could call in and miss a couple of heats. :approve:

just dissapionted that the Newport Promotion/ management could not come on here and be honest about the prospects of tonights fixture

Why? Does every other promotion post on here about the prospects of their meetings being on if the weather is looking dodgy?

Why? Does every other promotion post on here about the prospects of their meetings being on if the weather is looking dodgy?

No they post on there own website ,newports has been under constuction for the last 2 months. so there only access to the public is the BSF or tanya's Site , both ignored by the management