British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
hedders

World Under 21 Championship

FIM say the first round of the Under 21 Championship will take place at Poole on 24 July (not 23 July at Coventry). The 14th round of the Polish leagues is scheduled to take place on 24 July. Will this affect the day’s events if there are a few riders involved in the U21 round? I seem to remember one time Leszno cancelled a meeting because Pavlic was riding in a rearranged U21 round.

FIM say the first round of the Under 21 Championship will take place at Poole on 24 July (not 23 July at Coventry). The 14th round of the Polish leagues is scheduled to take place on 24 July. Will this affect the day’s events if there are a few riders involved in the U21 round? I seem to remember one time Leszno cancelled a meeting because Pavlic was riding in a rearranged U21 round.

The Poles will re-arrange to ride on the monday or thursday. Probably effecting the EL fixtures (some were cancelled last year due to rider shortage) There doesn't seem an appropriate time to run FIM meetings. Every weekend there going to be something happening, unless they decide to run on the same night as the GP's?

If Coventry could run this meeting on Saturday July 23, why can't Poole???

Why bring all the international fixtures into turmoil? Is this some retaliation action against the Polish League, with Matt Ford trying to disrupt their Sunday fixtures?

If Coventry could run this meeting on Saturday July 23, why can't Poole???

Why bring all the international fixtures into turmoil? Is this some retaliation action against the Polish League, with Matt Ford trying to disrupt their Sunday fixtures?

greyhounds racing takes place on saturdays, nothing to do with matt ford, check your facts before critisising

greyhounds racing takes place on saturdays, nothing to do with matt ford, check your facts before critisising

:oops: accepted, if Saturdays at Poole are blocked by the dogs.

Maybe their regular Wednesday night could be used for this F.I.M. meeting, but I am aware that such meetings are usuallly always held on a weekend date. But I remember in the old days, Wembley used to stage even the world finals on their regular Thursday night.

Anyway, the Polish League clubs will not be amused with this move by the British authorities. :unsure:

Anyway, the Polish League clubs will not be amused with this move by the British authorities. :unsure:

Tough. B)

Tough. B)

Here, here. Who gives two hoots about the Polish League - about time they had to re-arrange their fixtures. ;)

All the best

Rob

it seems strange that the british u21 final is only 2 days before the qualifier at herxheim, so have the two places been allocated already, as in the past it has been by qualification from GB U21 to worlds.