British Speedway Forum

i think thats the problem, how do you value a clubs assets?

i understand you rent the stadium, like the bees now, so the club itself is just a name and a list of assets.pretty much the only assets you have are the riders registrations and the operating license.

your assets well gollob wont count for anything because he wont ride hear?

when you take that view and the fact that the club lost £70 000, whats a good value for the club?

the club is making a loss so it doesn't have a value at all, sure this is the case for most clubs, bit to buy a club you need a penny and a big bank account

Are you saying that Coventry rent their Stadium, surely Sandhu owns it? :blink:

Are you saying that Coventry rent their Stadium, surely Sandhu owns it? :blink:

We don't own ours, my guess is you rent it off the Counsil.

Lol and there it is again....the Scott Nicholls money :rolleyes: i) what has it got to do with us where it went??? ii) we don't see KL fans asking Buster where the Darcy Ward money went do we??? even though he's had to put Doolan on the transfer list for being too expensive iii) did you not see the list of riders payments on another thread by wizzer??? how far do you think £36,000 would go when your riders are getting between £175 - £85 per point???? and 6/7 are guaranteed £250-£300 per meeting

Your proof??? regarding take overs??, mind you perhaps the Louis'weren't ready to sell, or perhaps the people weren't right for the club

As for sponsors....I've no idea

The Louis were quite clear that The Nicholls money would be spent on buying another rider... Buster has never said how he would spend the money .

We don't own ours, my guess is you rent it off the Counsil.

No, Sandhu OWNS Coventry Stadium. :rolleyes:

Odds on what Speedway will be at Foxhall next season

Elite League.................1/3

No Speedway...................3/1

Premier League................6/1

National League...............50/1

No, Sandhu OWNS Coventry Stadium. :rolleyes:

And your sure of that are you???

Odds on what Speedway will be at Foxhall next season

Elite League.................1/3

No Speedway...................3/1

Premier League................6/1

National League...............50/1

Who's prices?

The point i was making was it took many years to admit the Nicholls money had been used, so how long would it take for it to come out what has happened with the "various" offers this time? 4 or 5 years later when there possibly would be no speedway at Foxhall.

If the current promotion do not want to make their dealings public, then why should i give proof? :o

Once again, it is just another merry dance and the fans are being fed the usual 'smokescreen' to try and detract away from the real issues at stake.

I appreciate what the Louis' have done for Ipswich in the past seasons and I know it is a tough climate to be operating a speedway team in, whatever level a team races at..... but right now, all the Louis' are doing is losing their credibility with the faithful. It really would be gutting to see Ipswich not racing at all, and I have to be honest, I really do doubt that will happen. I'd even take us racing at National League level if it meant ensuring the club's survival and at least, we could then use local youngsters like Joe Jacobs and Olly Rayson. And the club do what it used to be good at, unearthing the next generation of young British starlets.

Yes he bought from the Ochiltree's

Edited by kingbee

Yes!

Edited by Jacques

The point i was making was it took many years to admit the Nicholls money had been used, so how long would it take for it to come out what has happened with the "various" offers this time? 4 or 5 years later when there possibly would be no speedway at Foxhall.

If the current promotion do not want to make their dealings public, then why should i give proof? :o

Why should they make their dealings public? We may be fans but I'm not sure it gives us any entitlement to know what goes on behind the scenes, unless they choose to tell us. As for the Scott Nicholls money, well, it was theirs to spend as they wished - just because they originally announced it would be spent on another rider, it didn't mean they had to.

Yes!

But you had to wait for King Bee to put it up before you did!!! So you wern't really sure, was you!

Not much to get excited about, not exactly good news:

This is in the East Anglian Daily Times:

WITCHES DEAL FALLS THROUGH

Ipswich Witches director Chris Louis has admitted an 11th hour deal to bring Elite League speedway to Foxhall stadium in 2011 has fallen through.

And although it doesn't mean there won't be EL racing at the Suffolk circuit next year, the breakdown is a massive blow to the club, who were gearing up to announce the perceived good news to their fans this week.

And with the British Speedway Promoters' Association AGM taking place in Bournemouth, starting Thursday, Louis is travelling to the south coast knowing the future of the club is very much up in the air.

"We thought we had secured a deal with interested parties to secure Elite League racing at Foxhall, but it fell through yesterday" Louis admitted.

"It's a big blow, I can't pretend it isn't. But we are not the only Elite League club in this position.

So we go to the AGM on Thursday to find out our future. It could be either league, Elite or Premier. I don't want to think it could be no league at all."

If these local people are out Then it really does leave a lot of talking at the BSPA meeting ,if their application to join the PL has been rejected along with the other applicant then it looks like only 1 club can get their way as the EL have to keep at least 1 in their league to make the SKY deal work of course,maybe something can emerge to keep both in.The PL are quite happy as they are though and I wouldn't think they'd want to entertain too many ex EL riders wage demands.It will be interesting to hear the outcome at the weekend

I believe an ideal situation would be as Prawn and Jules myself and indeed many others probably seem to agree on in someone taking it over from the Louis,I have argued on the forum many times that the Louis are no longer good for Ipswich,the fans and many people who volunteer their time to help the club deserve more.

I also still stand by my stance on the Briggo fiasco,to me it was "a nail in the coffin" as it rubbed a lot of people up the wrong way,I do know for a fact that from then,3 successful businesses who previously sponsored meetings year after year said they wouldn't be doing so again so it looks like in their hour of need the Louis may well have found more bridges burned

Well without proof, anyone could say anything they like now couldn't they?? All you are achieving is fanning the flames of the discontents by saying that various offers have been rejected.

Orion I suspect at the time that Scott was sold, that was the intention to keep the money to invest in another rider, but things obviously changed and it had to be used in the day to day runnings instead,and what is wrong with that?? :unsure:

Starman, why were we over stretched in 1998? We had 3 promoters in those days.

I find it upsetting to think that twice CL has gone to press(when they are notorious for not saying a lot), saying there will be an important announcement, and twice he has had to cancel the "good news". We have to wonder why the late withdrawal of agreement, I just hope that the prospective purchaser/s didn't come on line and then change their minds :rolleyes:

But you had to wait for King Bee to put it up before you did!!! So you wern't really sure, was you!

Err, if you say so :lol: