British Speedway Forum
covlad459

Coventry 99 % Certain To Be In Elite Next Season Acording To Sandu

How do you work that out? We haven't even had the official statement yet!! How do you know that Coventry and Peterborough weren't the ones who had to beg to be allowed back into the fold. I agree with the earlier post that anything other than abject surrender on the part of these two teams will be bad for British Speedway - because nothing would be resolved except to the satisfaction of the two teams who caused this sorry mess!!

Totally agree. I can see some fudge coming along, like Larsen and Sundtsrom exempt because they signed before the rule was brought in, and Pawlicki given a 5.0 to appease the worst promotion ever to grace the EL.

"we can confirm that all of the parties remain committed to resolving the matter amicably".

Surely this must mean that the threat of legal action has been withdrawn. Is that becasue they never had a case, because the BSPA has given in to their demands or because they are all being adult and genuinely trying to find a way round the problems. Time will tell.

Steve, it would be most helpful, and probably make people hate you a little bit less, if you prefaced statements like that with, "I feel" or "I think" or "in my opinion"

You're welcome.

Thanks but I won't be taking your advice. :lol:

Totally agree. I can see some fudge coming along, like Larsen and Sundtsrom exempt because they signed before the rule was brought in, and Pawlicki given a 5.0 to appease the worst promotion ever to grace the EL.

But Poole haven't got room to fit Pawlicki in on a 5.0. :D

ATB

Dave

Steve, it would be most helpful, and probably make people hate you a little bit less, if you prefaced statements like that with, "I feel" or "I think" or "in my opinion"

You're welcome.

Ah, but Steve thinks he speaks for ALL speedway fans, when, in fact, apart from one or two disciples in deepest darkest Dorset, we just tend to laugh at his rabid myopic bias towards the Pirates. One day, he might understand that...

Ah, but Steve thinks he speaks for ALL speedway fans, when, in fact, apart from one or two disciples in deepest darkest Dorset, we just tend to laugh at his rabid myopic bias towards the Pirates. One day, he might understand that...

It always makes me laugh when people who are rabid, myopic and biased accuse other people of being rabid, myopic and biased.

Just a thought :D

Thanks but I won't be taking your advice. :lol:

Just trying to make you less of a hate-figure :blink:

Edited by alan_boon

A fair minded fan would be one that want to see the rules adhered to that were voted in at the AGM, not one that uses bully boy tactics to gain an unfair advantage over the rest of the league.

Absoulutley priceless coming from the most unbiased viewpoint on this forum, surely a candidate for post of the year

Trouble is though people like you and several others on here don't like an opposite view, and when you do read it, rather than argue the case, prefer to sling insults.

Youhave championed Sandhu all along, even though IMO it is totally misguided. If Rosco wasn't there would you still champion Sandhu and Trump? They have tried to hoodwink every other club in the league by their rule bending to gain a 2.18 advantage over every other team, including Swindon, yet you think its good and right? That makes no sense at all. :blink:

It won't be because they have backed down. Be assured of that.

Bully boy CVS has been shown up for what he is.

:rolleyes:

Sandhu has also been shown up for what he is too.

Off on your hols Silver Orion? :lol:

:lol:

"It is with the deepest regret that we confirm Peterborough Speedway will not compete in the 2011 Elite League". (Peterborough statement Nov 28th 2010)

Care to translate THAT into English for me?

Seems odd to me. :wink:

Hopefully, the BSPA wll learn from this debacle, and be open, honest and transparent in future..I have my doubts though...

Hopefully 2 promotions will have also learned a lesson in the way to conduct themselves at professional meetings as well.

Toy throwing should be left in the nursery.

As for the statement - its GREAT news if proves to be true and workable.

Which just goes to show when the BSPA said it was 8 with a couple more possibly joining initially they were absolutely correct.

Hopefully once this sorry sad saga is all over we can get back to talking about whos going to do what next season instead of Coventry and Peterborough hogging all the limelight - no wonder Poole fans are miffed :lol:

Just trying to make you less of a hate-figure :blink:

No I am quite happy thank you. I won't alter my posts because some Coventry fans on here struggle to sling a sentence together without firing off abuse. :lol:

Assuming the BBC report to be accurate - and good if it means Coventry returning under BSPA rules and regs! - I wonder who 'leaked' the news to BBC Coventry & Warwicks?? One can only presume one of the Bees representatives!! Once again not the correct way to go about things is it - whatever has been agreed/mediated/compromised I am certain that there would have been agreement from both sides for the 'official' statement to be made at a specific time by the BSPA. Instead, somebody 'in the know' has already gone back on that agreement. So much for trust, dignity, agreements etc!

Yet another assumption used to have a cheap shot at the Bees promotion. You can have no actual knowledge who it was who told the BBC, but don't let that stop you from putting the boot in eh! :rolleyes:

Regards, Martin

I'm not so fussy. Premier League Plymouth will do. :D

but he could double down and still be a bees rider

Geez, only took 3/4 of an hour for my daily dose of chuckles - in case anyone's missed anything, here we go:

pure gold is actually orange in colour and not gold!

No it isn't. If you'd ever done any prospecting you'd know that; obviously you haven't, so why lie?

I agree - proper metallic gold is probably more costly and harder to get!

Nah, Lupus about 100km down the road from me near Pine Creek you can just stub your toes on the stuff - sometimes!

That is most definitely orange.

Oh, no it isn't!

the triuth will come out soon then, i suspect

Won't be from your direction though, will it?

However, for a while now we have had Coventry fans, together with sundry others decrying the lack of transparency in the running and decision-making of the BSPA. They grind their teeth over the spectre of shady backroom meetings and yet one shady backroom meeting later all is well with the world.

That's Hypocrisy in action, LL.

But Wait, there's more!

Well surprise surprise, Coventry are back in the EL. Don't expect the press release to be hard on the BSPA though. Pawlicki on 5 seems like a fair result to me and a change in the conversion rate seems like it was a decent compromise. Game, set and match Sandhu. :wink::lol:

Absolute rubbish as usual!

Absolutely.

The very people who purport to hate tawdry backroom deals suddenly engage in a tawdry backroom deal and suddenly all thoughts about integrity are out of the window.

Didn't you just say that?

I consider myself a fair minded Speedway fan

Yeah, I'm pretty fair-minded, too..

No they are not

Edited by BigFatDave