British Speedway Forum
steve19620

Hi there

As part of my research into the 1971 season i am looking for clarification regarding the following meetings.

The heat results don't tally with the points scorers published in the Speedway Star.

I would be grateful if anybody can clarify the following queries I have:

6/7 West Ham V Wembley (BL1): Dave Jessup finishes ahead of Tony Clarke in Ht 3 or 7 ?

6/8 Wolverhampton V Poole (BL1): Dave Baugh replaced Jon Erksine in Ht 3 or 9 ?

6/10 Poole V Reading (Ch): Richard May is 2nd in Ht 2 or 12 ?

11/9 Kings Lynn V Wolverhampton (BL1): Bob Humphreys finishes ahead of Malcolm Simmons in Ht 3 or 5 ?

Hope you can help.

Thanks for reading

Edited by steve19620

Hi there

As part of my research into the 1971 season i am looking for clarification regarding the following meetings.

The heat results don't tally with the points scorers published in the Speedway Star.

I would be grateful if anybody can clarify the following queries I have:

6/7 West Ham V Wembley (BL1): Dave Jessup finishes ahead of Tony Clarke in Ht 3 or 7 ?

6/8 Wolverhampton V Poole (BL1): Dave Baugh replaced Jon Erksine in Ht 3 or 9 ?

6/10 Poole V Reading (Ch): Richard May is 2nd in Ht 2 or 12 ?

11/9 Kings Lynn V Wolverhampton (BL1): Bob Humphreys finishes ahead of Malcolm Simmons in Ht 3 or 5 ?

Hope you can help.

Thanks for reading

6/7 West Ham v Wembley: Dave Jessup finished ahead of Tony Clarke in Ht 3. Tony Clarke finished ahead of Dave Jessup in heat 7.

6/7 West Ham v Wembley: Dave Jessup finished ahead of Tony Clarke in Ht 3. Tony Clarke finished ahead of Dave Jessup in heat 7.

a rare sunny tuesday evening at custom house that i remember well. the wembley team contained jessup, harrfeldt, clarke and leonard all ex west ham riders. it was no suprise that it was an easy away win for the lions. :(

6.10.71 Poole v Reading

I have a completed programme which shows the following:

There were 3 reserve substitutions:

Ht3: Nigel Boocock fell bringing down Dag Lovaas who was unable to make the rerun. Curtis replaced him coming second

Ht 12 Curtis replaced Mudge coming second

Ht 13 May replaced Leigh coming last.

Result of ht 2: Cake, Curtis, May, Cook.

Racers scorechart: Michanek 11(4), Curtis 11+1(5), Lovaas 6(3), Bell 5+1(4), May 2+2(4), Mudge 2+1(3), Leigh 1+1(3)

Dave Baugh replaced Jon Erskine in the re-run of Heat 9 of the Wolverhampton v Poole meeting. (I was at the meeting).

Many thanks to everybody who has helped.

Any takers for the Kings Lynn details ?

Cheers !