British Speedway Forum
heathen79

Nl Agm Cancelled?

If it was merely the fixture list I'd agree with you but it isn't.

There are at least three stand-alone clubs awaiting on the NL conference to determine if they are going to run next year. With all due respect to Peterborough & Coventry any concerns they have, they've basically brought upon themselves (walking out over assessed averages is frankly ridiculous and shows a complete lack of connection with reality..); and the ONLY link I can possibly see with their two situations and the NL is that maybe(and a VERY slight possibility this is, IMHO...) one or, even less likely, both of these tracks (Cov and P'boro that is..) might decide to enter the NL.

Well frankly IF they do, then I'm 100% certain that no-one will have any problem with them doing so later on..

So I'll say it again, people can go on about the EL situation and problems as much as they like but I cannot see ONE reason why this is holding up the NL meeting.

What I do also know is that if the NL meeting were to keep getting put back (and we've yet actually to have it confirmed that is btw..!) then there would be a very high danger of losing three tracks which intend or hope to compete in the 2011 season in the NL...

Agree, although i can understand jims point regarding cov & pboro & the future of the sport

But the NL has its own agm for a reason, it shouldnt just be getting put back (if it has been) because of the mess created by others.

There is NO reason that the NL agm cannot be held on January 10th or the original date for that matter. Hold the AGM formulate the rules and regs for season 2011, accept any potential new clubs,and certain other Teams can give an indication they may well apply dependant on other decisions higher up in the League structure then an EGM can be held at a later date probably early February, if there are NO more potential Other Teams then the EGM can simply be cancelled.

Whilst there are problems elsewhere in Higher Leagues it is simply not fair to Clubs,Riders,Spectators and potential Sponsors to be held in a state of limbo purely because of indecision/uncertainty elsewhere, how must sponsors and Potential new teams view this INDECISION it does not come across well to ANYONE looking to become involved in the Sport for the 1st time, let alone other die hards who have been involved in the Sport for many years.

I notice some Decisions have been made to allocate certain fixtures to Stoke already, so its not as if other things cannot be decided.

Looks like the war is over and the two sides are just taking time writng a statement that looks like neither loses face. On monday the national League can declare it's independence from speedway . That should please the posters who don't think the 3rd tier has any need to be influenced by the decisions made affecting the EL and PL . this year you can hold your Agm on 1st nov ,draw up all the rules and regs for 2012 and then keep holding EGMs every week until you know what riders and teams will be taking part in the 2012 national league.

Looks like the war is over and the two sides are just taking time writng a statement that looks like neither loses face. On monday the national League can declare it's independence from speedway . That should please the posters who don't think the 3rd tier has any need to be influenced by the decisions made affecting the EL and PL . this year you can hold your Agm on 1st nov ,draw up all the rules and regs for 2012 and then keep holding EGMs every week until you know what riders and teams will be taking part in the 2012 national league.

It would still be run better than the classroom antics of the 2 "higher" leagues

Jim do i detect more than a little sarcasm ?? so EVERYONE else has to suffer due to the COMPLETE incompetence of the BSPA, and 2 Clubs bring the WHOLE sport to its knees which is what has happened by the uncertainty that has been created, jim the whipper dont you realise Speedway is almost a laughing stock to other non Speedway people, mostly because it makes up the rules as it goes along, and common sense does not appear to exist amongst some of our more established promoters.

Edited by greyhoundp

Jim do i detect more than a little sarcasm ?? so EVERYONE else has to suffer due to the COMPLETE incompetence of the BSPA, and 2 Clubs bring the WHOLE sport to its knees which is what has happened by the uncertainty that has been created, jim the whipper dont you realise Speedway is almost a laughing stock to other non Speedway people, mostly because it makes up the rules as it goes along, and common sense does not appear to exist amongst some of our more established promoters.

Well spotted sarcasm it most certainly was . the nl supporters seem like they want to have their cake and eat it (at least the ones who post on here do. they dont want to be involved with the rest of speedway while it's problems get sorted but once they are , they want to be treated as an equal part of the sport. as i see it you either take the good with the bad or you make your own arrangements

dont you realise Speedway is almost a laughing stock to other non Speedway people, mostly because it makes up the rules as it goes along, and common sense does not appear to exist amongst some of our more established promoters.

To be honest I don't think most non Speedway people even know the sport exists, they certainly have no idea at all about how it is run!

Having said that of all the leagues the NL is always last with fixtures when the riders need to make plans sooner than those in the other leagues because they have to get around school and work more than full time riders.

Well Jim if you read this link

http://www.dudleynews.co.uk/sport/8774511.Delays_frustrate_Heathens_chief/

its not only the Fans who are frustrated with the cancelation of the NL agm, Oh you are,nt by any chance a BSPA promoter are you ?? LOL.

Nigel has indicated he would like to re sign Tom Perry, and include Darryl Ritchings in addition to the signing of Ashley Morris, but cant finalise anything until the 2011 points limit is agreed, along with ALL the other NL Teams, Thank you BSPA.

they certainly have no idea at all about how it is run!
then the general public would make good promoters i would guess Vince :D;) Edited by greyhoundp

good post greyhoundp and well said nigel pearson.

annoying sometimes he may be with the screaming etc but you`d have to go far to find anyone more passionate about the sport. dudley should consider themselves fourtunate to have him on board.

we are.btw i had a few drinks with a couple of non speedway fans,after a few ruby milds i tried to explain speedway rules to them.again!!!you should of heard the laughter

we are.btw i had a few drinks with a couple of non speedway fans,after a few ruby milds i tried to explain speedway rules to them.again!!!you should of heard the laughter

I`m impressed you understand the rules, I`m not sure I do :lol::lol:

Crikey

You mean to say there are RULES? :shock:

Next thing you'll be telling me that the rules are fairly and evenly applied :shock::shock:

Well spotted sarcasm it most certainly was . the nl supporters seem like they want to have their cake and eat it (at least the ones who post on here do. they dont want to be involved with the rest of speedway while it's problems get sorted but once they are , they want to be treated as an equal part of the sport. as i see it you either take the good with the bad or you make your own arrangements

You're top notch at being rude and pompous but you've yet to attempt to explain exactly WHY, in your esteemed opinion, the NL meeting has had to be delayed due to the EL situation...

I've spoken to an NL chairman today and I can tell you he agrees with 99% of posters on here that there is not a single understandable reason why this is happening...

totaly agree Parsloes, very well put.

wish people would stop treating NL as rubbish, where do they think the next Mark Loram is going to come from... Australia?

You're top notch at being rude and pompous but you've yet to attempt to explain exactly WHY, in your esteemed opinion, the NL meeting has had to be delayed due to the EL situation...

I've spoken to an NL chairman today and I can tell you he agrees with 99% of posters on here that there is not a single understandable reason why this is happening...

Excellent reply and it is not just Nigel Pearson that is complaining. In Speedway Star Dave Tattum was voicing his frustration as was Nicky Mallett. Can you imagine being in their position not knowing what the composition of the league is, what the rules are, not knowing which riders they can track and at the same time trying to attract sponsorship to this exciting sport.

What a crazy situation.