British Speedway Forum
BuxtonTiger

Buxton V Newport 31/10 - Sunday Start Time

Farcical way to end the season. :(

But well done to the lads for scoring the points on track. Can't blame them for the situation. :)

Buxton seem to be what the NL is all about,a good team with a well run club and they have done what I thought the NL is all about.They have brought through riders like James Wright who has gone on to race at the highest level and others that are good PL riders.

Its nice sometimes to see a club like Buxton get some success and they have had that this season.Instead of some complaining they should look at Buxton and learn.

Before you start,yes I am from Newport.

Surely as it was to end up a one-off final,it should have been moved to a neutral track at short notice.

Time the promoters stepped back from running speedway and got independents in as it`s fast becoming a joke.

Before you start,yes I am from Newport.

Surely as it was to end up a one-off final,it should have been moved to a neutral track at short notice.

Time the promoters stepped back from running speedway and got independents in as it`s fast becoming a joke.

I wouldnt disagree with you and I posted something similar earlier but please dont take anything away from Buxton,they won the play-offs fair and square.

Now is there anyone, anyone at all (you for example, Proud Potter!!) who still wants to argue in favour of the play-off 'system' (sic) in the NL...?

As in all Leagues the Play-Off system is useful in maintaining interest to the end of the season. If used correctly they can also bring exciting speedway, better crowds and much needed revenue.

The Play off system in itself is not responsible for what you are complaining about.

You are hanging the blame on Play Offs because you dont like them.

The problems experienced at the end of this season are due to other reasons. These have also led to the late running of the NLRC and the ultimate abadonment of the Four Taem Championship. The problems with those events have nothing to do with play offs. There have been a lot of other problems and difficulties which I am not going to specify. But the reasons for the problems are the same and are not Play Off related.

QED

Malcolm Vasey

Congratulations to everyone concerned at Buxton.

Especially to Jayne and the Moss Family.

Deserved Champions.

GET IN!!!!!!!!!

Say what you want, if Friday had been on and today rained off then the result from Friday would have stood. Buxton have visited Newport twice this year and won both times. Give Newport a highly unlikely 20 point home win and they'd still have lost. As it happens, I have it on good account that there was no rain at Newport on Friday, but they could only get 4 riders together so thought it was better coming today at 0-0 rather than being X amount of points down.

A big well done to all at Buxton. This season has been absolutely fantastic and one of the best teams I have ever seen (including team spirit, togetherness in the pits, etc as well as on track performance).

It's a shame that we've seen the last of Cookie, it just won't be the same without him next year :(

GET IN!!!!!!!!!

Say what you want, if Friday had been on and today rained off then the result from Friday would have stood. Buxton have visited Newport twice this year and won both times. Give Newport a highly unlikely 20 point home win and they'd still have lost. As it happens, I have it on good account that there was no rain at Newport on Friday, but they could only get 4 riders together so thought it was better coming today at 0-0 rather than being X amount of points down.

A big well done to all at Buxton. This season has been absolutely fantastic and one of the best teams I have ever seen (including team spirit, togetherness in the pits, etc as well as on track performance).

It's a shame that we've seen the last of Cookie, it just won't be the same without him next year :(

Nope I don`t agree,if Friday ran and today was rained off,Friday should have been declared null and void.It should be a level playing field for both teams.

Nope I don`t agree,if Friday ran and today was rained off,Friday should have been declared null and void.It should be a level playing field for both teams.

It doesn't matter if you, or me, or George or Fred agree, it was the same for the KO Cup final and the Playoffs. It's happened. Buxton have won everything. Get over it. End of.

It doesn't matter if you, or me, or George or Fred agree, it was the same for the KO Cup final and the Playoffs. It's happened. Buxton have won everything. Get over it. End of.

Couldnt have put it better myself,Buxton have won the play-offs,end of.

No quibbles,no arguements,no excuses.

As it happens, I have it on good account that there was no rain at Newport on Friday

Regardless of how many riders we did, or didn't, have there was rain in Newport on Friday.

A hollow victory for Buxton, but it isn't their fault.

A hollow victory for Buxton, but it isn't their fault.

But a win nonetheless. :D

Well done Buxton. :approve:

Edited by screm

Oh, for goodness sake, yes it wasn't an entirely satisfactory end to the season, but show a bit of grace and congratulate Buxton.

All the best

Rob

Just got home from the meeting today. Excellent meeting, races run pretty quick(for obvious reasons) good close racing, a bit more dirt on the track than last week, and a good crowd there to see Buxton be crowned champions.

So congratulations Buxton on a well earned victory. :approve:

As in all Leagues the Play-Off system is useful in maintaining interest to the end of the season.

BTW, though you constantly refuse to accept this, the PL (a much bigger league than the NL) does NOT decide its League Champions by means of a play off.... :neutral: