British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Pawlicki And His Average Manipulation

Where did you get that information from?

Wolverhampton supporters who were at the track at the time watching them do it !!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by scottyfan

But Screen was given a new average anyway so no advantage was gained................what about Pawlicki???

Exactly.

Except you used a facility for Joe, thats illegal. Coventry have broken no rule.

Except you used a facility for Joe, thats illegal. Coventry have broken no rule.

Nor do Poole, allegedly :rolleyes:

Cant believe some Pole fans are falling for Shov`s bitter nonesense.

Cov, probably the people`s champions

Poole - the team that SHOULD have won given there supreme superiority.

But Davey Watt summed it up perfectly.

Perhaps its time for Poole fans to accept that the team bottled it instead of looking for excuses that arent there.

Just when you think most sensible Poole fans were taking the defeat with some grace you get bitter and plain right nonesense from some quarters.

I can normally see Shov`s side - but he is plummeting to an all time low at the moment.

Wolverhampton supporters who were at the track at the time watching them do it !!!!!!!!!!!

I thought Ballinger explained that quite clearly and reasonably, if you refer to the approriate thread.

It had rained heavily and solidly from Thursday. Thursday's meeting was abandoned after two races. There was little time to do much at all before the meeting. Taking the top off simply reveals more 'slush'. Contrary to assertions from a certain Poole follower it rained at Coventry for a lot of Monday.

The same thread also contains a suggestion from Mr. Shovler to 'pile more dirt on' Can't win can we?

We had a doctors note. :D

here's a proposal for The Bees team in 2011

K Kasprzak 8.55

C Harris 8.27

E Kennett 6.63

L Bridger 5. 10

K Larsen 4. 84

P Pawlicki 4.00icon_smile_approve.gif

Remainder 5.21.Lovely jubbly icon_lol.gif

Edited by colincooke

K Kasprzak 8.55

C Harris 8.27

E Kennett 6.63

L Bridger 5. 10

K Larsen 4. 84

:D Sounds good to me.

How did they get in before the gates were opened?

We had a doctors note. :D

We didnt need one, as explained by everybody on here, and Rosco's statement

K Kasprzak 8.55

C Harris 8.27

E Kennett 6.63

L Bridger 5. 10

K Larsen 4. 84

Looks nice, everybody will be after Larsen though.

K Kasprzak 8.55

C Harris 8.27

E Kennett 6.63

L Bridger 5. 10

K Larsen 4. 84

I'd pay money to watch that team.

Well reading the posts on this part of the forum, im my opinion Matt Ford has plumbed new depths in terms of his lack of respect for a team that were clearly better than his over the play-offs and fully deserved their League Championship title as a result without breaking any rules whatsoever along the way! As for his lap-dog Shovlar, he's just showing himself to be just a wind-up merchant who has no clear inkling of the true facts and of a total sore loser despite his attempt to be otherwise on the night in question.

As Rosco said in his comments on the Bees website, it's a pity that neither Ford or Shovlar cannot adopt the same professionalism and respect that Middlo and Davey Watt managed.

Poole made their team changes after starting so badly last year and then if they had gone on to win the play-off you would hear nothing but gloating from Shovlar over the opposition bottling it, he even had a bet on Poole winning ... so, Coventry fans, give it your worst, it's only what Shovlar would be doing constantly

An interesting column from Matt Ford in last nights Poole program.

"Finally, and most importantly, the last thing I want to do is rain on Coventrys celebration parade in 48 hours time at Brandon, but I would like to draw attention to the following important fact.

On September 13th, their key reserve Pawlicki was in fine fettle scoring 7 points in Bees semi-final first leg against Peterborough.

A week latter he was in the Bees side bagging another 5 rides at Peterborough in the playoff semi-final second leg.

However, in between these meetings, Coventry had a league meeting at Swindon on September 16th, a match that would have seen Pawlicki reach 12 meetings for an official average running after 11 meetings at 6.18.

This would have seen Pawlicki promoted into the Bees top five for both legs of the Playoff final and also providing his actual average for next year.

But here's the thing. Pawlicki suffed an injury preventing him from riding at Swindon. it ruled him unfit to ride at Swindon, but fit enough for the playoff meetings.

So he remained on an assessed 4 point average - and was avalable to drip feed the Coventry management to use at reserve for both legs of the final. Pawlicki scored 26 points compared to Sweetmans 6 over 30 heats.

Would it have been different had Pawlicki been inthe team with Sweetman at reerve? We will never know. But it would have been nice to have had the oportunity to face Bees in the right riing order.

All I know is I have had 5 fellow Elite Legue promoters contact me voicing their concerns over his inclusion at reserve. I'll leave you all to form your own opinions about how we feel over the whole matter."

END.

The fact that Pawlicki rode in POland (and won the meeting) but was too injured to ride for Coventry at Swindon looks like it's going to come back and bite him and Coventry on the bum. With 6 EL promoters far from happy with the manipulation that has taken place, and the fact that every rider has to have his average for 2011 rattified at the bSPA conference, it's not looking good for Pawlicki and Coventry teams building plans in 2011.

Parhaps Rosco made a mistake in saying that Pawlicki ws "injured and not fit to ride at Swindon". He was certainly fit enough to win an individual in Poland.

I've read your post, links and previous posts on the forum and have come to the conclusion you are right Steve. The pivotal comment is this one by no other than Roscoe himself:-

Bees will complete their regular Elite League programme at Swindon tomorrow, although Rossiter hinted that young Pole Przemyslaw Pawlicki may miss out, having required further treatment after Monday’s meeting in which he came up with two more big race wins.

Rossiter added: “He’s still struggling with that arm, we’ll see how he feels this week but if he’s not right then I might rest him on Thursday.

“The play-offs are the vitally important meetings and I have to make sure everyone is right for them. He’s a kingpin for us at reserve and we must have him fit for Monday.”

Read More http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/coventry-warwickshire-sport/coventry-bees-speedway/coventry-bees-news/2010/09/15/alun-rossiter-in-awe-of-chris-harris-92746-27272454/2/#ixzz12MS8ssxw

Why did Matty waste his time writing all those words?

He could have demonstrated Average fiddling with just one picture - HERE

Didn't Antonio Lindback ride a certain amount of matches on a 4.00 average at the end of a season, but not enough to change his average for the following season ?

Adrian Gomolski ... Kryzystof Kasprzak ... David Ruud ... Robert Kosciechea ...

As for Pawlicki's average next year - 4.00 assessed or 6.18 actual .... if the rule is 12 matches then he should be a 4.00 rider,if it is 8 or more then he should be 6.18 ... simples ! What is the rule ?
I believe it's 12 matches, or if a rider has ridden less than 12 but over 8 then the 8 match average applies if it's higher. Something like that anyway!

Coventry were well within their rights to use a #8 to cover for Pawlicki at Swindon but its amazing that Coventry signed him in May and he missed the first meeting he was in and they had to use Summers in that meeting at Wolves on May 11th.

11 3 May Wolverhampton A ELa L 38 56 ............ Poland (U21)

12 10 May Swindon A ELa W 48 42 2 3 0 2 ... 7

13 14 May Ipswich H ELa W 50 44 ............. Poland

14 20 May Wolverhampton H ELa L 44 46 1 F 1' 3 ... 5 1

15 27 May Ipswich A ELa W 47 45 ............. ?

16 28 May Eastbourne H ELa W 53 40 ............... ?

17 31 May Swindon H ELa W 49 46 FD 2' 2' 3 R ... 7 2

18 25 Jun Ipswich H ELb W 52 44 ........... (U21 QR)

19 28 Jun Swindon H ELb D 45 45 3 R 1 2 3 ... 9

20 30 Jun Poole A ELb L 35 58 2 2 3 2 T1 1 ... 11

21 1 Jul Eastbourne A ELb L 39 56 ..... Poland (S Robson 4-4-1)

22 8 Jul Lakeside H ELb W 51 41 ...... Poland (S Parker 5-6-1)

23 13 Jul Belle Vue A ELa L 41 51 0 3 T4 1' 1 ... 9 1

24 19 Jul Wolverhampton A KO L 43 51 0 0 1 3 ... 4

25 21 Jul Lakeside A ELb L 41 49 2 FD FD 1 ... 3

26 23 Jul Eastbourne H ELb W 58 35 .......... Poland (U19)

27 6 Aug Wolverhampton H ELb W 52 43 .......... Poland (U19)

28 9 Aug Wolverhampton A ELb L 40 50 .......... ? ?

29 12 Aug Ipswich A ELb W 49 41 ............. ? ?

30 20 Aug Peterborough H ELb W 58 34 ........... ? ?

31 30 Aug Belle Vue H ELb W 65 27 1 1 2' 2' ... 6 2

32 3 Sep Peterborough A ELb W 46 44 1' 2' 2 1' 1 3 ... 10 3

33 6 Sep Belle Vue A ELb W 53 37 F 1 1 3 ... 5

34 9 Sep Poole H ELb W 53 42 3 2' 3 2' 0 2 ... 12 2

35 13 Sep Peterborough H PO SF W 52 38 R 1 3 R 3 ... 7

36 16 Sep Swindon A ELb W 46 44 ............. ? ?

37 20 Sep Peterborough A PO SF W 49 44 1' 1 2 1' FD ... 5 2

38 23 Sep Wolverhampton H KO Ab 7 5 .............. ? ?

39 27 Sep Poole H PO F(1) W 51 39 2' 3 3 2 ... 10 1

40 30 Sep Wolverhampton H KO W 48 42 3 0 0 3 2 ... 8

41 4 Oct Poole A PO F(2) W 50 40 3 2 1 3 2' 2 3 ... 16 1

27th and 28th May missed two matches ... July 1st and 8th they had cover for him missing ... Missed three league matches in August

Yes he has had injuries but as he rides in other countries, individuals, championships then its no suprise people are questioning his availability and I know even a few Coventry fans that just didnt know when he was riding or missing.

Not such a surprise.

Joe Haines average from 11 meetings 6.21.

Hope they don't change the rules if Wolves want to use him next year. :D

Totally wrong figures .....

Joe started with a 3.31* average at the start of the season and has averaged 2.58 from his 11 matches with Wolves this year,

However, Joe is in the same situation as Josh Auty is in.

In the Premier League he has averaged 7.49 while Auty has averaged 7.78 .... take the 2.5% deduction and next season as doubling up riders or full time, they will carry 3.65 and 3.79 EL averages.

Looks nice, everybody will be after Larsen though.

oh of course they will Sir J but only one team will get him.................................................. and guess where he's been practicing.icon_smile_approve.gif