British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Beeone

Banks' Olypique 18/10

Quote Steve brum:I agree on Proctor. Did nothing from the back - which is unusual for him.

Fred`s crash looked akward and could have been much worse. He was soon up and flying again. Walked fine afterwards and was flying after that too. Id say no worries

No worries is good!! :wink:

woooo. Escaped a bullet with a graze and the SMCWA can breathe easier again!

Thanks SCB and Brum for the details.

Will wait and see with Woffinden but if he's back home....I hold some hope that I'll get to see him ride for the first time.

Well done Wolves....

Anyone know why Chris Kerr didn't ride? Looks like Ryan Fisher replaced him? Wolves could have a couple of good reserves if Wolbert moves up and either Whethers or Kerr double up! That of course would mean that the younger Lindgren would be in the 1 to 5, is that an option?

Rgds

A

Anyone know why Chris Kerr didn't ride? Looks like Ryan Fisher replaced him? Wolves could have a couple of good reserves if Wolbert moves up and either Whethers or Kerr double up! That of course would mean that the younger Lindgren would be in the 1 to 5, is that an option?

Rgds

A

Ludvig has improved steadily as the season has gone on after initially looking out of his depth. I don't think he will go on to be as good as Freddie, which of course is asking a lot anyway. I would want Ludvig back again but preferably still at reserve. Wolves have lots of options and unfortunately not all riders will be able to be fitted in.

Chris Kerr I believe will be on a 3 point average, so if we need a 3 pointer, there isn't one better for us.

As for Wolbert I have been impressed with his every appearence at Monmore.

the only thing that sometimes does for wolbert is his attitude.sometimes he goes through a speel where he seems to be unprepared when he turns up.no doubting his quality though and im sure when he steps up he will show the rider he is and show the public that he is the real deal. just a shame i wont see him or fisher at armadale next season.im sure if you had kalle katajisto there you would have been impressed with him aswell. it helps when you get a decent track to ride.

As Kevin Wolbert dropped his Polish commitments early, allegedly due to payment problems, he might be looking to compensate for this in 2011 by increasing his UK racing diary by doubling up, rather than relying solely on EL meetings.

I am surprised that it has been suggested that his preparation at times has been suspect. IMO his kit is always well prepared and he employs a Polish mechanic on site for his British meetings. In fact in order to obtain the optimum set up for Armadale, he has had Peter Carr prepare engines specifically for riding on his home track.

Chris Kerr I believe will be on a 3 point average, so if we need a 3 pointer, there isn't one better for us.

Im unclear what the situation is with Chris.

Didnt it say at the start of the year he had to achieve 7 in the PL this season to keep his permit??

Or am i imagining it.

However on a 3 - its a no brainer surely. :approve:

A great way to end the season! Freddie looked far too fast for Monmore. Lol. He turned the bike very hard to try and cut under Nicholls, but turning the bike that hard at 60 mph is not easy! Well done to Hynek for getting the bike down as Freddie and his bike were sprawled across the 2nd bend.

I hope the young Pole is OK, after his spectaular crash.

We've got to get Wolbert in the 1-7 somehow.

Im unclear what the situation is with Chris.

Didnt it say at the start of the year he had to achieve 7 in the PL this season to keep his permit??

Or am i imagining it.

However on a 3 - its a no brainer surely. :approve:

Haven't the rules changed now so that it is a 5 pt average that is required?

Edited by oldswindonsupporter

Steve, did he show any ill effects from that 'awkward' moment?

I will with any luck be watching him in full flight in a month time around Perths own track. :neutral: .

Lindgren confirmed afterwards that there were no ill effects from the crash.

the only thing that sometimes does for wolbert is his attitude.sometimes he goes through a speel where he seems to be unprepared when he turns up.no doubting his quality though and im sure when he steps up he will show the rider he is and show the public that he is the real deal. just a shame i wont see him or fisher at armadale next season.im sure if you had kalle katajisto there you would have been impressed with him aswell. it helps when you get a decent track to ride.

Kevin must be one of the best kitted out riders in the premier league and always spotless. Yes he had a blip mid season at Berwick but look at him since then and even more since he got Peter Carr doing his engines!

What makes you think we wont see Kevin at the Dale next season? His average is sitting nice for doubling up :).

Shame the managment have decided not to make an effort in attracting fans to come and see these newcomers make their debut's etc.
It's no wonder the sport is seen by many as on its knees. This meeting is always one I pencil in but the Wolves management have seen fit to not even bother announcing the full line-up. Thankfully the inclusion of Bomber, Scotty and PK means it's a no-brainer when deciding whether to go or not
Totally agree Heathen.Not the best piece of P/R by the management. B)

Naming Fredrik Lindgren, Chris Harris, Scott Nicholls, Peter Karlsson, Tai Woffinden, Adam Skornicki and Ty Proctor is all that was needed to know really.

There were other riders lined up like David Howe, but Scunthorpe decided to hold a home meeting that night and he had to pull out. Jan Holub was another down to ride but opted out.

If Wolves had named the full line up, there would have been a few changes and to prevent that, the basics were only released ..... but Those named were going to make sure it was a meeting worth watching.

Strange track for lindgren to lift and over lock it, also wolbert getting lift? was the track not its usual top standard?

Justice in the end with Harris well off the pace.

Lindgren on the gaz and heading to .....Perth.....

Track was fine, considering most riders won races from an extra 20 yards back, times were always around the 56 or 57 seconds.

My first Olympique and I really enjoyed it - 22 heats in 2 hours was also very impressive!

Should have been there the week before .... 30 heats starting at 7.30 and finishing at 9.50 with an interval inbetween ;)

Brilliant night again from Freddie apart from his rare fall. He went to take a wide line around Scott, having passed him on the inside the previous lap, but Scott went wider than anticipated and Freddie at full power attempted to switch back, but as he locked he hit some grip and it flung him off.

He thought his chance had gone but when I showed him the heats ahead, he just had to keep wining and hope results went his way ... which they did and yet again beat Bomber to another title. (Weird how Bomber changed into his Bees kevlars after Freddie's fall)

Wolbert was again impressive with him only dropping points to regular Wolves riders in Woffinden, Freddie, Proctor, Skornicki and the legendary PK and beat Bomber and Scotty along the way.

It may be at the cost of a crowd favourite, but Wolbert would certainly fit in well at Wolves with his style and modest average (... if conversion from league to league stays the same)

Haven't the rules changed now so that it is a 5 pt average that is required?

To be honest any rules will be altered and changed at the Conference next month.

But no i dont believe it was 5 unless newcomers have an established average over 6 abroad.

I may or may not be wrong- there are plenty that will put me right on this im sure.

Steve, he was reffereing to Chris Kerr's PL average. American riders can now ride in thePL on 5.00pt averages.

Steve, he was reffereing to Chris Kerr's PL average. American riders can now ride in thePL on 5.00pt averages.

aaah, thanks. :wink:

A great way to end the season! Freddie looked far too fast for Monmore. Lol. He turned the bike very hard to try and cut under Nicholls, but turning the bike that hard at 60 mph is not easy! Well done to Hynek for getting the bike down as Freddie and his bike were sprawled across the 2nd bend.

Fred's Heat 10 crash now on the Wolves website here

Edited by ballinger

Thanks for that Pete

No chance of seeing one with Wolbert in, just so we can get a real glimse of how good he is?

:wink: