British Speedway Forum
Bryn

Weymouth For Sale

Hmm, not sure if I was selling something I'd be making these sorts of comments... Hardly presents the most professional of images of the promotion...

I know this is 'only' a forum but I'm sure that both Parsloes, myself and many others do make an effort to express ouselves in a coherent manner. Both the content of the post from PB and the handling of the English language seem to fall short of the standard expected from someone in his position...

(I am aware that dyslexia causes problems for some people)

Hmm, not sure if I was selling something I'd be making these sorts of comments... Hardly presents the most professional of images of the promotion...

If I had to hazard a guess I'd say that wasn't Phil posting.

I have only "Banned" to quote your term of fraze, only People that have not and never paid to enter Weymouth Speedway !!! <remainder of accusations removed by mod>

Well i am banned

Me and 2 other directors put in £30,000 in to Weymouth Speedway so i would say we have paid :blink:

I also noticed this money was not mentioned in the fantasy story in the Speedway Star couple of weeks ago

I think it is time the BSPA did the right thing

A lot of things that have happened at Weymouth speedway have not been put on the internet because people care about Weymouth Speedway and do not want to air our dirty washing in public Then the promoter post a post like this above (bloody crazy :cry: )

Well i am banned

Me and 2 other directors put in £30,000 in to Weymouth Speedway so i would say we have paid :blink:

I also noticed this money was not mentioned in the fantasy story in the Speedway Star couple of weeks ago

I think it is time the BSPA did the right thing

A lot of things that have happened at Weymouth speedway have not been put on the internet because people care about Weymouth Speedway and do not want to air our dirty washing in public Then the promoter post a post like this above (bloody crazy :cry: )

and what would be the right thing for the BSPA to do, in your view ?

I have only "Banned" to quote your term of fraze, only People that have not and never paid to enter Weymouth Speedway !!! only an Old track spare (slapper) or people that make out they are helping for the good of the sport, only to to running you down behind your back.

This post is totally out of order. I was banned by Mr Bartlett for the 2009 season. The only reason he would give was "I am the promoter. Promoters rights. I don't want you here." This was said at the track and with a bloody great grin on his face. :mad:

I have always paid to watch Weymouth Speedway and have put in countless hours of work, both at training schools and when we were a league track. In the 70's and 80's I always paid to get in despite doing a programme column, match reports for a local newspaper and a column for a national speedway magazine. Each entitled me to free admission but I have always been aware of the shoe string circumstances of Weymouth Speedway finances so did not take advantage of such.

Since the 2003 revival, Weymouth Speedway has cost me personally about £15,000, not including admission. £10,000 of this was in cheques handed to Mr Bartlett in person. Good god, when the consortium was running in 2006/7 I still paid for my 2 programmes, paid for any beer or burgers I had and even bought the can of beer (at the full bar price) for the winner of a weekly programme competition we ran!

Banned I may have been (would still like to know the reason by the way) but NOBODY has the right to say I have EVER even TRIED to avoid paying my way. :mad:

Ray Collins

Well hopefully all this will be sorted soon and the change of ownership will see the club prosper again.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

Well i am banned

You have to ask the question, if you put so much money into Weymouth Speedway why was you banned?. 30K is a lot to put into any Speedway club in the present climate. All clubs nowadays need good sponsors, and we at Poole have a lot of superb Sponsors who are all very much appreciated by the club.

Edited by Starman2006

You have to ask the question, if you put so much money into Weymouth Speedway why was you banned?. 30K is a lot to put into any Speedway club in the present climate. All clubs nowadays need good sponsors, and we at Poole have a lot of superb Sponsors who are all very much appreciated by the club.

Just like to point out It was me and 2 other Directors that put in £30,000 not just me

We were part of the consortium that run Weymouth Speedway in 2006/7

The money we put in was used to get planning though. At the end of 2007 the consortium had fall out. Mr Bartlett decided he could run on his own the rest is history

But i was told that i was banned from Weymouth Speedway (still do not know what i have done wrong accepted for telling Mr Bartlett he was out of his depth which i have been proven right

Just like to point out It was me and 2 other Directors that put in £30,000 not just me

We were part of the consortium that run Weymouth Speedway in 2006/7

The money we put in was used to get planning though. At the end of 2007 the consortium had fall out. Mr Bartlett decided he could run on his own the rest is history

But i was told that i was banned from Weymouth Speedway (still do not know what i have done wrong accepted for telling Mr Bartlett he was out of his depth which i have been proven right

Well all i can say is its just a shame you all couldn't sort things out amicably with Mr Bartlett, as Speedway needs fans and sponsors alike.

This post is totally out of order. I was banned by Mr Bartlett for the 2009 season. The only reason he would give was "I am the promoter. Promoters rights. I don't want you here." This was said at the track and with a bloody great grin on his face. :mad:

Ray Collins

I can personally vouch for that.Ray and I came through the turnstiles together and were stood chatting by the pits when the above happened.Ive NEVER seen Ray so upset, and we have been friends for over 30 years.

If there is one person more highly thought of concerning Weymouth Speedway than Ray,then I havent met them.

With the comments made on here yesterday,and subsequently removed,and previous comments made by the same person,is it any wonder why Weymouth Speedway is in such a state?

Very very sad.

The sooner the sale goes through, the better.

Edited by BobC

With the comments made on here yesterday,and subsequently removed,and previous comments made by the same person,is it any wonder why Weymouth Speedway is in such a state?

Did not a National League Promoter have his licence revoked for a similar outburst?

just changing topic. on sunday afternoon i saw a weyline truck with a wildcats logo painted on the front parked in garratt lane just around the corner from wimbledon stadium. does anyone have any idea what this vehicle was doing so far from home. :unsure:

just changing topic. on sunday afternoon i saw a weyline truck with a wildcats logo painted on the front parked in garratt lane just around the corner from wimbledon stadium. does anyone have any idea what this vehicle was doing so far from home. :unsure:

Perhaps he was going to Sunday night's stock car racing? :D:rolleyes: