British Speedway Forum

Further phone sales MAY be arranged, will decide after weekend.

So professional :rolleyes:

So professional :rolleyes:

sorry squall but think you're wrong here, The promotion are most likely expecting a high volume of ticket sales over the weekend and as such are waiting to see if the quantities remaining are worth opening the phone lines for.. just my opinion of course

Well tonight at Beaumont Park they announced "loads of tickets left for the fours" & "buy on the gate - you wont have a problem"

Well tonight at Beaumont Park they announced "loads of tickets left for the fours" & "buy on the gate - you wont have a problem"

So why sell in advance? I don't get this about speedway, any time a club sells tickets in advance it causes mass panic. When will either clubs realise it causes fans to panic and stay away or fans to realise it's no more of an issue than turning up on he day?

God knows what's going on? I received my tickets in the post today. When I spoke to a woman on the phone on Wednesday, she said that the booking line 0116 235 0082 would also be open yesterday 2pm-8pm, also next tuesday (2nd) from 10am - 4pm and also next Thursday (4th) from 2pm - 8pm, with any remaining tickets being available on the day, so god knows whats happened now?!

Also i asked for 2 Free child tickets and was told they don't send out tickets for the free children and just to turn up with them. So what happens if there's arounbd 1,000 children under the age of 11 turn up, are some of them going to be turned away? I don't think so. So to me the need of having to get our tickets early, wasn't really needed!!

Let's face it, if Leicester have their say 2000 crowd and you then say 200 x 7 = 1400 for the other 7 clubs competing and you also add in around 300 neutrals from other tracks, then that's 3,700 and the capacity is 4500, i've been told and of those 7 other teams, I can't see them all bringing 200 fans along!

Well as you've pointed out, there's unlikely to be 7x 200 fans turn out from the other tracks, & there's still a gap of 800 on the capacity, so accomodating this mtyhical 1,000 kids you're panic about :rolleyes:

Seems that times are so hard that there's even a shortage of things to moan about.

Is advance ticket sales the best that's left.

God forbid if the BSPA make it easier for punters to buy their tickets reduce queues on the day & improve their cashflow by getting some of the receipts in ahead of the meeting. What could they possibly be thing? Cue another "Hang Your Heads In Shame" thread :rolleyes:

Leicester have sold tix in advance for all matches. Why?

Because 1- the fans at Leicester asked for it, so the club to their credit, listened to the fans requests and 2- it reduces queues and delays on race days at the gate

3 - get some of the cash in ahead of the day then pay upfront expenses, improving cashflow

Heaven forbid them from acting in an organised manner & being a bit professional. Hell, they've even advertised the event around Leicester city centre.

What'll happen if some first - timers turn out for the event?

Let's await the "the queues were too long, filled with 'ordinary people', yet again the real speedway fan suffers - damn you, BSPA!" comments ....... :blink:

Will Screen and Greives be fit for next Sunday? If not, then surely Glasgow really should be replaced by either Newport or Berwick...but then again probably not :rolleyes: .

Will Screen and Greives be fit for next Sunday? If not, then surely Glasgow really should be replaced by either Newport or Berwick...but then again probably not :rolleyes: .

Of course they will

3 - get some of the cash in ahead of the day then pay upfront expenses, improving cashflow

Heaven forbid them from acting in an organised manner & being a bit professional. Hell, they've even advertised the event around Leicester city centre.

What'll happen if some first - timers turn out for the event?

Let's await the "the queues were too long, filled with 'ordinary people', yet again the real speedway fan suffers - damn you, BSPA!" comments ....... :blink:

4 to get a feel for numbers so they can arrange the relevant catering, stewarding, toilets etc efficiently