British Speedway Forum

Auty would have qualified if not for bad luck. The final is at Wolverhampton and Auty will, in all likelihood, be better than Stead around there (not hard), and therefore is a far better Wild Card choice.

Ifs, buts and maybes - fact is he is not in the final on merit!

Stead has also done nothing this season to warrant a Wild Card.

Thats because he's been injured :rolleyes:

Thats because he's been injured :rolleyes:

I'm well aware of that. It still doesn't stop there being no evidence as to why he deserves a Wild Card more than anyone else does.

Auty is as good as or if not better than Stead already,

This comment is embarrasing and indicates you know very little about Speedway / Sport.

This thread has become embarrassing.

Sheffield/Coventry - "Yay for Auty."

Swindon - "OMG Stead should have been picked."

Neutrals - ".........."

Although the following made me chuckle:

Don't know why you are safrican americaning! It seems Auty is crap on his home track at Sheffield or he would have progressed on merit !!

Try checking out what happens in Speedway away from the Abbey :wink:

Auty is as good as or if not better than Stead already, and improving all the time! His problem is gating which is getting slightly better.. Always said if he could gate, he'd be as good as Woffinden.

Absolute nonsense !!!

Difficult start for Steady this year because of his injury but that said, I expect him to come back when fit and continue his form from last season.

Auty on the other hand is someone who is getting better, agreed, but as good as or if not better than Steady? I think not, still a long way to go until he is an established Elite League rider.

Why would you give a wildcard to someone who hasn't even rode a race this season (correct me if I'm wrong). It's not like Stead has put in any brilliant performances around Monmore recently.

Why would you give a wildcard to someone who hasn't even rode a race this season (correct me if I'm wrong). It's not like Stead has put in any brilliant performances around Monmore recently.

Completely agree regarding Steady at Monmore, I was disagreeing with the comment that Auty is as good as Steady.

Like you say, he hasn't ridden much this season and so really has no right to expect the wildcard, although many expected it.

Completely agree regarding Steady at Monmore, I was disagreeing with the comment that Auty is as good as Steady.

Like you say, he hasn't ridden much this season and so really has no right to expect the wildcard, although many expected it.

Agreed, Auty isn't better than Stead atm. I expect him to achieve more throughout his career though. I think that post was just bias towards Auty lol

This comment is embarrasing and indicates you know very little about Speedway / Sport.

Been going to speedway since 6 week old my friend, in the families blood, tried it, been involved with it with various riders for many a year how about you? My post may have been a little over the top. I actually like Steady and have seen him many times through both leagues but he has found his level now which i believe he could have made it higher. Auty is getting better all the time, no fear, fast and exciting just his gating to work on. They are both British and always want them to do well, they ARE both Yorkshire lads how can i not!!!

Agreed, Auty isn't better than Stead atm. I expect him to achieve more throughout his career though. I think that post was just bias towards Auty lol

What do you mean he'll achieve more than Stead throughout his career????

No British riders will achieve anything of significance for a long time. Chris Harris is the last of our World class riders left & I can't ever see him becoming World Champion any time soon. Young Swedes, Danes & Poles are just far superior. I can't see any British riders competing in the GP's after next season.

I think it's scandalous that Stead isn't in the British Final. Outrageous decision by the BSPA

Agree, a very embarrassing comment to make which is also a complete lie.

So, Auty broke down. Yes it's bad luck but deal with it - that's racing. He had his chance..

He's a great rider and I was mightily impressed with him at Somerset in the pairs last year.

However, Stead rode in the World Cup last year and for the BSPA to just ignore him is a massive smack in the face and an absolute disgrace.

To be fair, Auty is very similar to what Stead was like at his age - all action, no fear and great to watch.

Stead probably hasn't done as much as people thought he would do on the world stage for whatever reason and in my very humble opinion, Auty will probably do exactly the same unless he can radically sort his gating out.

If we're being brutally honest, if both were in the meeting you wouldn't put money on either of them to become British Champion at the present time - in which case, is it a matter of choosing Auty on the basis of 1. He's ridden this year and save for a shed chain would have been in the meeting on merit and 2. As has been said, Stead has reached his level whereas Auty may benefit from the experience and become a better rider as a consequence, something that Team GB needs for the future.

Whoever they gave the wildcards to, people were going to have a moan - it's what makes us British!

I'd stake money on some people writing out two almost identical posts a fortnight ago, one moaning Auty wasn't picked, and another moaning Stead wasn't picked, then simply posting the relevant one.

What's done is done. Moaning about it gets us nowhere.

How about supporting a young British rider who, with the experience of riding in the British Final, could go on to represent us in the World Championships for years to come.

Stead, if fit, will have a crack at the British Final next year, as will Auty no doubt.

Sorry, for a minute there I was talking sense.

Carry on chaps...