British Speedway Forum
willp

Dudley Heathens Vs. Buxton Hitmen 05/10

SPEEDWAY success story Dudley Heathens continue their bid for a fairytale league and cup double when Buxton Hitmen visit Monmore Green on Tuesday (7.30).

It’s the first leg of the National League Play-off semi-final with the return in Derbyshire set for Sunday, October 17.

The former Cradley club, who are backed in big number by new and older fans alike, are looking for a handy first leg lead as they bid to reach the Grand Final in their first season.

Manager Will Pottinger said: “This will be a tough meeting because everyone remembers when Buxton came here in the Cup three weeks ago and turned us over.

“We were poor that night, we had three or four riders off the pace and I would like to think it was nothing more than a blip.

“Now we need the backing of our brilliant fans to come along and roar us to what we hope will be a good first leg victory. Buxton are fast at the start so we need to combat that threat.”

Heathens are at full strength for what is their biggest meeting of the season so far.

The sides meet again on successive Sundays at Buxton with the return leg of the KOC set for this Sunday, October 10.

DUDLEY: Lee Smart, Micky Dyer, Tom Perry, Jake Anderson, Barrie Evans, Ashley Morris, Richard Franklin.

BUXTON: Craig Cook, Jonathan Bethell R/R, Robert Branford, Adam Allott, Nick Morris, Lewis Dallaway, Jason Garrity.

really looking forward to this and revenge ;):wink:

Bring it on! :lol:

Coming down to witness another Buxton victory :)

We'll be making our second trip to Dudley and hoping for a repeat of the KO Cup performance - fingers crossed. Twitter updates will be available for those who can't make the journey. :)

Weather looks good. Coming down to snap this one again.

If tonights match is half as good as the last one it will be a great match.

Conkers - That was actually one of the least entertaining meetings from the point of view of racing. Great if you're a Buxton fan obviously.

-------------------------------------------------

Desperately hoping our boys bring their A game tonight. It's such a big meeting. I can't imagine Smart, Evans and Anderson will score so low again but you just never know. We got turned over by Mildenhall mid-season but we ommered Newport. Go figure!! :blink::D

Conkers - That was actually one of the least entertaining meetings from the point of view of racing. Great if you're a Buxton fan obviously.

At home, entertainment means racing. Away from from all I want is white and yellow in front :)

Well done Buxton and Very well Done Jason Garrity, Took some Stick on the Updates, has been my fav NL rider for the last couple of months , Reminds me of a young Briggo Fundin or Harrysson, at there time, Me I wish he was in My team . but he's Not but I can see the talent Well Done

Well done Buxton and Very well Done Jason Garrity, Took some Stick on the Updates, has been my fav NL rider for the last couple of months , Reminds me of a young Briggo Fundin or Harrysson, at there time, Me I wish he was in My team . but he's Not but I can see the talent Well Done

Can I ask would you feel the same way if you had the repair bill after he'd raced against you! I very much doubt it I am sure I'm not alone when I say that. I'm sorry he's just not in controll

Can I ask would you feel the same way if you had the repair bill after he'd raced against you! I very much doubt it I am sure I'm not alone when I say that. I'm sorry he's just not in controll

Yep thats the very same words that was spoken about Barry Briggs

Congratulations buxton :approve:

Yep thats the very same words that was spoken about Barry Briggs

maybe. 

maybe. 

That's fair dinkum, Edwardian; when Briggo first burst onto the scene in the 60's he copped an incredible amount of stick - if the Internet Forums were around then you'd have thought he was Darcy Ward!

I saw Jason Garrity ride at Sheffield earlier in the season. He wiped out a rider (Greg Blair if my memory serves me correctly) on the third bend. However, the lap before, he made the most incredible turn around bends one and two - hugging the white line after charging into the turn at a ridiculous speed and on the most narrow line. I felt sure he would go through the fence but he rode it like someone who had been riding for years.

Yes, he is wild. But in these days of endless Aussies and Poles seemingly off a convyor belt, shouldn't we be celebrating the fact we have an outstanding new teenage talent who can pass riders, is fearless and a potential crowd puller?

The previous posters who commented about Barry Briggs are 100% spot on. There was talk of riders wanting him banned due to his ruthless 'out of control' tactics and he went on to be one of the best riders the world has ever seen.