British Speedway Forum
covlad459

Coventry 99 % Certain To Be In Elite Next Season Acording To Sandu

May affect a few team line-ups as I think a lot of the riders had found themselves new teams precautionally. The good news is, hopefully everyone who wants a team place over here, will get one even if its their 2nd (or 3rd) choice.

Not really as it looked certain that Ben Barker was going to be left out any way o he can carry on with his Plymouth / Belle Vue jobs while Bomber, Kennett, Larsen and Pawlicki join the Bees.

Well lets hope so and also hope that no rules were changed to accommodate them or we will just this charade every year when a club doesn't like one fo the democratically voted rules

Only way they could enter in my opinion as everyone else has set their teams up in line with the rules laid out at the AGM and so should Coventry.

We'll see.

We'll see.

9 Pages!!!!! :wink::wink::wink:

We'll see.

yeah we will

Stick to selling your Play off Final losers merchandise.:D

and we'll be buying our winners merchandise........................................next season in the EL on our terms:approve:

Edited by colincooke

Perhaps this is why every other fan despises Coventry. Their fans are just like their owners.

How pitiful.

So pleased you told me this - I thought a few people out their actually liked Coventry.

But you know best - thanks for telling me.

And personally I'm nothing like our owner (No 's' on the end there - Mr Sandhu is the only owner!) - He's male, slightly taller than me and unless Im very much mistaken of a completely different ethnic background to mewink.gif

And my uptake on the possible return -

The BSPA and Coventry will both put out a press statement which favours themselves.

Those who have been blaming Coventry will continue to do so and pick parts from the BSPA press release to support it and those supporting Coventry will continue to do so and pick things out from the Cov press release to support it also.

No one will have their view swayed and we will have another 5 threads each with a different angle and view point!!

Roll on March!

.....alan_boon...... For me, the absence of Steve Shovlar from the forum today is evidence something is afoot....

Make the most of it. Hasn't he headed off to the Bahamas or somewhere? If I stick a few people on ignore as well it will be peace, perfect peace for a couple of weeks. Happy Christmas. :approve:

Edited by Gemini

What are you on..........!!!

If Coventry run it will be because they have accepted the new rules for 2011. Maybe the compromise (face saver for Sandhu) will be that the process of agreeing the rules in future will be reviewed. Coventry's "legal" action didn't have a hope in hell's chance os succeeding and Sandhu knew from his first meeting with his legal team (??), otherwise a law suit would have been issued against the BSPA long before now. Sandhu accepted the BSPA rules when he bought Coventry and he must know by now that throwing the rattle out of the pram and threatening legal action does not work. He's tried it before and it didn't work then.

Jeez, ive just got back to find 8 pages of a thread that is meaningless and could have gone on another thread. Proves one thing, the person who started this meaningless thread knows nothing, so why does everybody tag along!!! :(

Baa, baa, baa, baa..........(he posted sheepishly)

yeah we will

Stick to selling your Play off Final losers merchandise.:D

and we'll be buying our winners merchandise........................................next season in the EL on our terms:approve:

Really, i'll bookmark this post!!! ;)

What rubbish the meeting of BSPA two weeks ago didnt result in any sort of annoucement to the press and public.Ony thing was that there an embargo on the Coventry riders.Why was there no statement, suggest it MIGHT be that Sandhu had started the legal action against the BSPA, hence no statement.I am fingers crossed that commonsense prevails.

......starman2006.....

Really, i'll bookmark this post!!

Colin Cooke - Coventry's version of Steve Shovlar. :D

(Edited to add the 'e') The other Colin Cook was my hero. :)

Edited by Gemini

He is not happy with the signing of Gafurov and the rest of the Poole team...

Apparently he has gone to Gatwick in the hope of a flight to Rome (once the airport opens)..

So hopefully things will be quiet from deepest darkest Dorset for a while....(unlikely though)

Sorry to disappoint but have been filming for the last 48 hours. Just got home.

Colin Cook - Coventry's version of Steve Shovlar. :D

......this from the Lady with the sheepdog! Keep rounding 'em up, Gem!

I reckon Col's a poor man's version meself, probably made in China.

Colin Cook - Coventry's version of Steve Shovlar. :D

Don't tar me with the same brush

Edited by Phil
Personal attacks removed