British Speedway Forum
covlad459

Coventry 99 % Certain To Be In Elite Next Season Acording To Sandu

certain riders have been signed, but as far as i am aware no team is completed, leaving room open for say the points limit to be raised, or leaving the pl el % at 50 and saying it was being raised in 12 months time etc. same with averages like pawlicki staying on 4 with the stipulation that from this season the rule has been changed to 8 meetings for an average etc. these are only examples i am thinking of and i do not claim to know that this is what has happened

Wrong. Poole realesed Perdersen because it would have meant having a sub 4 reserve. An extra point would have meant we could have kept Bjarne and still had two 4 point reserves. Decisions have already been made based on the 40 points limit. It won't change without serious repercusions and three clubs would instantly refuse it.

If the Bees are back because they've backed down, it'll be a victory for Matt Ford and the BSPA and their staunch vigilance against rulebreaking non-speedway men. If the Bees are back because the BSPA have backed down, it'll be a victory for Matt Ford and the BSPA in their benevolence and charity towards bully-boy non-speedway men.

Thats my thinking behind it too.

Cant see any other way!

Hopefully we will ALL know when an official statement is made :wink:

Or Starman, Steve O, Stevebrum, EW etc.....

Er, show me where i have said i didn't want Coventry back in the League? Leg pulling Pee- taking yes, but never said i didn't want them. On the contary, if you read my posts, i did say if Coventry don't come back i feel very sorry for the fans riders and Rosco if you care to wade through Gawd knows how many posts.

All that said, IF, Coventry are back in the League, i hope it was them that reached a compromise with the BSPA, Because no one team or promotion is bigger than the League!!

The two main things, gripes i have is A, the team building average is to low, and B, Powlicki should, if he returns to Coventry come back on a PROPER average.

But lets just wait and see. Personally i would like to see 11 or 12 teams in the EL, with a proper Team Building average!

And if you do come back, Remember to bring the Trophy with you when you visit us nice and clean, as it will be staying at Wimborne Rd at the end of next season!!! :approve:

Edited by Starman2006

Wrong. Poole realesed Perdersen because it would have meant having a sub 4 reserve. An extra point would have meant we could have kept Bjarne and still had two 4 point reserves. Decisions have already been made based on the 40 points limit. It won't change without serious repercusions and three clubs would instantly refuse it.

If thats true and we have no sub 4 pointers that means no Bridger,also means no Doyle,so good news and bad news.

steve does your head hurt from keep banging it against a wall??? NO RULES HAVE COME OUT OF THE AGM OFFICIALLY. What part of that do u not understand??? if no rules have officially come out then how do u know what to build to? with no official rules having been set then surely the promoters that have started to build their teams are just as bad as coventry and peterborough that started building after the pre agm???

Is 'would' in this case a suggestion or a catagorical statement that three teams will definitely refuse any altered points limit should that be the case?

Err, can you state where ive ever said that Cov WONT come back to the EL??? :rolleyes:

Im glad they have - always said they should be in.

Just think the actions of there promotion is not acceptable.

That is a very different thing.

Fair and sensible point.

When facts start emerging can we see whos rumour starting was near (or wide) of the truth.

None..

its confirmed when the BSPA announce it.

It was said that Cov are back in and the BSPA will make a full statement tomorrow Wed 22nd!

I'm glad Cov will be running another local derby can't wait!

steve does your head hurt from keep banging it against a wall??? NO RULES HAVE COME OUT OF THE AGM OFFICIALLY. What part of that do u not understand??? if no rules have officially come out then how do u know what to build to? with no official rules having been set then surely the promoters that have started to build their teams are just as bad as coventry and peterborough that started building after the pre agm???

Maybe the rules haven't been printed as such on the website but it does mention the 40 point limit under 2011 teams.

NO RULES HAVE COME OUT OF THE AGM OFFICIALLY.

Then why have Ipswich and other PL teams been happily signing up former EL riders, such as Risager? The points limit for the PL is known and if the conversion rate is changed to accommodate Coventry's demand it would cause chaos in the PL. Or are we to have the bizarre situation of different conversion factors applying depending on whether you are going up or down and where would that leave "double-uping"?

Edited by ladyluck

yes ive just heared it now, expect a press release next 24 hours.

must be correct the BBC says so!

all you have to do is make shamek a 4 and add a point to the team building job done, effects no one

Why???

Making those concessions opens the floodgates for similar actions in the future which is unacceptable!

Edited by Steve0

The boys are back in town . Three cheers to Avtar Sandhu Hip Hip Hooray [ repeat three times ]

all you have to do is make shamek a 4 and add a point to the team building job done, effects no one

A good example of an oxymoron - it affects every EL club.

Edited by TonyE