British Speedway Forum
covlad459

Coventry 99 % Certain To Be In Elite Next Season Acording To Sandu

So if both Coventry and Peterborough will be riding in the Elite League next year, which riders will the get then?

I got a funny feeling that Hans Andersen will be no. 1 at Coventry!! :shock: KK will move back up to Belle Vue and Harris will be no. 1 at the Showground.

Think teams could end up looking like this:

Coventry:

1. Hans Andersen 8,39

2. Kenni Larsen 6,04

3. Pawlicki ???

4. Edward Kennett 6,46

5. Rory Schlein 6,92

6. ????

7. Josh Auty/Dakota North D/UP 3,00

total: 30,81 (for 5 riders)

Leaves 9,19 for Pawlicki and AN Other, and possibly a better D/UP rider.

Peterborough:

1. Chris Harris 8,06

2. Ales Dryml 4,99

3. Buczkowski 5,59

4. Linus Sundström 5,96

5. Troy Batchelor 7,03

6. Richard Hall/Taylor Poole D/UP 4,34

7. Norbert Kosciuch 3,64

Total: 39,61

There's absolutely no way Coventry will ride without Harris - he's a talisman and a PR gift. With KK having ridden for Belle Vue before, it's probably Birmingham who are sweating most at the moment...

A compromise is not common sense in this situation.

Absolutely.

The very people who purport to hate tawdry backroom deals suddenly engage in a tawdry backroom deal and suddenly all thoughts about integrity are out of the window. Anything other than abject surrender on the part of Coventry and Peterborough is a disaster. Nothing is resolved and everyone stumbles on to the next shambles. The only reasonable resolution was to submit this to the courts.

Absolutely.

The very people who purport to hate tawdry backroom deals suddenly engage in a tawdry backroom deal and suddenly all thoughts about integrity are out of the window. Anything other than abject surrender on the part of Coventry and Peterborough is a disaster. Nothing is resolved and everyone stumbles on to the next shambles. The only reasonable resolution was to submit this to the courts.

Sandhu and Frost have given the BSPA the option of going to court. The BSPA have obviously been advised that it would not be wise for them to go down that route.

There should have been no comprimise from the bSPA whatsoever. Coventry and Peterborrough accept the rules or don't take part. I hope, along with EVERY fair minded speedway fan that that is the case.

As I consider myself a fair minded Speedway fan, I would like to know........when did you become my spokesman?

ATB

Dave

As I consider myself a fair minded Speedway fan, I would like to know........when did you become my spokesman?

ATB

Dave

Yeah, I'm pretty fair-minded, too. He doesn't speak for me.

With KK having ridden for Belle Vue before, it's probably Birmingham who are sweating most at the moment...

No they are not Alan B)

Are you reading the same statement as the rest of us?

Also, is English your first language? :lol:

"It is with the deepest regret that we confirm Peterborough Speedway will not compete in the 2011 Elite League". (Peterborough statement Nov 28th 2010)

Care to translate THAT into English for me?

Edited by eastern wolf

Sandhu and Frost have given the BSPA the option of going to court. The BSPA have obviously been advised that it would not be wise for them to go down that route.

How do you work that out? We haven't even had the official statement yet!! How do you know that Coventry and Peterborough weren't the ones who had to beg to be allowed back into the fold. I agree with the earlier post that anything other than abject surrender on the part of these two teams will be bad for British Speedway - because nothing would be resolved except to the satisfaction of the two teams who caused this sorry mess!!

A fair minded fan would be one that want to see the rules adhered to that were voted in at the AGM, not one that uses bully boy tactics to gain an unfair advantage over the rest of the league.

"It is with the deepest regret that we confirm Peterborough Speedway will not compete in the 2011 Elite League". (Peterborough statement Nov 28th 2010)

Care to translate THAT into English for me?

Give up EW, There are none so blind as those who will not see. :lol:

Well SCB told me and he is the forum statto.....if it went down then it probably went down unless your calling him a liar. Don't shoot the messenger. :D

The relevance is put in a simple picture where words about the meeting and what would have come from it been put into it's place. And then send a xmas message disguising all ok.....check me out Miss Marple.

What in an official statement.....ok eyes wide shut. B)

Eh? :blink:

A fair minded fan would be one that want to see the rules adhered to that were voted in at the AGM, not one that uses bully boy tactics to gain an unfair advantage over the rest of the league.

you should not speak of your promoter like that

Well said.

Compromise from the BSPA then as we knew there would be all along. Such a corrupt and shambolic organisation never had a leg to stand on and it was only a matter of time before they climbed down. The Ford's and Van Twattens of this world have no areshole.

Quite funnny to see these BSPA apologists and anti Coventry members like Shovlar, Lupus, Eastern Wolf, Starman, Subudei, Bazaar, the plonker from Swindon, SteveBrum(as usual) etc be left with red faces!

Well done Sandhu!

LOL

Some back tracking from certain quarters will now ensue.

Along with the not so humble pie, red whine and sour cream, we can expect the DMP leader in chief to tell us how this is a sad, sad day for speedway, threats to boycott Brandon (Like Sandhu will worry) and all manner of bovine excretia from the "Sherborne One"

Hopefully, the BSPA wll learn from this debacle, and be open, honest and transparent in future..I have my doubts though...

Steve, it would be most helpful, and probably make people hate you a little bit less, if you prefaced statements like that with, "I feel" or "I think" or "in my opinion"

You're welcome.