British Speedway Forum
boston five

Future Of The National League

Will, how come the NL AGM isn't the same day as the EL & PL AGM ?

Sorry but I don't know why it isn't.

Edited by willp

LFC1892, on 04 November 2010 - 03:22 PM, said:

Because Len Silver, Buster Chapman and all the others who have teams in the Prem and National league cant be at two meetings at once!

LFC1892, on 04 November 2010 - 03:22 PM, said:

Because Len Silver, Buster Chapman and all the others who have teams in the Prem and National league cant be at two meetings at once!

Could be repreented by John Sampford and Johnathan Chapman

JC isn't a promoter/chairperson anymore.

Thank you for clearing that up

Presumably because the tracks that run teams in more than one league, need to know what's happening at BEL/BPL level before committing to the NL. In particular how many fixtures they're expected to stage, what riders are likely to available, and what the costs of running are going to be.

Presumably because the tracks that run teams in more than one league, need to know what's happening at BEL/BPL level before committing to the NL. In particular how many fixtures they're expected to stage, what riders are likely to available, and what the costs of running are going to be.

There is usually a meeting of NL, and potential NL Chairman, in January hosted by I think Peter Morrish. The fixtures for the EL and PL are in an advance stage and the resulting fixtures for the NL are slotted in accordingly. :)

There is usually a meeting of NL, and potential NL Chairman, in January hosted by I think Peter Morrish. The fixtures for the EL and PL are in an advance stage and the resulting fixtures for the NL are slotted in accordingly. :)

Perhaps it might be suggested to the BSPA that fixtures can actually be 'slotted in' on dates other than October 31st? On reflection, I think that this may well be a waste of time. I leave it to the BSPA to what they do best.

Is it true that Mickey Mouse has a BSPA watch?

There is usually a meeting of NL, and potential NL Chairman, in January hosted by I think Peter Morrish .The fixtures for the EL and PL are in an advance stage and the resulting fixtures for the NL are slotted in accordingly. :)

Well there my friend is where one of the major problems lie.

Edited by sugarray

On Radio WMs' speedway forum last night Nigel Pearson revealed that Bournemouth will not run next season but that Mildenhall are expected to return.

Well there my friend is where one of the major problems lie.

Spot on.

Why can't the NL one be incorporated onto the EL and PL one and have a errr big one altogether. If there any issues regarding fixtures, riders doubling up/down, clubs going up or down a league etc etc they could all be discussed at the same time and resolved rather than the NL being treated like an after thought.

Jules

From the Weymouth Site.

WANTAWAY promoter Phil Bartlett has confirmed that the National League “will survive” and could be stronger than ever in 2011. The Weymouth Weyline Wildcats’ outgoing chairman, who recently put the club up for sale for £1, received the assurances at a BSPA meeting earlier this week. It is understood the amount of teams in the league could even be increased – contrary to recent rumours that several clubs were considering pulling out.

Bartlett refused to disclose any private information from the meeting but did offer a positive outlook for the future of grassroots speedway in this country. He told Echosport: “The National League will survive and it will be strong and healthy next season. As for the sale of the club, there have been no further developments although I am still in talks with an interested party but cannot say any more than that.”

Hopefuly good news for all the young English speedway riders. :rolleyes:

From the Weymouth Site.

WANTAWAY promoter Phil Bartlett has confirmed that the National League “will survive” and could be stronger than ever in 2011. The Weymouth Weyline Wildcats’ outgoing chairman, who recently put the club up for sale for £1, received the assurances at a BSPA meeting earlier this week. It is understood the amount of teams in the league could even be increased – contrary to recent rumours that several clubs were considering pulling out.

Hopefuly good news for all the young English speedway riders. :rolleyes:

I think this might just be true :approve:

I think its clear that Bournemouth will pull out, but Mildenhall, Weymouth & Bristol look more positive than before and I got told at Plymouth that Bodmin have found a new site.

In addition, I have also heard a rumour that the success of Dudley might prompt others to go the same way.

Fingers crossed. :)