British Speedway Forum
willp

Dudley Heathens Vs. Buxton Hitmen 05/10

Can I ask would you feel the same way if you had the repair bill after he'd raced against you!

Never mind the opposition, what about poor Robert Branford? :blink:

Garrity is some talent and you would want to retain the zest and youthful enthusiasm. But there are alternative means of slowing down other than using riders as a kind of substitute safety fence.

Congratulations to Buxton, by the way, on a well-deserved victory.

I saw Jason Garrity ride at Sheffield earlier in the season. He wiped out a rider (Greg Blair if my memory serves me correctly) on the third bend. However, the lap before, he made the most incredible turn around bends one and two - hugging the white line after charging into the turn at a ridiculous speed and on the most narrow line. I felt sure he would go through the fence but he rode it like someone who had been riding for years.

Yes, he is wild. But in these days of endless Aussies and Poles seemingly off a convyor belt, shouldn't we be celebrating the fact we have an outstanding new teenage talent who can pass riders, is fearless and a potential crowd puller?

The previous posters who commented about Barry Briggs are 100% spot on. There was talk of riders wanting him banned due to his ruthless 'out of control' tactics and he went on to be one of the best riders the world has ever seen.

Nice one Tiger,people forget Jason has less than a seasons experience under his belt.He`s a massive talent and rides with total commitment,a fierce competitor who just hates to lose.One thing he is`nt and that is a dirty or deliberately dangerous rider.

One thing he is`nt and that is a dirty or deliberately dangerous rider.

Agreed. But if you're on the receiving end of a Garrity shunt it's something of a moot point whether it was dirty or merely reckless. The bruises are just as painful.

Someone gave me some valuable advice when my young lad was progressing, he said when they start to say "he is dangerous" you know they are taking him serious.

Likewise with Garrity, he can and most likely will turn into a very very good rider sooner rather than later, and he's already a very serious competetor at this level.

He can be totally roar one lap then do something very special the next, the roarness will dissapear very soon I think.

I saw Jason Garrity ride at Sheffield earlier in the season. He wiped out a rider (Greg Blair if my memory serves me correctly) on the third bend.

I've got the DVD. He hit a patch of grip which made him pick up and fly into Greg.

Tonight he didn't knock anyone off. The ref said he discluded him for "being out of control and putting the other riders on edge", so basically if someone passes you, throw your bike down and the rider will be excluded for passing.

Before you Heathens say he did knock Ashley off, the ref said he didn't.

Great meeting, and without all the bad luck suffered by the Hitmen, we'd have been pushing for 60! Ommer that one! :P

Agreed. But if you're on the receiving end of a Garrity shunt it's something of a moot point whether it was dirty or merely reckless. The bruises are just as painful.

And just as expensive. 

Never mind the opposition, what about poor Robert Branford? :blink:

Ha, ha, im sure while Robert would have been unhappy at first after five mintes he would have calmed down and concentrated on his next race.

Ive been very pleased he has turned into a great team man(teenager)and the final result is all that would have mattered.

Ive seen him pull aside to keep riders maximums, stay behind slower team mates, and is always in the thick of things in the pits.

Im sure him and JG will still be good mates.

Cheers Chopper

I saw Jason Garrity ride at Sheffield earlier in the season. He wiped out a rider (Greg Blair if my memory serves me correctly) on the third bend. However, the lap before, he made the most incredible turn around bends one and two - hugging the white line after charging into the turn at a ridiculous speed and on the most narrow line. I felt sure he would go through the fence but he rode it like someone who had been riding for years.

Yes, he is wild. But in these days of endless Aussies and Poles seemingly off a convyor belt, shouldn't we be celebrating the fact we have an outstanding new teenage talent who can pass riders, is fearless and a potential crowd puller?

The previous posters who commented about Barry Briggs are 100% spot on. There was talk of riders wanting him banned due to his ruthless 'out of control' tactics and he went on to be one of the best riders the world has ever seen.

I have read Edwardians post and I appreciate he was on the end of a costly repair and I hope he recovered pretty quickly financially. It is unfortunately part of racing.

What we have here is a special talent. Remember watching the late great Kenny Carter once at Barrow, Jason has the same gusto about his riding how he is in the pits after a race. As posted before there are loads of good riders out there but every now and again someone comes along, catches the eye virtually every time they get on a bike. All of a sudden that becomes something you do not want to miss and it ends up as clicks through the turnstile.............Last night he put in a great performance, even the most Brummie of Heathens supporters must have enjoyed witnessing twice in a month someone who could go places cutting their teeth on their track.................and yes don't forget he's a Manchester lad!!!!

Nice one Tiger,people forget Jason has less than a seasons experience under his belt.He`s a massive talent and rides with total commitment,a fierce competitor who just hates to lose.One thing he is`nt and that is a dirty or deliberately dangerous rider.

Couldn't have written it better myself

Despite the recent Garrity jizzfest, I thought he was a menace when I saw him at Newport earlier in the season. He might have some talent but you can't go knocking riders off because you are going to fast to stay in control.

Despite the recent Garrity jizzfest, I thought he was a menace when I saw him at Newport earlier in the season. He might have some talent but you can't go knocking riders off because you are going to fast to stay in control.

That's what I was trying to say diesel thankyou!

I've got the DVD. He hit a patch of grip which made him pick up and fly into Greg.

Tonight he didn't knock anyone off. The ref said he discluded him for "being out of control and putting the other riders on edge", so basically if someone passes you, throw your bike down and the rider will be excluded for passing.

Before you Heathens say he did knock Ashley off, the ref said he didn't.

Great meeting, and without all the bad luck suffered by the Hitmen, we'd have been pushing for 60! Ommer that one! :P

His first bend riding was that of a GP rider tonight. Belief, control (sorry Branflake)and tenacity. He was excluded because he was riding beyond NL normal standard and his skills were intimidating the other riders around him. Jason now has to progress gradually now in each tier of the sport which is like most riders do, the exceptions being, Briggo, Lee, Collins, Morton,Thorpy,Carter The Morans and now Sayfudinov. Only problem was they all just couldn't wait that long. Lets hope Jason can join that illustrious band of riders.

Congrates to buxton and as everyone says jason is a talent but I asked ash and he said his dirt deflector touched my front wheel and unsettled my front wheel and down I went. I would also like to say jasons grandad asked me what ash had said about the crash and i told him which he replied that will do for me as ash doesn t lie and as for speedwaysquashman saying he intimidating that s wrong as if you watch speedway at this level and u15 you d know that ash and jason have had some great races and respect each other very much.

Congratulations Buxton. You were simply too good for us. I have no complaints about the result. I will be amazed if Buxton don't do the league and cup double now. It would take a bigger shock than Poole choking for them to screw this one up.

I will, however, reiterate what I said about Garrity on updates and FB last night. He's fast and an obvious talent. But he's a danger to himself and others at times. Last night alone he caused Morris and Perry to fall, forced Branford to shut off, bumped Dyer and ran straight into Branford on another occasion (how they both stayed on I don't know). Even Matt Davis (Oxford fan and part time amateur rider when he's not digging up weeds :lol:) said to me last night on FB "...I'm told it's quite scary being in front of him in a race...". And he's a member here so feel free to ask him to confirm he said that to me. :P That said...sign him up Will. :wink:

Jealousy is a bitch :rolleyes: