British Speedway Forum

To my mind Lower you build a less competitve team, higher you build a better competitve team, and to my mind you have the chance this year to do that. At a guess, i expect i know which one Scott would prefere! I mean, you've not exactly set the world alight in the past few years.

Well my reasoning is that if its higher, then another team could possibly be able to fit him in along side their No 1 whereas if it's lower then all teams can only fit 1 No 1 rider in :wink:

Well my reasoning is that if its higher, then another team could possibly be able to fit him in along side their No 1 whereas if it's lower then all teams can only fit 1 No 1 rider in :wink:

Im sure that Scott would prefere a more competitve side, he's obviously settled in the Ipswich area, and posibly given the choice he would like to ride at his local track. But i seem from what ive read he would prefere a competitve side, and i believe he needs back up. I don't supose its much fun turning up and scoring the teams majority of points week in week out, and having the responsabillity humped on him all the time, expecterd to win races, and the fans looking at their programmes and saying, oh Scott is out here phew he'l stop the rot. IMO i would keep him and Danny King, and get shot of the rest.You should also try and sign Sundstrom, before somebody else does!!

Im sure that Scott would prefere a more competitve side, he's obviously settled in the Ipswich area, and posibly given the choice he would like to ride at his local track. But i seem from what ive read he would prefere a competitve side, and i believe he needs back up. I don't supose its much fun turning up and scoring the teams majority of points week in week out, and having the responsabillity humped on him all the time, expecterd to win races, and the fans looking at their programmes and saying, oh Scott is out here phew he'l stop the rot. IMO i would keep him and Danny King, and get shot of the rest.You should also try and sign Sundstrom, before somebody else does!!

Well obviously that goes without saying, Scott and us fans too, but I was responding to your higher and lower statement!! :wink::P

We should try and retain Scott, Danny, Dawid and possibly Ales (if we can't get Sundstrom) - why the last two? Well at reserve they are very good, they won't pull up many tree's in the main body of the team or hold down a regular second string spot - but with either one in the reserves I think we could do well.

So with those four, add in Schlein/Batchelor, Barker/Swiderski and Katajisto and you have a half decent side in my opinion

I assume you posted that in a hurry, judging by the number of spelling and grammar mistakes above !

I would hate to see Ipswich resort to PL, but all clubs need to 'cut their cloth accordingly' to survive - especially in these hard times.

My understanding is that SKY will support an eight team EL, but nothing below that...

I hope personal ambitions (yes you, Matt Ford) can be put aside in the best interests of what remains of the sport...and here's too a relatively prosperous 2011..

I'd sooner bring Andersen back than have Nicholls and he'd probably be cheaper too!!

:o:shock: , you mean Scott is not the cheapest No 1 rider in the EL....now come on CS you KNOW that the Louis' only have the cheapest!!!!! :rolleyes::wink:

:o:shock: , you mean Scott is not the cheapest No 1 rider in the EL....now come on CS you KNOW that the Louis' only have the cheapest!!!!! :rolleyes::wink:

Hampel was very cheap also Badge ! :wink:

If he was before then I doubt he is now that he's No.2 in the world!

Wish he'd ride in the UK so we could get loan fees for him (and Gollob!)

To my mind Lower you build a less competitve team, higher you build a better competitve team, and to my mind you have the chance this year to do that. At a guess, i expect i know which one Scott would prefere! I mean, you've not exactly set the world alight in the past few years.

Forget your a Poole fan for a minute.

The limit is 45. There are 9 teams in the EL.

There are 11 riders with an average of 8.00 or above.

For example, this is a team that could be put out.

1. Freddie Lindgren 9.87

2. Jason Doyle 5.24

3. Gregorz Zengota 5.65

4. Jonas Davidsson 6.51

5. Chris Harris 8.06

6. Linus Sunstrom 4.77

7. Kenni Larsen 4.84

Now if four teams used up eight of those eleven 8.00 pt riders, there will be just THREE left for the other 5 teams. Which means, that at least two teams start the season without a rider above 8.00. Why bother running?

Hence why a lower limit is the only way Ipswich will keep Scott Nicholls. Bringing in, Linus Sundstrom and a 2nd heatleader like Shields or Watt to back up Nicholls would be impossible because other teams would be able to fit them in and could offer more than Ipswich.

Now, if the limit went up to 45, but teams were faced with the rule that they could only sign ONE of these 8.00 or above, Ipswich may have a chance of remaining in the EL and retaining Nicholls. Personally, 42 is the only sensible limit in the current climate. If the limit is 45, I can see half the league with a team well under, maybe not even close to 41.00.

Edited by superguest

Forget your a Poole fan for a minute.

The limit is 45. There are 9 teams in the EL.

There are 11 riders with an average of 8.00 or above.

1. Freddie Lindgren 9.87

2. Jason Doyle 5.24

3. Gregorz Zengota 5.65

4. Jonas Davidsson 6.51

5. Chris Harris 8.06

6. Linus Sunstrom 4.77

7. Kenni Larsen 4.84

Now if four teams used up eight of those eleven 8.00 pt riders, there will be just THREE left for the other 5 teams. Which means, that at least two teams start the season without a rider above 8.00. Why bother running?

Hence why a lower limit is the only way Ipswich will keep Scott Nicholls. They don't have the money to go out and sign Linus Sundstrom and bring in a 2nd heatleader like Shields or Watt to back up Nicholls.

Now, if the limit went up to 45, but teams were faced with the rule that they could only sign ONE of these 8.00 or above, Ipswich may have a chance of remaining in the EL and retaining Nicholls.

Obviously most fans apart from Poole ones that is, understand lol!!!

Well obviously, that goes without saying!!! lol

If he was before then I doubt he is now that he's No.2 in the world!

Wish he'd ride in the UK so we could get loan fees for him (and Gollob!)

Sarcasm Jules!!!! you know :wink:

Edited by Badge

The limit is 45. There are 9 teams in the EL. There are 11 riders with an average of 8.00 or above.

1. Freddie Lindgren 9.87

2. Jason Doyle 5.24

3. Gregorz Zengota 5.65

4. Jonas Davidsson 6.51

5. Chris Harris 8.06

6. Linus Sunstrom 4.77

7. Kenni Larsen 4.84

Why be so conservative, you could have:

Harris

Shields

Watt

Bjarne

Zagar

Sedgmen

Kerr

Mike Bacon's twitter earlier today:

Witches fans. Have just spoken to Chris Louis. The latest news from Foxhall in the Star tomorrow . . . . is it EL or PL?