British Speedway Forum
Islander15

Sittingbourne

Good good.

There will be updates in the usual place for this one, will post the link once got the line-ups ;)

still no news on this coming meeting on the iow, think i will give it a miss as nobody seems interested

It's on the BSPA website builderbob. 19/04/11 1930 Isle of Wight v Sittingbourne Select (Ch)

still no news on this coming meeting on the iow, think i will give it a miss as nobody seems interested

If you look on the Islanders website and the BSPA website (under National league press releases, last week) you will be able to read up on the little information that has been available due to several riders not wanting a ride :blink:

Edited by stressed

Thanks to stressed pointing this out have been able to asertain this is the Crusaders' team for what is now later today..:

1 Tony Atkin

2 Matt Bates

3 James Clement

4 Aaron Baseby

5 Mark Baseby

6 Rikki Mullins

7 Dan Berwick

Will be interesting to see Master Clement back in action - not seen him for many a year now...

Four Crusaders of old in the Baseby boys, their good pal Dan plus Rikki. And some interest too in Tony Atkin who always goes well at the IoW.

Very much looking forward to this so I hope we skip the gloom and have a great evening's racing and catching up with old friends...

Updates will be available tonight here.

not sure i believe its riders not wanting to ride

Unfortunately true, hence why the promotions of both teams were working together to try and put a competitive side out against the Islanders. I won't name anyone but last Tuesday during the practice session on the Island I was told by the promotions that they were still trying to get riders and could only give me four names to put out to the press and public due to so many declining the chance to ride for one reason or another.

It's very hard trying to organise challenge matches; Do riders have the necessary licences? DO they have bikes and engines ready? Is permission required from their promotion? The list goes on unfortunately, but the majority of knock backs were genuine and couldn't be rectified in time or they were not financially viable due to obtaining licences and getting bikes and engines race ready/serviced etc.

Whereas most of the above you can draw a line through if a rider is in a team, normally then it's a matter of seeking permission and your off and sorted, but when you are talking unattached riders it becomes more of a problem and costly to them so it's down to whether it's worth their while financially and career wise to try and put their self in the shop window, if it is then a costly and time consuming business begins for around 4 minutes of racing on most parts. :unsure:

Edited by stressed

Its fair to say that Aaron is looking forward to continuing his good start to the season and to warm up for tomorrows Mildenhall meeting at KL.

Mark is looking forward to his first speedway meeting of the season (still cant believe no one picked him in their starting line ups) :blink:

Dan is certainly taking the meeting seriously and drove from Kent up to Mildenhall for a second half ride on Sunday so he could test an engine ready for tonight.

Good luck, and a safe meeting, to all and hello to my old mate "Stressed" :cheers:

Its fair to say that Aaron is looking forward to continuing his good start to the season and to warm up for tomorrows Mildenhall meeting at KL.

Mark is looking forward to his first speedway meeting of the season (still cant believe no one picked him in their starting line ups) :blink:

Dan is certainly taking the meeting seriously and drove from Kent up to Mildenhall for a second half ride on Sunday so he could test an engine ready for tonight.

Good luck, and a safe meeting, to all and hello to my old mate "Stressed" :cheers:

Good luck to Team Nikko and the Crusaders... It's beautifully sunny and am setting off in a mo!!!

Good luck to Team Nikko and the Crusaders... It's beautifully sunny and am setting off in a mo!!!

Hope that revelation hasn't put the mockers on the weather for later! :lol: :lol: :lol::wink:

Surprise Danny Warwick not riding what have done very well for Sitting.

2) yes, the circuit and set-up at Iwade isn't of course in the same class as Central Park but I totally disagree that the facilities at the OGS are so basic as to "struggle to stage viable 3rd Division level speedway" - CL Speedway was run there perfectly successfully in my book. It's a tragedy it didn't continue and I believe personally that there was no good reason it couldn't have continued and be continuing to this day...

The problem that prevented them from carrying on with the CL as it was, was due to being very limited by the council as too how often and how many meetings they could stage in a year. Of course it is a laugh when you consider how often they can run training days and the noise they create, I would imagine they create much more noise than an organised meeting.