British Speedway Forum

Why ???? Was it because the BSPA don't trust the people who work on the Foxhall turnstyles....if so that is a bit of an insult isn't it. To be honest it is virtually impossible to get over the turnstyles at Ipswich without paying or even doing it so that the person in the booth could pocket the money. You need to be less than 8 stone to get through the tight squeeze anyway !!!! Seemed a little unthoughtful towards long suffering speedway supporters to question everyone in such a way when they charged such a high entrance for such a poor show !!!

Twenty quid!!!!! I'm glad I havn't been since the Briggo balls up and don't intend to either,sounds like obtaining money under false pretenses!

It doesn't say a lot about Ipswich Speedway if the BSPA took over the show eh? :P

The track hasn't done much for the racing either,about the same as last year I'd say but yes the presentation used to be so much better with Kevin Long

Why ???? Was it because the BSPA don't trust the people who work on the Foxhall turnstyles....if so that is a bit of an insult isn't it. To be honest it is virtually impossible to get over the turnstyles at Ipswich without paying or even doing it so that the person in the booth could pocket the money. You need to be less than 8 stone to get through the tight squeeze anyway !!!! Seemed a little unthoughtful towards long suffering speedway supporters to question everyone in such a way when they charged such a high entrance for such a poor show !!!

I must admit Nobby I thought that the checking of tickets was nothing less than bizarre. You queue up, hand your money over, go through a turnstile and less than 5 yards away someone checks you have paid.

What on earth for ?

This was probably the most boring meeting I have ever been too. Two races you could perhaps say were ok with all of the others being straight from the gate without even the chance of any overtaking. The riders ignored the crowd when they went round on the truck and there seemed no spark to the presentation.

Of the superseven events I have attended this season the PL pairs at Somerset was by far the best event as it has been for the last couple of years. The PL fours was ok but not as good as I had hoped given the potential for good races at Peterborough. Maybe more thought has to go into which tracks present the best racing as I am not sure Ipswich does even with the changes this season.

Come on, mate. Since when has the quality of the racing at a track, the ability to put on a good show and the record for previous years had anything to do with the selection of tracks for the big events ?

As far as I can see, giving spectators good value for money and making sure that the sport gets the best possible publicity are a long way down the list.

If they were where they should be (at the top), Sheffield would not be holding the PLRC (remember the riders strike over the state of the track and the row over bike covers) and Rye House certainly would not get the NLRC - last years track was a disgrace, and how many refuse to go because it is Rye House ?

Any track that puts on a bad show should be barred from holding the same event the following year, period. After all, if someone screws up the repairs on your car, you don't continue to take it back to the same place, do you ?

Somerset for the PL pairs, Peterborough for the PL fours - both great venues for the events, even if perhaps this season the racing wasnt as good as it could have been. Peterborough for the world cup qualifyer last season, fantastic meeting. So sometimes the powers that be do get it right!

The track hasn't done much for the racing either,about the same as last year I'd say

Sorry but thats complete nonsense. The difference between the racing from last year and this is like night and day. There has been far more better meetings than poor ones this year where as there were always far more poor meetings than good ones before the changes. We now get good and bad meetings like most tracks instead of mostly bad ones.

I think its also worth noting that the track is an awful lot safer too with plenty of space for the riders to race. Off the top of my head i can't remember one bad looking crash at Foxhall this season and that in itself is a major thumbs up.

Edited by Catch22

Twenty quid!!!!! I'm glad I havn't been since the Briggo balls up and don't intend to either,sounds like obtaining money under false pretenses!

It doesn't say a lot about Ipswich Speedway if the BSPA took over the show eh? :P

The track hasn't done much for the racing either,about the same as last year I'd say but yes the presentation used to be so much better with Kevin Long

It was a BSPA event, with prices set by the BSPA and run by the BSPA. Ipswich was the host track - they (like all other tracks at BSPA events) have no say on the entrance fees, programme, etc.

As for your comments regarding the track, you are wrong, very wrong, as countless fans from other tracks have testified.

And what about the swindon match on sky ? the racing it just the same as it has been the track changes have not worked .

So how would you know . You have not been there this season! The track changes have made racing much better this season and the biggest success of all have been much safer racing. I hardly think there has been a bad crash there this season which is great

Perhaps this meeting should be moved back to the start of season, when Injuries and Poland haven't taken their toll, and fans/riders would have more appetite as the seasons just started.

Perhaps this meeting should be moved back to the start of season, when Injuries and Poland haven't taken their toll, and fans/riders would have more appetite as the seasons just started.

I think that's a much better idea.

It was a BSPA event, with prices set by the BSPA and run by the BSPA. Ipswich was the host track - they (like all other tracks at BSPA events) have no say on the entrance fees, programme, etc.

As for your comments regarding the track, you are wrong, very wrong, as countless fans from other tracks have testified.

Don't Ipswich operate the turnstiles? They run the event too not the BSPA as they do the track,presentation,provide the trackstaff,the pitstaff,etc etc and also do all the press releasees etc,pity for the fans sake they didn't update the line up early enough as people could've made a decision to boycott the event.sure the BSPA set the price etc and count the cash in the office after the meeting :D

So how would you know . You have not been there this season! The track changes have made racing much better this season and the biggest success of all have been much safer racing. I hardly think there has been a bad crash there this season which is great

Two good mates of mine have said exactly the same so I have no reason to doubt your word.

The thing is, though, is that when it really counted (in front of a big crowd and at a major event) the track was rubbish. That means that all the hard work over the season has been wasted or, at the very least counts for a lot less because people are not going to pay or to travel to watch such processional crap again.

Real shame, if you ask me.