British Speedway Forum
BuxtonTiger

Buxton V Newport 31/10 - Sunday Start Time

Me and my dad were talking about this. They have Winter meetings at Newport, Scunthorpe, etc but can't run a meeting at Newport after 31st October.

It would have been amazing to beat Newport 6 times in 6 meetings...

The BSPA only allow 'x' number of winter meetings. Can't remember the exact rule and not got time to look for it just at the moment. smile.gif

Pretty sure you're only allowed one meeting a month in the winter. So depends if there is a November one somewhere or not....

Why speedway in GB is aware of November? Why there was no possiblity to held 2nd final match in this month?

Good idea Vicar. The only problem is that if they knew they could do that we would still be waiting for some matches to be completed after Xmas. :D

With a 12 team league all league fixtures should be scheduled before the end of August with rain offs also being pencilled in before then whenever possible. That would leave early September for the genuine difficult to rearrange and late rain offs and the 6 week period from mid September for the six matches it takes for the play offs. Similarly the Cup Semis should be held in August with no excuses (that does after all leave 4 months+ for each team to run a maximun of two rounds before) with the Final in September.

Easy to say but no chance Speedway could get itself that organised. For years we have had fill in meetings early on and an almighty scramble to fit everything in at the end. Foresight and forward thinking are not exactly Speedway's strong points.

A pity that such a great season of NL racing should degenerate into such an embarassing ending. That should not detract one iota from Buxton's achievements this year though.

Pretty sure you're only allowed one meeting a month in the winter. So depends if there is a November one somewhere or not....

No outdoor meeting is allowed in November.

7.5.2 Out of Season Permits are available as follows;

7.5.2.1 Outdoors (each Track may stage 1 Meeting in either December or January)

7.5.2.2 Indoors (1 Meeting only in both November & February).

The rules are there to be broken or ignored (take your pick) as per the National Trophy which is clearly stated as being a 2 legged final between the top 2 teams but was awarded to Buxton

It is obvious that the co-ordinator makes rules changes at a whim but forgets to copy the fag packet they are written on so he can pass to all concerned.

Surely it would have been more credible to have a meeting at Newport this week and have a proper 2 legged afair than have only 1 leg at Buxton but stick to the cut-off date.

Would anyone anywhere have any issue with a 1 off meeting in November? Other than any Aussie going home, I guess :/

Surely it would have been more credible to have a meeting at Newport this week and have a proper 2 legged afair than have only 1 leg at Buxton but stick to the cut-off date.

Would anyone anywhere have any issue with a 1 off meeting in November? Other than any Aussie going home, I guess :/

I totally agree Shawn.The one thing I`m struggling to get my head around still,is the fact that this was the Hornets` biggest weekend of the season and we should be at full strength for the fans.The NLRC and the final,yet our No,1 has his bikes packed up.

Only in Speedwai I suppose. :blink:

I totally agree Shawn.The one thing I`m struggling to get my head around still,is the fact that this was the Hornets` biggest weekend of the season and we should be at full strength for the fans.The NLRC and the final,yet our No,1 has his bikes packed up.

Only in Speedwai I suppose. :blink:

not only that, but one of our greastest prospects Mark Jones went Home Months Earlier WHY

kyle would of as he flew out on the 2nd nov and i think rob branford did as well.

Edited by future

not only that, but one of our greastest prospects Mark Jones went Home Months Earlier WHY

Because his 6 month visa ran out

Because his 6 month visa ran out

Or before he was deported by UKBA due to his six month visa not allowing him to ride league speedway either as an amateur or professional a fact that the BSPA knew about and should have stopped him riding in the first place and which Newport should have know about being his employer and so liable to any fines imposed by the UKBA. I wonder why Newport have said they are not allowed to use Aussies in next years NL?

Or before he was deported by UKBA due to his six month visa not allowing him to ride league speedway either as an amateur or professional a fact that the BSPA knew about and should have stopped him riding in the first place and which Newport should have know about being his employer and so liable to any fines imposed by the UKBA.

If Mark Jones was not allowed to ride it would have been picked up straight away by the other promoters. Just like every other time an illegal rider has been used.

I wonder why Newport have said they are not allowed to use Aussies in next years NL?

I know why, but I'd be interested to hear your theory.

Or before he was deported by UKBA due to his six month visa not allowing him to ride league speedway either as an amateur or professional a fact that the BSPA knew about and should have stopped him riding in the first place and which Newport should have know about being his employer and so liable to any fines imposed by the UKBA. I wonder why Newport have said they are not allowed to use Aussies in next years NL?

I take it you have a source for this? I'd hate to think you were making these potentially libelous statements with any proof.

No outdoor meeting is allowed in November.

7.5.2 Out of Season Permits are available as follows;

7.5.2.1 Outdoors (each Track may stage 1 Meeting in either December or January)

7.5.2.2 Indoors (1 Meeting only in both November & February).

That doesn't quite fit with the Brighton Bonanza, which used to be staged indoors during December. And if the restaging had to be indoors, Newport could have borrowed the Millennium Stadium for their leg. ;)

All the best

Rob

I expect Main Man to come on and tell us what really happened..........maybe not.

Jonesy was legal to ride for us and thats that, its just some silly little knobends who know about as much about speedway as they do about where Lord Lucan fleed to trying to cause a stir :rolleyes:

Edited by Wanna