British Speedway Forum

Yes, he's certainly had his moments - 2 second places and a third place. Do you never have anything nice to say about Chris Harris, a British rider who has done very well this year in case you haven't noticed?

Yes he has done well this year but overall he has been lamentable in GPs so does not deserve a pick.

Of course he is in the top 8 and hopefully maintains that after Saturday as after Mondays heroics the man should be there but has to EARN his place to be able to say that he has a right to mix it with the top riders.

Brits this last few years have been a joke in GP and think that they can just waltz in because the TV coverage needs a Brit or two. This needs to stop. Let our riders be there because they deserve it and have earnt thier place rather than get it by default due to being British.

We will never see a Brit World Champ until the charity stops and our riders realise that they have to earn thier places by hard work.

Chris has done well at the end of the season and nobody can deny his right to be in the GP if he earns his spot.

Artem Laguta will likely struggle next year but he earned his place so nobody can deny his right to be there but our riders just get a spot because Sky TV needs a Brit.

Tai has done well this year and has leanred a lot. He does not deserve a pick but hopefully can use what he learned to qualify for 2012. Scott and Ricko do not deserve anything GP wise.

There are better riders than them in the queue who will miss out because of nationality.

I would rather see one deserving Brit who had earned thier place by struggling to qualify properly doing well in 2011 than two charity cases making fools of themselves.

Good luck Chris Harris tomorrow I for one will be rooting for you. I hope you do it and I hope next year our riders know that qualification will be their only route to GP.

Then we might see a Brit on the top podium.

What rubbish, he has shown in the latter part of the season that he deserves to be there and if he fails on Saturday then reaching a couple of finals this season suggests he is good enough for the mix.

I think you need a change of forum name.

Yet another failure to qualify, despite the travails of Nicki Pedersen, the exclusion of Walasek and Ulamek (both of whom made finals last season, finished ahead of Harris and yet weren't considered good enough), together with the injuries to Sayfutdinov mean that Harris simply isn't up to it. He's never qualified for the GPs.

Harris simply isn't up to it. He's never qualified for the GPs.

... until tomorrow. :wink:

My seeded riders would be:

1. Nicki Pedersen (if he doesn't have a stormer tomorrow and steal Holder's eighth place) - because he's box office.

2. King Emil - because it would be ridiculous to leave out one of the best three riders in the world (alongside Crump & Gollob).

3. Hans Andersen - one last chance to prove himself.

4. Not sure yet - I'll make mind up after seeing how Kolodziej and Jonsson perform tomorrow.

I wouldn't go for:

1. Davey Watt - 2011 would be one year too early for him.

2. A second Brit - there's no-one good enough. I think Woffinden will be - but not until 2012 or 2013.

All the best

Rob

Edited by lucifer sam

Harris simply isn't up to it.

So in order to be up to GP standard a rider needs more than 3 podium finishes... so next year we'll have Gollob, Crump and Hampel in a 3 man GP series.

Niamh

So in order to be up to GP standard a rider needs more than 3 podium finishes... so next year we'll have Gollob, Crump and Hampel in a 3 man GP series.

Niamh

Top eight is good enough. Hopefully Harris will manage that at his fourth attempt. Only his nationality has given him those four chances. He wouldn't have been selected initially but for his nationality. He wouldn't have been nominated for 2009 or 2010 but for his nationality. You bang on about his three finals this season, but what about no finals in 2008 and 2009?

If Harris throws this away tomorrow then he will not deserve a fifth nomination.

Top eight is good enough. Hopefully Harris will manage that at his fourth attempt. Only his nationality has given him those four chances. He wouldn't have been selected initially but for his nationality. He wouldn't have been nominated for 2009 or 2010 but for his nationality. You bang on about his three finals this season, but what about no finals in 2008 and 2009?

If Harris throws this away tomorrow then he will not deserve a fifth nomination.

You're starting to show your obsessive tendencies, old chap. :wink:

All the best

Rob

Top eight is good enough. Hopefully Harris will manage that at his fourth attempt.

Let's ignore the fact that in 2007 he finished tied 7th on points...

Niamh

Let's ignore the fact that in 2007 he finished tied 7th on points...

Niamh

and missed out on a race-off when his ever so fair British team mate mr Nicholls took him off in a race-off... Bomber deserves his place in SGP 2011

Yes he has done well this year but overall he has been lamentable in GPs so does not deserve a pick.

Of course he is in the top 8 and hopefully maintains that after Saturday as after Mondays heroics the man should be there but has to EARN his place to be able to say that he has a right to mix it with the top riders.

Brits this last few years have been a joke in GP and think that they can just waltz in because the TV coverage needs a Brit or two. This needs to stop. Let our riders be there because they deserve it and have earnt thier place rather than get it by default due to being British.

We will never see a Brit World Champ until the charity stops and our riders realise that they have to earn thier places by hard work.

Chris has done well at the end of the season and nobody can deny his right to be in the GP if he earns his spot.

Artem Laguta will likely struggle next year but he earned his place so nobody can deny his right to be there but our riders just get a spot because Sky TV needs a Brit.

Tai has done well this year and has leanred a lot. He does not deserve a pick but hopefully can use what he learned to qualify for 2012. Scott and Ricko do not deserve anything GP wise.

There are better riders than them in the queue who will miss out because of nationality.

I would rather see one deserving Brit who had earned thier place by struggling to qualify properly doing well in 2011 than two charity cases making fools of themselves.

Good luck Chris Harris tomorrow I for one will be rooting for you. I hope you do it and I hope next year our riders know that qualification will be their only route to GP.

Then we might see a Brit on the top podium.

Great post

Harry is the best brit,he puts bums on seats & unless something goes wrong big time he will be in the top 8 after tonights G.P.If you dont like the facts tough & stop knocking the best we got. x x

Not sure why people are doubting that Bomber will stay in now. Look at the facts, it needs Noddy to score 5 more, Hans 16 more & Nicki 17 more, not going to happen is it so Chris will not need to be a nominee, ladyluck, even if he does have a poor Bydgoszcz.

Are we totally sure that Emil will get a nomination now that another Russian has qualified by right, i'm sure he probably would but it has to be asked.

I wouldn't give Darcy anything GP wise yet, for a start he needs to grow up.

There will be 2 British riders in the series so Tai is a definite, whoever finishes 9th & 10th should be as well, so that's any combination of Nicki/Hans/AJ.

Kolodziej should be the other, but somehow i doubt he'll get it.

Hasnt Lindgren had a wild card pick these last two seasons ??

Hasnt Lindgren had a wild card pick these last two seasons ??

If Lindgren hadn't already qualified via the Grand Final, I wouldn't be arguing for him to receive a fourth nomination.

I fully expect Harris to claim a top eight place this evening, although Nicki Pedersen has a very good GP record at Bydgoszcz and Harris only managed three points last season.

Looking at the major riders likely to miss the cut after tonight meeting,

I reckon that Jonssson and Andersen are two thatcould miss out, and I can see Nicki Pedersen get a wild card entry to next seasons GP.

After Nicki you have to say Sayfutdinov, the guy has so much talent and not give the guy a spot in GP would be madness.

I also reckon that Kolodziej should be the next rider to be given a pick, there might be problems with the fact that the GP already has a number of Poles, but I think that he has earnt his place and if you are going to use the wild card entries to assess riders abilities then you have to include him as he has been the best Wild Card this season by a long way.

The Final pick is a difficult one, based on Bomber qualifing out right I don't think that GB should have another entry, and that means no place for Tai Woffinden, I am a Tai fan but I think that he needs to go back and re group. They could go for Darcy Ward, but I think that it would be madness for him to take it on, he only has to see what has happened to Tai this season to get an idea of what can happen. You can agrue that Darcy is at a similar level to Emil when he came into the Grand Prix, but I think that Emil is far more metally mature than Darcy, and Darcy's time will come.

So my choices would be;

(1) Emil Sayfutdinov

(2) Nicki Pedersen

(3) Janus Kolodziej

(4) Chris Harris (if not an automatic qualifier), Hans Andersen or Andreas Jonsson.

I wouldn't go for:

1. Davey Watt - 2011 would be one year too early for him.

2. A second Brit - there's no-one good enough. I think Woffinden will be - but not until 2012 or 2013.

All the best

Rob

Davey Watt is in his 30's ...... When will he be ready then ;)

Cant see the top 8 changing so Emil, Nicki, AJ and Hans to get the 4 picks making it the top 12 back in plus Emil and the two qualifiers in Artem Laguta and Antonio Lindback.

Riding numbers to be the way they finish with Emil #13, Artem #14 and Lindback #15.

#16 the wild card ... #17 and #18 the track reserves ... #19 Janusz Kolodiej who make shake things up tonight if he reaches the final and either AJ or Hans have a nightmare