British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Scunny Stag

Scunthorpe Saints V Team Viking **free Meeting** 3rd April 3.30pm

From www.scunthorpespeedway.com

Scunthorpe Promoter Rob Godfrey is inviting fans to watch a speedway meeting for free next Sunday afternoon when the Jotun Paints Scunthorpe Saints take on a touring Team Viking side at the Eddie Wright Raceway. “We want to attract new fans to the sport and what better way than to give them a free taster of what they can watch. It might be classed as an amateur meeting but the Team Viking riders want to showcase themselves for Premier League spots whilst the Saints riders are looking to get some competitive racing under their belt early in the season. It will certainly be a good standard. Not quite like watching the Scorpions in the Premier League but for anyone who hasn’t seen the sport or even seen it at our track it is a great introduction”

Leading the Team Viking side is Klaus Jakobsen who rode for Stoke and Birmingham last year whilst Alexander Edberg, Jonas B Andersen and Patrick Tarp impressed on last summer’s tour. New faces in the touring side are a pair of 17-year olds, Mikkel Salomonsen from Denmark and Oliver Berntzon from Sweden. Completing the line-up is 17-year old British rider Sam Woods from Boston who is set to ride in the Danish 2nd division this summer.

For the Saints the Worrall twins are set to be in Newcastle (with Richie riding for the Diamonds), but Benji Compton is set to return to the saddle and Luke Priest, who is one of the top National League riders without a team place for 2011, will fill the other space. The meeting is expected to get under way around 3.30pm but is preceded by two meetings made up of purely amateur riders and those will commence at 1pm. A race card will be available for £1 from the home straight café which will be selling hot and cold food and drink.

Jotun Paints Scunthorpe Saints: 1. Ashley Birks, 2. Benji Compton, 3. Paul Cooper, 4. Luke Priest, 5. Gary Irving, 6. Adam Wrathall, 7. Stefan Nielsen

Team Viking: 1. Klaus Jakobsen (Denmark), 2. Alexander Edberg (Sweden), 3. Oliver Berntzon (Sweden), 4. Mikkel Salomonsen (Denmark), 5. Jonas B Andersen (Denmark), 6 Sam Woods (England), 7. Patrick Tarp (Denmark)

Open Class side to take on the Southern Track Riders Club VII will be: 1. Gary O’Hare, 2. Scott Day, 3. Conor Dwyer, 4. Adam Kirby, 5. Peter Johnson, 6. Shaun Tedham, 7. Adam Portwood

Intra-club sides to face each other:

Team A: 1. Montana Jowett, 2. Andy Harrison, 3. Gary Krelle, 4. Alan Morrison, 5. Kevin Keay, 6. Sam Darroch, 7. Derek Holt

Team B: 1. Richard Cawthorne, 2. Nathan Clare, 3. Craig Whitehead, 4. Steve Cook, 5. Andrew Ross, 6. Sean Phillips, 7. Mike Insley

Junior riders: Josh Bailey, Josh Bates, Mitchell Beckett, Joe Graver, Dan Miles, Connor Mountain, Luke Whitehead, Lewis Whitmore, Ben Woodhull, Luke Woodhull

I best get begging daddy.

Am I too old to get a treat for being a big brave boy? :P

Adam has been injured recently but I think he'll be there so I'll be coming over.

If you need any help on the day, Richard, send me a pm.

From www.scunthorpespeedway.com

Scunthorpe Promoter Rob Godfrey is inviting fans to watch a speedway meeting for free next Sunday afternoon when the Jotun Paints Scunthorpe Saints take on a touring Team Viking side at the Eddie Wright Raceway. “We want to attract new fans to the sport and what better way than to give them a free taster of what they can watch. It might be classed as an amateur meeting.....

Surely it's NOT classed as an amateur meeting...?! :blink::blink:

Surely it's NOT classed as an amateur meeting...?! :blink::blink:

If they're only riding for expenses I'd say it probably is.

Speeday seems to have some issue with being classed as amateur, yet some of out top cyclists are amateurs (ahem!)

If they're only riding for expenses I'd say it probably is.

Speeday seems to have some issue with being classed as amateur, yet some of out top cyclists are amateurs (ahem!)

The events of the past few months make Speedway bloody amateur!

Surly can't be amatuer meeting!!! but oh well hoping to go,Don't get to many free offers. Good Promoting if you ask me it's inticed me from the other side of the humber :D

Adam has been injured recently but I think he'll be there so I'll be coming over.

If you need any help on the day, Richard, send me a pm.

Thanks for the very kind offer. If you are still available we would love a hand as we will have over 50 riders present. Afraid your inbox is full so had to post here.

Cheers,

Richard

Thanks for the very kind offer. If you are still available we would love a hand as we will have over 50 riders present. Afraid your inbox is full so had to post here.

Cheers,

Richard

I'll be there about 12.00 B)

Saints

Dicken

R/R

Priest

Cooper

Compton

Wrathall

Nielsen

Vikings

Edberg

R/R

Bethell

Solomonsen

Andersen

Widman

Geary

Free speedway, grrrreat.

Possible chance of tiny drizzle just what the track will need. A few former Sheffield riders on track.

Think i will take a trip over for this meeting.

Updates on this meeting will be available Here