British Speedway Forum

Cheers.

Pandorum, Wocky Channels is the best... good banter with fellow speed freaks if you want too.

Cheers Lawrence for the link... even saw my seat next to the pits :approve:

Getting excited now :P

Pandorum, Wocky Channels is the best... good banter with fellow speed freaks if you want too.

cheers 2

I will check it out on Saturday

Excited isn't the word BB.My Brummies polo shirt and gigantic Polish flag is packed into my hand luggage for tomorrow mornings flight to Gdansk!!Hope to see you in the Cafe Amsterdam(along with Rico and friends and the Bandits Massive)on Saturday afternoon in Bydgoszcz.Be there in Cafe Amsterdam about 1.30-2pm!

Excited isn't the word BB.My Brummies polo shirt and gigantic Polish flag is packed into my hand luggage for tomorrow mornings flight to Gdansk!!Hope to see you in the Cafe Amsterdam(along with Rico and friends and the Bandits Massive)on Saturday afternoon in Bydgoszcz.Be there in Cafe Amsterdam about 1.30-2pm!

I'll see you on the other side mate. Safe Journey B)

Accroding to the official SGP page, Hans Andersen is in for a busy night :lol:

He deserves a spot in next year regardless, being able to race himself :P

HEAT RED BLUE WHITE YELLOW/BLACK

1 R.Holta (7) J.Kolodziej (16) H.Andersen (10) H.Andersen (10) K.Bjerre (8)

2 T.Gollob (2) F.Lindgren (9) C.Harris (14) H.Andersen (10) H.Andersen (10)

3 J.Hampel (13) J.Crump (1) P.Protasiewicz (19) M.Zetterstrom (11)

4 T.Woffinden (15) C.Holder (12) N.Pedersen (6) G.Hancock (4)

5 G.Hancock (4) R.Holta (7) T.Gollob (2) P.Protasiewicz (19)

6 C.Holder (12) J.Hampel (13) J.Kolodziej (16) C.Harris (14)

7 J.Crump (1) T.Woffinden (15) F.Lindgren (9) H.Andersen (10) H.Andersen (10)

8 K.Bjerre (8) H.Andersen (10) H.Andersen (10) M.Zetterstrom (11) N.Pedersen (6)

9 C.Harris (14) N.Pedersen (6) R.Holta (7) J.Crump (1)

10 M.Zetterstrom (11) T.Gollob (2) T.Woffinden (15) J.Kolodziej (16)

11 H.Andersen (10) H.Andersen (10) P.Protasiewicz (19) H.Andersen (10) H.Andersen (10) C.Holder (12)

12 G.Hancock (4) K.Bjerre (8) J.Hampel (13) F.Lindgren (9)

13 F.Lindgren (9) M.Zetterstrom (11) C.Holder (12) R.Holta (7)

14 J.Kolodziej (16) G.Hancock (4) H.Andersen (10) H.Andersen (10) J.Crump (1)

15 N.Pedersen (6) H.Andersen (10) H.Andersen (10) J.Hampel (13) T.Gollob (2)

16 P.Protasiewicz (19) C.Harris (14) K.Bjerre (8) T.Woffinden (15)

17 R.Holta (7) H.Andersen (10) H.Andersen (10) T.Woffinden (15) J.Hampel (13)

18 P.Protasiewicz (19) J.Kolodziej (16) F.Lindgren (9) N.Pedersen (6)

19 H.Andersen (10) H.Andersen (10) M.Zetterstrom (11) G.Hancock (4) C.Harris (14)

20 T.Gollob (2) C.Holder (12) J.Crump (1) K.Bjerre (8)

Shock horror etc. etc. etc......according to my fathoming of Google's translation from the main polish speeedway website TOMASZ GOLLOB MAY NOT BE RIDING ON SATURDAY

Saturday's tournament was supposed to be special for Tomasz Gollob and Polish fans. The leader of the classification of the Grand Prix at its home stadium is to celebrate the title of IMS. But if it happens after the fight on the track? Until Thursday night it looked like the fact that a Pole in Bydgoszcz will be able to leave in peace the last tournament. However, traditionally bad luck haunts ward of the local Polish community. During the last workout on the bike motocross future IMS recorded a harmless fall. After medical tests found that Gollob slightly tore the joint capsule and its performance is in question. The final decision will depend on the health status of our best rider.

Regarding the line-up and the mess on the official site, i've mentioned it in the race cards thread, the polish site has no number 3 and a totally different line-up!

UPDATE The official site has now corrected it's faulty line-up.

Edited by manchesterpaul

Gollob's injured and limping so he didn't practise today but he wants to ride tomorrow no matter what and I'm sure he will.

Edited by Mateusz

I'm hearing stories from Poland that Tomasz has broken his ankle and won't be riding.

Meant to post this a few hours ago but didn't have time. It seems more positive news? Certainly it doesn't refer to a 'broken' ankle and indicates he will start with it strapped up.

Google translation from the polish site

Tomasz Gollob, having assured the world title in driving the slag, due to injury did not participate in training before the last tournament of the Grand Prix in Bydgoszcz. However, it has to start in Saturday's race. Gollob while riding on a motocross bike suffered a torn ankle purses right leg. He has formed a special dressing, care of the doctors. According to the assurances of those around the player will be able to take part in the tournament.

Edited by manchesterpaul

word is, that mr gollob and mr holta didnt atend the practice today, and mr gollob is NOT racing tomorrow

Why do people frequently say 'word is'? It makes it impossible to make any judgement as to the worth of the statement.

When and where do we find out for sure if Gollob is or isn't riding tomorrow on that basis?.

I give a source that is frequently updated and checkable. http://www.sportowefakty.pl/zuzel/ and for a translated version see if this works universally http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http://www.sportowefakty.pl/zuzel/ I have the site saved as a translated bookmark avoiding having to go to Google Translate every time i wish to visit, so not sure if this link works for everyone or if you need to save it in your own bookmarks.

However, if you have better and speedier information as to the state of things is it not possible to share with us where we can find it? Or is it some sort of inside information that is being witheld from the press/media. Not sure why as all tickets are already sold.

Edited by manchesterpaul

Gollob tore his articular capsule in his right leg, right above the foot. He's limping heavily... but yesterday at the meeting with the fans at the Bydgoszcz old square he said - "see you at the stadium tomorrow, I will be racing"

Holta's been limping since the Terenzano GP and in the meanwhile he was awesome in Polish and Swedish league matches.

All Polish media have been saying since yesterday that Gollob's injured and didn't practise but will be racing in the GP on Saturday.

Edited by Mateusz

My mates tell me Holta's Ok but Tomasz is a bit of a mystery at the mo. Here's hoping he's OK to ride.