British Speedway Forum
speedy bill

Henning Loof

I'd rather see Arlo Bugeja be allowed to ride in the National League. Aussies are (technically) British, but only certain ones can ride NL. Arlo is a 100% trier but cannot ride lower than the Premier League but, with all due respect, he isn't in that class. A year or 2 would allow him to gain confidence while passing on his experience to up-coming Brits (who would be his team-mates) while gaining experience himself.

Cue the anti Aussies!

So you didnt go yet your wrote this stupid column... if it was a question wheres the question mark? ayee

someone got out the wrong side of bed

its not a football forum m8, its a speedway one we try and stay civil to each other here. i mite not agree with a lot of the stuff bwdouble posts but he has every right to do it and at least he is doing it civilly.

seems a shame ppl have taken his tongue in cheek comment as something more than that.

And if u want to be picky this is a topic not a column :wink:

haah narr its cool, i just think its stupid to write a 'topic' on someone who obviously didnt get married just to enter the NL!

and i dont understand the need to tell everyone he was at Buxton? Its a free country people can do what they like whenever they like.. *SEEN at Buxton today* hes not a criminal..:D just sayin

Well I think jasper wasp summed it up.

here's an update.

i was going for citizenship under the 3 year rule as I married my British Girlfriend on my birthday, october last year. up to that point had been in this country permanently for over 3.5 years.

but, here it comes, UKBA rejected my application. The reason given. I am an EU Citizen and enjoy the same rights and benefits as any other British Citizen (and I can confirm that being a British Taxpayer and NHS user). Shall I wish to become (unnecessesarily, i may add) a British Citizen, the Period for EU Citizens is 5 years, whether I am married or not).

I forwarded my case to the BSPA in time for the AGM (that included my application form, which gives enough evidence for my residency and also a "Life in The UK" Test Certificate).

I was informed I am not allowed in the National League, because it will be only Passport holders and riders with ancestry and in order to allow EU Riders, they would have to make the league "Professional" and that would rise the running costs to the level of EL/PL, which no promoter was prepared to accept.

I just wonder why I can ride in any Amateur Meeting in any Class all over the UK, but for the National League I'm a professional. I'm an ACU Licence holder and have been since I came over in 2007, so I'm not even under the umbrella of the German Federation anymore.

Nb. The ACU made me "British" in the Nationality section on my annual licence renewal.

Shame really. To say I'm well and truly gutted is an understatement.

Thanks,

Henning

Edit: Also I would like to add regarding citizenship. If I was from any other country outside the EU I would be a British Citizen now.

Edited by herman

Really feel for you Henning, the rules are mad and are putting many people off the sport.

Really feel for you Henning, the rules are mad and are putting many people off the sport.

Agreed, Gutted for you Henning, Ive seen you ride a couple of times over here & have always found you entertaining & a 100% trier

What a stupid system we have in place :mad:

Only in the UK, would we have such an illogical inconsistent system, and uphold it so bureaucratically.

Also I would like to add regarding citizenship. If I was from any other country outside the EU I would be a British Citizen now.

Henning, that statement is not correct, at least i dont think it is, if someone is from any country outside the EU, they have to have 5 years residency here, do the life in the UK as you did, and even then it is not guaranteed, my GF is from asia, and she does not qualify for permanent stay status, until 5 years residency, anyways good luck, and i dont really see how the BSPA can keep you out of the NL if you really want to ride, were you of another particular sectarian decent, then they would be having a field day over this non EU ruling, good luck pal.

Henning, that statement is not correct, at least i dont think it is, if someone is from any country outside the EU, they have to have 5 years residency here, do the life in the UK as you did, and even then it is not guaranteed, my GF is from asia, and she does not qualify for permanent stay status, until 5 years residency, anyways good luck, and i dont really see how the BSPA can keep you out of the NL if you really want to ride, were you of another particular sectarian decent, then they would be having a field day over this non EU ruling, good luck pal.

Well it must be correct, as the Nationality Checking Service confirmed it with the UKBA. They wanted to know who this 3-year-rule (with marriage) applies to. Non-EU members gain permanent residency when married to a British Citizen, and if they've been over here for a minimum of 3 years they can go for Citizenship. When I did my "Life in the UK" test, there were about 80% non-EU people there that wanted to do the same thing.

and for the record. the BSPA CAN keep me out of the National League because they make the rules. and if it says "British Passport or Riders with ancestry, no matter where they're flying in from and how much sponsorship, bikes, vans and places to stay they need" then they obviously can ride in the NL... I can't see a "EU Riders that have settled in the UK for nearly 4 years, are married to a British Citizen, are British Taxpayers and are ready to go because they have got their own Equipment in their own Workshop" rule being introduced.

Henning

Edited by herman

Seems bloody nonsense Henning! I wonder why sport has an opt out on the open ability to work throughout the EU rules that every other industry has to comply with?

Henning,like simon, i am as surprised that Sport can op out of the right to work rules for EU citizens that all other industry has to comply with, because not only is it a Sport, it is an industry where people can and do make a living out of.

Henning,like simon, i am as surprised that Sport can op out of the right to work rules for EU citizens that all other industry has to comply with, because not only is it a Sport, it is an industry where people can and do make a living out of.

Makes you wonder what the result would be if any rider took the NL to court stating their rules were breaking the EU regulations?

Makes you wonder what the result would be if any rider took the NL to court stating their rules were breaking the EU regulations?

Well aren't the football authorities currently working with the EU to bring in restrictions?As it is,i don't think anyone wants the whole thing blown open for all and sundry.As a development league i think there should be certain limits even though i call for foreign riders to be allowed in

Well aren't the football authorities currently working with the EU to bring in restrictions?As it is,i don't think anyone wants the whole thing blown open for all and sundry.As a development league i think there should be certain limits even though i call for foreign riders to be allowed in

My opinion has always tended towards the free for all approach although I fully understand the desire to develop young British riders. I think the football authorities must have done some sort of deal although I think that was linked to where the player has been developed rather than his nationality?