British Speedway Forum
covlad459

Coventry 99 % Certain To Be In Elite Next Season Acording To Sandu

.......yes, it's gone off-topic a little.........

I'd like to nominate this post as Understatement of the Year.

This thread is about Coventry and Peterboro possibly returning to the EL. If you want to keep resurrecting this futile old argument about the quality of the EL there is already a current thread on that topic where you can air your views to your hearts content, but if you read

the appropriate thread you will see there is not much sympathy for the view you have expressed. Nevertheless the other thread is where you should be postulating all this bunkem if you want to persist with it.

Last time I looked it was about steve shovlars life in Dorset with a smattering of cricket thrown in.

Last time I looked it was about steve shovlars life in Dorset with a smattering of cricket thrown in.

Do keep up, mate, we're on to the Darts now!

The facts are clear ...Kl were never in a million years going to join the El intill the money was put on the table ...most people class that as a bung .

Most people dont class that as fact.

Who knows what there plans were?

Most people dont class that as fact.

Who knows what there plans were?

I agree it's not a fact, but like Birmingham, they would have had to declare their intent to run EL in time for the EL AGM. By the end of the AGM the BSPA stated that as Coventry and Peterborough hadn't declared their intent they were out of the EL, yet neither did Kings Lynn but they were allowed to join. Yes it was to fulfill the minimum requirement for Sky but either it's the rule or it isn't.

Then they allowed Peterborough's top two move to Kings Lynn before stopping "all" Coventry and Peterborough riders from signing to other clubs.

The BSPA have stumbled along blindly trying to cover their tracks and dug a deeper hole for themselves.

If Kings Lynn had planned to join the EL they would not have left it until after the AGM.

Who died and made you a Moderator? I apologise for discussing things on a discussion forum - yes, it's gone off-topic a little but I still think that all the things discussed here have merit. Maybe things are too quiet down Essex way, but don't be a hater, old man...

Nobody is objecting to you discussing anything. Just asking you to do it on the appropriate thread. Thats why we have separate threads,. Makes a mockery of the forum if people just go way off topic and make posts randomly on one thread when there is already another thread for that topic.

Nobody is objecting to you discussing anything. Just asking you to do it on the appropriate thread. Thats why we have separate threads,. Makes a mockery of the forum if people just go way off topic and make posts randomly on one thread when there is already another thread for that topic.

Well said Custer,it appears Mr Boon thinks we only need one thread.

I lost track of the whole thing...

Is it really certain they will both pull out from EL? Or is there a chance they will participate somehow? It would be a shame not to have the league champions defending their title... Where is the whole thing at now?

I agree it's not a fact, but like Birmingham, they would have had to declare their intent to run EL in time for the EL AGM. By the end of the AGM the BSPA stated that as Coventry and Peterborough hadn't declared their intent they were out of the EL, yet neither did Kings Lynn but they were allowed to join. Yes it was to fulfill the minimum requirement for Sky but either it's the rule or it isn't.

Then they allowed Peterborough's top two move to Kings Lynn before stopping "all" Coventry and Peterborough riders from signing to other clubs.

The BSPA have stumbled along blindly trying to cover their tracks and dug a deeper hole for themselves.

If Kings Lynn had planned to join the EL they would not have left it until after the AGM.

KL didn't walk out of the AGM. The BSPA didn't instruct Coventry and Peterbrough to leave the AGM unannounced. But it's all the BSPA's fault. :D:D

I lost track of the whole thing...

Is it really certain they will both pull out from EL? Or is there a chance they will participate somehow? It would be a shame not to have the league champions defending their title... Where is the whole thing at now?

It is going to an EGM in January.

Im not so sure they didnt declare an intent.

The pre AGM meeting indicated there could possibly be a couple more teams to announce dependant on rules so i reckon they had already declared an intent prior to the walk out.

I just dont buy this nonesense that they have been rewarded for coming up with being given a massive cash incentive and the share of the Panthers and Bees money.

Dont get me wrong, im sure that the cash might have played some part in them, or any team coming up.

But to suggest they only came up to prop up the EL is just plain nonesense IMHO.

Im not so sure they didnt declare an intent.

But to suggest they only came up to prop up the EL is just plain nonesense IMHO.

Well other than the FACT they were announced in the Premier League after the AGM, and in the Cup draw. Cannot be bothered looking for the link or seeing if the BSPA have removed it, but it has been covered plenty of times already.

If Birmingham had declared an upward movement at that point, why not KL? Why not tell the PL to keep them out of the draw? Etc........

Something like this....

ELITE LEAGUE

Now includes Birmingham who have exchanged league membership with Ipswich, league numbers are not finalised consequently fixture planning has been deferred.

-----------

PREMIER LEAGUE

PREMIER LEAGUE KO CUP DRAW

Scunthorpe v Ipswich, Sheffield v Edinburgh, Redcar v Workington, Somerset v Kings Lynn, Rye House v Newcastle, Leicester v Glasgow. 1st Round byes - Berwick and Newport.

Edited by Authorised

It still doesn't mean they were given a massive incentive to come up to the EL.

No, I am sure they looked at it logically and thought,

Hey, we are a thriving club in the PL, making money eacy year and one of the top dogs of the league. Shall we continue in this vein or

Lets go join the EL, the league that is losing money hand over fist, looks like imploding at any moment, costs a lot more money to operate in..