British Speedway Forum
iNikeAguero

Peterborough V Coventry 20/09/10

PPS - Can we get Panthers track curators to work on Wimborne Road in two weeks time please .... any dirt would be appreciated ... thanks. :D:D

Yes and bring them to Newport ,That Tonight is what I call a Speedway Track

Only saw some of the "racing" on the big screen at Poole but the track was a joke and the Panthers a bigger one.

Was told the Coventry riders are on a £500 bonus each to win tonight from Sandhu. Not sure what the Panthers number one was on. Did he have to pay to be there? :D

Feel sorry for some of the Panthers fans half there team didnt turn up and let the managment,fans and sponsors down tonight. Think they need a clear out at the showground!

Yes and bring them to Newport ,That Tonight is what I call a Speedway Track

Sometimes,just sometimes,you are as mad as you look :blink::lol:

Maybe the track was not good to start but i would say after 5 heats if you were prepared to attack the track there wasnt really a problem,the lesser lights of the panthers team seem to do ok.Its about time some pampered riders learn to ride rough tracks instead of the super slick ones.Today shows whos got bottle and ability and who doesnt.Look at eddie Kennett,ive been on his case since the start of the season,but fair play to him for giving it a go on one of his least fav tracks.

The track wasn't the problem tonight, not in the slightest.

Yes it was deep but not as deep as it has been in the past and to be honest it was no deeper than it should have been, Buzz and Norbi used the dirt to great effect and we know that Niels can also.

With an unbiased head on only 1 Coventry rider truly impressed me tonight and that was Sweetman, everytime I have seen him ride he looked nothing special but he really performed well tonight.

As for the supposed disaparity in reserves that really didn't show up tonight, 9+2 for Norbert compared to 10+2 for Pawlicki the so called wonder Pole and Bridger combined.

As far as the result goes I have to say I'm not all that surprised to be honest, Bjerre and Iversen have both proven that they can't take the pressure and Rory hasn't exactly been flying as of late.

Well done to Coventry though, you can only beat what is put out infront of you and they looked like they wanted it a hell of a lot more.

Oh well, at least I have the Ice Hockey now! :D

Only saw some of the "racing" on the big screen at Poole but the track was a joke and the Panthers a bigger one.

don't agree with this cack about the track it was there to be ridden the bees attacked it wanted it end of.. panthers were a complete shambles bar the poles

A ridiculous exclusion for Schlein - Bomber was already heading down before Schlein lost control, still in the end it made no difference to the overall outcome

Correct on all counts.

The track wasn't the problem tonight, not in the slightest.

Of course it was, it was awful and it didn't need to be.

Correct on all counts.

+2

A totally infuriating decision. Similar to a decision in the British Final this year, again involving Harris, when he fell on his own accord behind Frampton and the referee excluded the rider in front.

JT.

Walked into the stadium at 6.10 to almost wet myself laughing as he track was a foot deep with dirt and the Peterborugh boys kicking it and shaking heads. About 6.20 the Coventry riders wandered around and we spoke to Ben Barker who confirmed the Panthers riders were not happy but that the Coventry riders didn't care. With that we had an hour of frantic track work to pack the dirt down.

Sweetman, Kennett and Barker all steped it up tonight when we needed them too while Harris, KK and the reserves did as I'd expect them to do at Peterborough.

Excellent stuff :D

Well i for one are glad the lads in the team won't be negative.

Works for me. :D Never get disappointed this way.

I don't really know how Coventry managed to win this one, apart from the fact a couple of the Peterborough riders were even worse than two of ours. :P Bees won't find it so easy against Poole but at least they are there which is quite an achievement after struggling for a lot of the season.

Great track; I bet the Peterborough riders loved it. :wink:

Very impressed with Ben's performance because The Showground is not one of his favourite tracks, also Richard Sweetman again. I wonder if Rosco can persuade him to sign for us next season?

Did anyone else notice jim lawrence swearing after he spoke to Rory schlein after his controversial exclusion he clearly spoke the words as refering to schlein as a w****r surely he cannot get away with this any thoughts ??

.....Jrs....Think this is going to be a tight one tonight, with Sweetman being the weak link for Cov and Schlein producing the goods for the Panthers, and Peterborough just clinching it by a couple of points to meet Poole in the final.

I like you, not a lot but I like you. :wub: You make my predictions seem really good. :D

Well KingKennethSpeed has soon changed there tune.blink.gif

With all that authoritive talk on Kenneth's behalf i was convinced we'd be struggling tonight.rolleyes.gif

This is the rider who is supposed to be world No4 right now & he bottled it 100%.

In fact he was beaten before he even set astride a bike.

The only 2 panthers riders that can take any pride in their performances are the 2 Poles.

That said Rory's exclusion was a wrong refereeing decision, not any fault of Bomber's that is it.

To cheer like they did in the grandstand when KK came off & could have been injured was just plain spiteful.

I'm so proud of this team tonight, right through from 1 to 7, right through everyone in the pits & right through everyone on the back straight.

They took the track in their stride & performed on it instead of just riding it.

Hopefully the news on Shamek isn't too serious

Well done everyone.