British Speedway Forum

So you predict that a rider who was on the podium in 3 of the last 4 races this year will be one of the worst riders in GPs next year?

I think that if Bomber maintains that form he'll be knocking on the door of the top 3.

Niamh

So you predict that a rider who was on the podium in 3 of the last 4 races this year will be one of the worst riders in GPs next year?

I think that if Bomber maintains that form he'll be knocking on the door of the top 3.

Niamh

Ah but a rider who before this year (2007 aside) was pretty woeful in the GP's. Next year will be a lot tougher, I think Harris is better than Laguta at the moment and in all honesty he may just beat Lindback but I think the other 12 riders are all better than him. Any one of next years riders with the possible exception of Laguta are capable of finishing on the rostrum at some point (Harris included).

JT.

Edited by JT

Ah but a rider who before this year

Had to race on Ole Olsen gating tart slick specials that really didn't suit his skill set.

I think the other 12 riders are all better than him

Only Gollob and Hancock managed to score more points than Bomber in the last 4 GPs so what were all the riders you think are better doing in the last third of the season?

1 GP podium might be a fluke but 3 out of 4 to end the season and 4 podiums in total- How many podiums did these "better" riders achieve? My recollection is that only Gollob, Hampel and Crump had more podiums during the season.

Niamh

As it happens, I think Jonsson had a poor case for a nomination, but that win at Bydgoszcz saved his GP skin and no doubt set him up for another season of drifting aimlessly in 2011.

The first bit of sense you have spoken, well done m'lady

Are you Jimmy Savile ? As it happens :lol:

I reckon the nominations were spot on (going in to the lkst meeting yoiu'd have argued that AJ and Hans were probably equally likely picks - Hans hampered by injury, but disadvantaged by the fact that there was already one Danish pick).

I'm not sure this means the end to British riders being selected on nationality - this year was an oddity in that you had two of the leading title contenders requiring a nomintation due to injury. Wouldn't be surprised to see Tai (or another English rrider)get a nod next year, but there was just no way they could justify it this year, as you couldn't see him getting top 12 let alone top 8, which would have meant by selecting him would have really meant a commitment to nominate him the folloiwing year as well.

Anyway, my expectations at this stage for next year, I can see three of the nominations finishing top 8.

15th - Artem Laguta

14th - Antonio Lindback

13th - Andreas Jonsson

12th - Fredrik Lindgren

11th - Greg Hancock

10th - Kenneth Bjerre

9th - Rune Holta

8th - Chris Holder

7th - Chris Harris

6th - Janusz Kolodziej

5th - Nicki Pedersen

4th - Jarek Hampel

3rd - Emil Sayfutdinov

2nd - Jason Crump

World Champion - Tomasz Gollob

FWIW my favoured system would be to reduce the nominated riders to two (to cover situations like Nicki and Emil this year). Two riders to qualifie from the GP qualifier.

The next 8 from that, along with places 9-14 in the GP, and top 2 in the World under 21s, to race off in something similar to the old GP challenge. Perhaps hold this over 2 days (per the 87 World Final) to reduce the chance of an ef or controversial decision determining the qualifiers. Top 3 from this would qualify.

My prediction, looks like a really tough series coming our way.

1. Jason Crump

2. Tomasz Gollob

3. Janusz Kolodziej

4. Jarek Hampel

5. Nicki Pedersen

6. Emil Sayfutdinov

7. Kenneth Bjerre

8. Rune Holta

9. Greg Hancock

10. Chris Harris

11. Andreas Jonsson

12. Freddie Lindgren

13. Chris Holder

14. Artem Laguta

15. Antonio Lindback

My prediction

1. Tomasz Gollob

2. Jason Crump

3. Emil Sayfutdinov

4. Nicki Pedersen

5. Chris Harris

6. Freddie Lindgren

7. Jarek Hampel

8. Greg Hancock

9. Kenneth Bjerre

10. Rune Holta

11. Andreas Jonsson

12. Janusz Kolodziej

13. Chris Holder

14. Artem Laguta

15. Antonio Lindback

Obviously its very very hard to predict especially next season with so many good riders in the series.

If all riders will be injury free (like that is going to happen :unsure: ) i think we can expect something like this (no particular order with in the groups):

Riders that will fight for Positions 1-3: Hampel, Crump, Gollob, Sajfutdinov, Kolodziej

Riders that will fight for remaning top 8 Positions: , Pedersen, Jonsson, Harris, Holder, Bjerre, Holta

Riders that probably wont be likely to manage top 8: Hancock, Laguta, Lindbäck and Lindgren.

I think Jonsson new team with Carl Blomfelt as chief mechanic and new engine tuner will do him good and secure him top 8 position.

I think we might see the same scenario for Greg as we did with Adams last two season. Leigh finished 6th in 2008 but who were almost 20 points behind top 8 in 2009.

I think Gollob will launch another good challenge next year too but he will notice that winning two years in a row is very difficult.

Crump will have his arm fixed during the winter and will probably claim another podium finish.

I think Hampel will be even better next year and i think he might be our champion next season.

I think that Zorro probably will ride atleast one GP due to injuries on the permanent riders.

I think that Jonas Davidsson will be wild card in Göteborg and Thomas H Jonasson will be wild card in Målilla at least those would be my picks.