British Speedway Forum

Taking the averages from the BSPA website, the next 5 riders in order of average are:

Mark Lemon - 8.84

Jordan Frampton - 8.29

Ricky Ashworth - 7.90

Shane Parker - 7.88

Kevin Wölbert - 7.87

Any one of those 5 would be a pretty decent replacement, but going on averages, it has to be Mark Lemon. If Ricky Ashworth gets it, then it is a farce as there are 2 riders above him in the averages.

Agreed!

To be honest I would prefer to see Frampton rather Lemon, Newcastle already have two riders riding in the meeting, putting Frampton in would balance things out more.

I understand what your saying however its a little unfair on Lemon who is above the others for Wild card picks. However if Howe last year was picked as you say on best - 2nd best rider then Frampton it should be.

Makes it still stupid mind as Lemon is being punished. Dont think they would have thought that a team may just have a better 3rd choice than anyones 2nd !!!!

gutted for Joe but why should glasgow get another rider?

the wildcards were decided on average so it should be the next highest ave rider who gets the nod irrespective of who they ride for. its meant to be the top riders and to do it any other way would be wrong

Joe Screen wasn't a wildcard.

Think that therefore means that I would put Josh in the meeting (working on the same principal that Lee Complin replaces Adrian for us.)

Looking at the above would not appear so, supposed the one thing going against Lemon is that Newcastle already have two riders.

Wonder if we will find out Joe's replacement before Sunday? :unsure::unsure:

Don't know when!! This IS SPeedway after all. :rolleyes:

I just hope that the BSPA make a better job of the Programme than they did in the 'Pairs'. Far too many mistakes. :angry::angry:

Yes I would put josh in also....but if it's on averages so does mcgowan becomes

glasgows legit representative them it should be lemon. It's the premier league riders championship not who's next best number two. Surely it's about the best riders in the league?? Mark lemon is the next best rider in the league.

Lemo should get in I think. To me, Screen's replacement should be the next in the Glasgow averages, so that's Travis.. Lemo is next in line for a wildcard so in effect would replace Trav. I'm a big fan of Frampton and would love to see him in but Lemo simply has the higher average.

As for Ashworth, no way. For Ricky to to defend his title he should have performed all year to either get Sheffield's place or one of the wildcards for the next 2 in the averages. I'm a Sheffield fan, and believe it's a ridiculous suggestion.

If the PLRC was about having the best 16 riders then the likes of Stoke and Workington would not have a rider representive.

Look at it the way I see it Travis McGowan is now the Glasgow fully fledged representive, and the criteria for the wild cards is based on the riders who are the best 2nd placed riders in the their teams.

You could say that Mark Lemon has a decent call with the rider with the next highest average.

You could say that Josh G at Glasgow has a decent call, as Joe Screen was not the wild card, so would be a straight swap between two Glasgow riders.

You could say that Ricky Ashworth deserves the call, as the PLRC Champion he should be given the call to defend his title.

Or by virtue of been the next best 2nd averaged rider in his team, Jordan Frampton deserves the call.

The criteria for the wild card is the best 2nd place rider in a team, and after Travis McGowan and Rene Bach got those, so for me the rider who should get the call is Jordan Frampton.

As usual some good old common sense from Spinny :D

Lemo should get in I think. To me, Screen's replacement should be the next in the Glasgow averages, so that's Travis.. Lemo is next in line for a wildcard so in effect would replace Trav. I'm a big fan of Frampton and would love to see him in but Lemo simply has the higher average.

As for Ashworth, no way. For Ricky to to defend his title he should have performed all year to either get Sheffield's place or one of the wildcards for the next 2 in the averages. I'm a Sheffield fan, and believe it's a ridiculous suggestion.

Its easy for pepole to come on here and say ricky wasnt sheffields best rider this year when the averages at the moment say ricky is top of the sheffield averages and has been apart from 3 weeks of the season. he was a bit unfortunate to have a couple of bad meetings during july and august as josh pipped him. you can see that after a few meetings that josh has had to ride at number 1 due to being top of the averages in august he has struggled to score anything like he was earlier on in the season. if averages was taken from now ricky would be in the meeting but for some reason the cut off date is one month before. why? imagine having a moto gp qualifying session one month before the gp at silverstone? averages DO lie and this is a classic example. its easier to score points at number 5 than it is at number 1 ask josh auty. sheffields website has a run down on the averages of who scored what from home and away. ricky has won by far more races away and home so for me hes been the best rider this season. won the pairs with josh and thrashed everyone in the northern riders final the other week. if im getting it wrong then where are the stats to prove it? one final note its a good job ricky isnt in this meeting as he would win by a mile at the moment and get more stick than he got for winning it last year.

Its easy for pepole to come on here and say ricky wasnt sheffields best rider this year when the averages at the moment say ricky is top of the sheffield averages and has been apart from 3 weeks of the season. he was a bit unfortunate to have a couple of bad meetings during july and august as josh pipped him. you can see that after a few meetings that josh has had to ride at number 1 due to being top of the averages in august he has struggled to score anything like he was earlier on in the season. if averages was taken from now ricky would be in the meeting but for some reason the cut off date is one month before. why? imagine having a moto gp qualifying session one month before the gp at silverstone? averages DO lie and this is a classic example. its easier to score points at number 5 than it is at number 1 ask josh auty. sheffields website has a run down on the averages of who scored what from home and away. ricky has won by far more races away and home so for me hes been the best rider this season. won the pairs with josh and thrashed everyone in the northern riders final the other week. if im getting it wrong then where are the stats to prove it? one final note its a good job ricky isnt in this meeting as he would win by a mile at the moment and get more stick than he got for winning it last year.

I can see your point, and I would be the first admit that of two Ricky Ashworth and Josh Auty Ricky would have stood a better chance than Josh winning this meeting, especially on present form, and is noticable that since Josh has taken the number 1 role his scores have dropped pretty dramatically.

But the powers that be decide the cut off date, rightly or wrongly and at the cut off date Josh was top of the Sheffield averages just and like you say given it a closer cut off date Ricky would have been the PLRC Representative for Sheffield.

I know that there was a lot of our fans that called for Ricky to be given the wild card entry, but for Ricky would be on a hiding to nothing if he had have been given the wild card, he has nothing to prove as he won the meeting last season fair and square, and if would have won he would not have been given the credit he deserved.

If the PLRC was about having the best 16 riders then the likes of Stoke and Workington would not have a rider representive.

Look at it the way I see it Travis McGowan is now the Glasgow fully fledged representive, and the criteria for the wild cards is based on the riders who are the best 2nd placed riders in the their teams.

You could say that Mark Lemon has a decent call with the rider with the next highest average.

You could say that Josh G at Glasgow has a decent call, as Joe Screen was not the wild card, so would be a straight swap between two Glasgow riders.

You could say that Ricky Ashworth deserves the call, as the PLRC Champion he should be given the call to defend his title.

Or by virtue of been the next best 2nd averaged rider in his team, Jordan Frampton deserves the call.

The criteria for the wild card is the best 2nd place rider in a team, and after Travis McGowan and Rene Bach got those, so for me the rider who should get the call is Jordan Frampton.

I think it should be the next in the glasgow averages so Josh G if it is him. Last year we had our no.3 representing us Andre as Kevin Doolan was injured and Adrian couldn't make it so it went to no.3. Ricky Ashworth should not get the call he wasn't good enough to get there on his average, no other riders in previous years have got there just to defend the title have they ?? So why should this year be diferent. Really unfair and a farce of a meeting if he does.

I think it should be the next in the glasgow averages so Josh G if it is him. Last year we had our no.3 representing us Andre as Kevin Doolan was injured and Adrian couldn't make it so it went to no.3. Ricky Ashworth should not get the call he wasn't good enough to get there on his average, no other riders in previous years have got there just to defend the title have they ?? So why should this year be diferent. Really unfair and a farce of a meeting if he does.

The difference there was that was Workington's sole representative, Glasgow are already represented by Travis McGowan.

There are some valid points for the four inclusion.

Josh G; Glasgow rider for Glasgow rider.

Mark Lemon; The highest averaged rider not to qualify for the PLRC.

Ricky Ashworth; The present Champion, and chance to defend the title.

Jordan Frampton; The next highest 2nd place rider in there team.

Based on the fact that the Wild cards are chosen on the basis of the 2nd highest riders in the teams then I think it is only right and proper that Jordan Frampton get the call.

Personally would go for Grajczonek, but him or Frampton should be in seemingly. Lemon is a maybe, but Ashworth definitely not, can't see why.

The only reason Ashworth would be in the Meeting would be to put numbers on the Gate. If he gets in it would be a travesty of justice. Mark Lemon should get the nod - and - that is from a Redcar 'Bears' Supporter. :blink::angry:

The only reason Ashworth would be in the Meeting would be to put numbers on the Gate. If he gets in it would be a travesty of justice. Mark Lemon should get the nod - and - that is from a Redcar 'Bears' Supporter. :blink::angry:

Could not agree more.