British Speedway Forum

Managed to get the speedway on the red button last night but twice the box just switched itself off and i had to turn it off at the wall to get it started again

any body else had this problem before?

Managed to get the speedway on the red button last night but twice the box just switched itself off and i had to turn it off at the wall to get it started again

any body else had this problem before?

Yes, last night like yourself and also the last time speedway was on red button, with absolutely no problems in between so must be to do with the red button. Very annoying.

Try resetting your box, switch off at wall and leave for a couple of mins, may do the trick..... finally got my red button to work last night by resetting

Karl

Cheers mate, tried again and working now ... happy days!

Seriously? Is anyone actually paying £40 for Sky Sports? If they are, then they are surely being ripped, cos as far as I am aware, neither Sky or Virgin charge £40 for the Sky Sports package ;)

You've got me thinking now. I've got SKY+ HD and am paying £58 (or £55 can't remember) is there a way of paying less? Can't get Virgin where we live.

You've got me thinking now. I've got SKY+ HD and am paying £58 (or £55 can't remember) is there a way of paying less? Can't get Virgin where we live.

ive just had a look at the breakdown of my bill and i'm paying £27.50 for sport + movies (with Virgin)...... I believe to take away the films it would probably only take away another few quid ............. but I have the 'XL (vip?) package' with Virgin so i'm not sure how much it would cost on other packages

TNT, I explained this after the last Grand Prix.

Races CAN be awarded - but ONLY if they are completed. Gollob had crossed the finishing line, so therefore the race could be awarded. Had Gollob not crossed the finishing line, there would have to be a re-run.

Still a bit of a dilemma here.

Pedersen falls under pressure from Lindgren .... with no contact happening between the two

If the referee allows Gollob to cross the line ..... then surely he would have to call the order at the time Gollob went over the line ..... this would have meant Zorro getting second and Nicki awarded third.

We also pay £40 for Sky Sports just for the Speedway and as we are on Virgin, we can't even watch it - let alone record it!

Not good enough!

Are you sure that is just for Sky Sports and not other packages as well? :unsure: I have Virgin Media and pay around £21 a month for Sky Sports, purely for the speedway, and cancel it for the Autumn/Winter. If you are paying £40 you ought to check why you're paying so much.

Still a bit of a dilemma here.

Pedersen falls under pressure from Lindgren .... with no contact happening between the two

If the referee allows Gollob to cross the line ..... then surely he would have to call the order at the time Gollob went over the line ..... this would have meant Zorro getting second and Nicki awarded third.

No, as I explained before, the ref can award the postitions as of the time of the incident, as long as one rider crosses the line before the race is halted. That's three times I've explained it to you now. Read the FIM rulebook - it's all in there.

All the best

Rob

Are you sure that is just for Sky Sports and not other packages as well? :unsure: I have Virgin Media and pay around £21 a month for Sky Sports, purely for the speedway, and cancel it for the Autumn/Winter. If you are paying £40 you ought to check why you're paying so much.

If you live in a non Virgin area you're pretty much stuck with Sky and have to pay £20 a month for the Sports package, but can only have sports if you have at least one Entertainment pack as well which cost a minimum of about £20.

If you only really need Sky to watch speedway, you're paying £40 a month. :(

...Think something is being lost in the translation here if you'll pardon the pun.

I think she'd do great job for SKY and viewing figures!

I have no doubts that Daria would do a great job for Sky and viewing figures.

The reason I am returning to this thread is because you said originally

"... get her some English lessons and she could go on SKY next year"

To which I replied that she speaks fluent English (and doesn't need English lessons).

If something got lost in translation then please tell me what exactly has been lost.

After all, I am not a native speaker of English.

If something got lost in translation then please tell me what exactly has been lost.

G'day Zuzel, an' howthaheckareya? I'm an Aussie, by the way, with a fluid grasp of the Pomgolian language as she should be spoke. :D

One of the main problems you've got is that yee've bin talkin' tae George.M. who hails frae Glasgae an' speaks fluent Weegie, i.e. he disnae unnerstan' Sassennach either!. As yet I've been unable to unearth a Polska-Weegie Dictionary or Translation Engine, so I reckon you're stuffed. :approve:

Incidentally I googled your name and got 'Cinders'. Is that short for Cinderella? Have you got any sisters, ugly or otherwise? Anyhow, I'll be in Polska next year for SWC if you fancy going to the ball? :P

Made my first trip to Vojens on Saturday and enjoyed it thoroughly. The racing I felt was much better than I expected after years of seeing the track on the box. Tomek was majestic and surely nothing can stop him now. :)

A downside was watching Crump knocking back some kids for an autograph - 2 hours before the start of the GP! Andersen, Hancock, Jonsson and Lindgren all stopped when asked (bout 30 mins before the GP) but Crump couldn't even offer a wave just a flat hand knock back. Poor stuff.

G'day Zuzel, an' howthaheckareya? I'm an Aussie, by the way, with a fluid grasp of the Pomgolian language as she should be spoke. :D

One of the main problems you've got is that yee've bin talkin' tae George.M. who hails frae Glasgae an' speaks fluent Weegie, i.e. he disnae unnerstan' Sassennach either!. As yet I've been unable to unearth a Polska-Weegie Dictionary or Translation Engine, so I reckon you're stuffed. :approve:

Incidentally I googled your name and got 'Cinders'. Is that short for Cinderella? Have you got any sisters, ugly or otherwise? Anyhow, I'll be in Polska next year for SWC if you fancy going to the ball? :P

Guan yersel big man! Gonna nae da that?!

I have no doubts that Daria would do a great job for Sky and viewing figures.

The reason I am returning to this thread is because you said originally

"... get her some English lessons and she could go on SKY next year"

To which I replied that she speaks fluent English (and doesn't need English lessons).

Nae bother! I wudnae ken if she kent English or no wud a!

A wee bit of Glaswegian there! Translated means, as this was the first time I'd seen her I'm hardly likely to know if she spoke English or not. So in the light hearted spirit of the complimentary way in which I was mentioning her I assumed she didn't speak English and suggested we fund lessons by have a monetary collection of the forum members; in order that she would be able to present on SKY. Simples! ;)