British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Ben Barker V Tai Woffinden

But he did stay down and not clear the track at Brandon and he did his finger wagging at Poole to Holder,just like Ward he's got some growing up to do.

I have spoken to somebody that was there who themselves were a bit offended and annoyed at what Tai was saying after the chances he has been given by saying he is British and as JayB has said that is pretty much what happened Tai said he could not wait to go back to Aussie and said British speedway was rubbish and done nothing for him and he will always be an aussie so Ben told him where to go if didnt want to be called British which Woofy didnt like and scuffle started

All sounds like a whole load of rubbish to me.

No one claims to have been there and heard it, all ive been told nonesense.

Dont believe it for 1 minute.

Unless Barker mentions it and says it happened then no one really seems to know. :rolleyes:

I think the 'alleged' black eye occurred at Poole in the Play-off final!

If you look at the http://www.coventrymotorspeedway.com/ website photo with the team, he is turning his head so you cant see his face!!!!!

Nah he just can't stand still long enough for the shutter to click, He did nothing to help us win so he should'nt be in the photo anyway

Edited by speedibee

So Pirate and I states about better talent than Barker, where are you coming from.

Name how many have BEAT Mr Clean at Swindon this year, the race of the year Barker,

Old Guard, Scotty has he had his day at top level ?. good on a good day GP's dont think so,

Ricco again the same, cant cut the mustard unfortunately.

Who else is there.

How many have beat Mr Clean at Swindon this year ? Well , the hated Richardson, who you say can't cut the mustard, has for a start. He met Leigh at Swindon three times this year and beat him twice. A lot of Swindon fans made posts on the forum praising Rico and saying they wanted him back at Swindon next year. I can't remember many praising Barker in the same way or saying they wanted him at Swindon so your comments about Barker are a bit subjective, to say the least, and not a lot of people would not agree with you.

As for your comments about Scott having had his day, he may be not the rider he once was but the fact is that his 9-point EL average is over 70% better than Barkers 5-point effort, so Barker still has a long way to go. Scott has probabaly forgotten more about racing than Barker knows.

Unpalatable though it may be to some people on the forum, the plain fact is that Richardson and Nicholls, together with Bomber have been far and away the most successful British riders for the best part of a decade. They might not be world champions but their record puts them head and shoulders above any of their contemporaries.

So when the Barkers, Woffindens, Bridgers etc, have actually achieved something comparable to the top three Brits, e.g. World under21 Champion, Podium place in a GP, EL riders Champion, British Champion, or a consistent 8+ average in the EL, then is the time to start crowing about them and telling us how good they are. Anyone who has been following speedway for more than 5 minutes knows there have been loads of riders over the years that looked good at 20 years old but for various reasons don't go on to greater things.

By all means support the young ones but don't tell us they are anything like the standard of the top three because they are not yet. Whether they go on to bigger things still remains to be seen.

Bridger and Barker are good enough to be heatleaders but they spend too much time messing about looking for trouble.

Tai has had to hold himself together this year without any help from the BSPA with regards to the fixtures around the time of the Volcanic ash cloud which meant he missed the practise for his first two Gp's. His tuner messed him about and cost him a fortune, so all that sponsership for being British really has only gone into Michael Lee's back packet.

All three, and Kennett have had very poor seasons. However looking at their averages, they are all capable of putting at least a point on their averages in 2011.

Bridger 5.10 - 2.5 = 4.97

Barker 5.85 - 2.5 = 5.7

Kennett 6.63 - 2.5 = 6.46

Woffinden 7.18 - 2.5 = 7.01

Edited by superguest

If one was running a company looking to sponsor a young British rider that has potential to develop into a rider of world class where would one start to look currently?

They all seem to be giving plenty of reasons why one wouldn't want to sponsor them if what is being said is true.

Niamh

Bridger 5.10 - 2.5 = 4.97

Barker 5.85 - 2.5 = 5.7

Kennett 6.63 - 2.5 = 6.46

Totally off topic, but that lot comes to 17.13, add Shamek on a 4 and you have the makings of a decent side led by Bomber and KK..... WOO HOO!

Edited by Sir Jasper

Totally off topic, but that lot comes to 17.13, add Shamek on a 4 and you have the makings of a decent side led by Bomber and KK..... WOO HOO!

using 42 points i think if you got rid of bridger and replaced him with 4 pointer auty say, that would complete our team building for next year!

Don't think Shamek will be back on a 4.00 average ..... it will be reassessed ;)

Wolves hold the Olympique next week with Bomber in the line up ..... maybe BB (Baby Elvis) will be there too ?

. His tuner messed him about and cost him a fortune, so all that sponsership for being British really has only gone into Michael Lee's back packet.

Best days work Tai did was to get rid of that jerk Michael Lee. I always thought Lee was not a good influence. Whilst its not a good season for Tai getting shot of Lee was the first step towards becoming his own man and learning by his mistakes. He is not the first rider to get ripped off by a tuner but its all part of the learning curve.

Talent is not enough. The experience of running a support team and being your own man is just as important. What he learns in the next couple of years will be crucial.

I despair that Bridger and Barker will ever learn anything about their off-track organisation, but they might.

I have spoken to somebody that was there who themselves were a bit offended and annoyed at what Tai was saying after the chances he has been given by saying he is British and as JayB has said that is pretty much what happened Tai said he could not wait to go back to Aussie and said British speedway was rubbish and done nothing for him and he will always be an aussie so Ben told him where to go if didnt want to be called British which Woofy didnt like and scuffle started

If true, which based off his own public comments earlier this year suggests it might be, but if if it is true then Woffinden can feck off back to Aussie and I will cheer anyone, but Wuffy, Wuffy, Wuffy in the future.

Over the last two weeks, we have had

Smashed-Phone-gate

Not-clearing-the-track-gate #1

Not-clearing-the-track-gate #2

Smashed-Urinal-gate

Champaign-gate

and now

Black-eye-gate

All very immature and frankly embarrasing. Especially seeing as lots of people on here look donw on football and football fans!

It really does make you wonder about these guys they come across as totally unprofessional , there behaviour certainly needs addressing, this is certainly not the first time that Bridger and Barker's behaviour has been called to account, I suppose they think they can do what they like as per certain rock stars/groups because after all they are "big stars" of Elite League Speedway, I don't think !!! Imagination is a wonderful thing boys.

Perth is his hometown and Pinjar his fav track apparently.

Not according to the man himself. :P

http://www.taiwoffinden.com/profile.php

------------------------------

Back in the summer I said I'm half expecting Tai to go Aussie. So if what has been stated here is true I'm not at all surprised.

Why has Bridger been dragged in to this?

Over the last two weeks, we have had

Smashed-Phone-gate

Not-clearing-the-track-gate #1

Not-clearing-the-track-gate #2

Smashed-Urinal-gate

Champaign-gate

and now

Black-eye-gate

All very immature and frankly embarrasing. Especially seeing as lots of people on here look donw on football and football fans!

Steve, you missed out,

Couldn't make the gate-gate :D