British Speedway Forum

Get to Leicester train station at 15.37pm, so is a cab the best bet to the stadium and if so how much would it cost and how long would it take to get there?Or would any buses get me there by 4.15-4.30pm?

Thanks

Get to Leicester train station at 15.37pm, so is a cab the best bet to the stadium and if so how much would it cost and how long would it take to get there?Or would any buses get me there by 4.15-4.30pm?

Thanks

It's quite a way from the station to Beaumont about 5 miles (guess ) the taxi would probably be the best option ,although it's more expensive it will be worth it as the bus station is quite a way off the train station and the bus Journey would be difficult for someone with little local knowledge .

Got to feel for anyone going.

The tracks utter rubbish and getting in and out and parking isnt straight forward either

U ain't seen track last couple of weeks then? Two cracking race meetings as the Newport fans on here they thought so:-)

It does seem to be getting better. There was some genuine passing in the Newport match, I wouldn't say plenty, but it was ok. Heat 15 was superb by any track's standards.

I'm looking forward to Sunday to see how the racing will be. Will the generally higher standard of all the riders make the racing better or worse? One thing's for sure though, it'll be muddy on the spectators' side of the fence regardless of how much work they do to make the track raceable.

last couple of weeks have seen a lot better racing from riders who are of a better standard than we've see so far in the Lions colours. A couple of weeks ago Ty Proctor was looking good but got took by Niemo twice. Last week saw plenty of passing and as mentioned above the last race was top drawer by any standard. Magnus has also been passing people with ease as well. These two have a lot more guile than riders seen in the Lions colours so far and their ability to overtake on our track reflects this. I'm hopeful of a good meeting.

Hey Speedibee, Pathetic Specimen here :-)

I thought u had some big age years behind you but I now reckon u could well be an angry 15 yr old child who just refuses to accept anyone can have an opposite opinion .LOL!

I reckon u were embarrassed that u were the most positive person on here about Sundays weather forecast, so u went to ground for a while. Lol!

Welcome back!!!

Speedibee, why do you attack Tsunami so much?

He is good for this forum for new fans like me as his insight as someone who has been involved in running a track ( I believe ) is good for building my understanding of the sport

Thanks

Been to Leicester on a couple of occasions, and caught a taxi from the train station, cost around £9 from the taxi rank, to get back I have used Beaumont Taxis (01162367373), they were excellent and slightly cheaper going back, and they are also a local firm to the speedway.

Hey Speedibee, Pathetic Specimen here :-)

I thought u had some big age years behind you but I now reckon u could well be an angry 15 yr old child who just refuses to accept anyone can have an opposite opinion .LOL!

I reckon u were embarrassed that u were the most positive person on here about Sundays weather forecast, so u went to ground for a while. Lol!

Welcome back!!!

Not really , I just had a laugh with someone and once again got silly comments about negative posts , then Lucifer sam jumped on the bandwagon , and it really infuriated me that he could start making assumptions obviously without reading any of the previous posts so that he had any understanding of the tone of the Wellies crack , Then of course Tsunami has have his say so, because he thinks so highly of himself that it had to be something to do with him (How could anyone ignore me, so that comment must be about me is Tsunamis train of thought )as for opposite opinions I could say the same about you ,By your own standards I dont have to see anything the same way as you. Yet you still feel it neccesary to try and force your optimism on me ,

He is good for this forum for new fans like me as his insight as someone who has been involved in running a track ( I believe ) is good for building my understanding of the sport

Agree.

haha this is classic . never seen in the same room suespeedilywhipsjim and tsunami . using your other account to big yourself up absolutely tops... that has really made my day I wont be able to sleep now for laughing all night great stufff ..

haha this is classic . never seen in the same room suespeedilywhipsjim and tsunami . using your other account to big yourself up absolutely tops... that has really made my day I wont be able to sleep now for laughing all night great stufff ..

Keep laughing as the joke is on you. :rofl: Paranoia is a very dangerous thing and makes some people say stupid things, like what you have just implied. Playing a victim again. :lol:

<abusive remark removed - cut it out please>

no wonder speedway is going down the pan with comments like that.

i hope it pisses down and the BSPA lose a fortune.What have they got against NEWPORT.

Looks like you may get your wish Arthur hope it gives you some satisfaction :blink:

Anyone know if there's going to be few extra stalls selling merch and the like?

So tempted to mention the wellington stand again it's kept this thread near the top for days :rolleyes:

Edited by bornagainlion

last couple of weeks have seen a lot better racing from riders who are of a better standard than we've see so far in the Lions colours. A couple of weeks ago Ty Proctor was looking good but got took by Niemo twice. Last week saw plenty of passing and as mentioned above the last race was top drawer by any standard. Magnus has also been passing people with ease as well. These two have a lot more guile than riders seen in the Lions colours so far and their ability to overtake on our track reflects this. I'm hopeful of a good meeting.

"Plenty" is a difficult word to quantify, but I stand by what I said, it's been better the last couple of weeks. I agree with your observation on Nieminen passing Proctor. To say Magnus has passed opponents "with ease" implies he's been sizing them up and pulling off amazing passes, when it really hasn't been like that. Magnus has done almost all of his scoring from the gate and certainly within the first half lap.

Edited by Leicester Lion

Looks like you may get your wish Arthur hope it gives you some satisfaction :blink:

No chance, if you look at the correct weather report in a postive manner you will see 0.000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001 millimmeters of rain for 15;00hrs on Sunday then times the radius of the raindrops by 3.14276 deduct evaporation of 0.00000000621 and add positive thinking ratio of drying and what will you get . a fanatastic racetrack and a Lions victory

So tempted to mention the wellington stand again it's kept this thread near the top for days :rolleyes:

Don't you dare , The ramifications of attempting to show any sense of humour are colossal ,If you hate the lions so much that you need to make jokes about wellingtons all the time .maybe you should stop posting , or open another account so that you can approve of whatever you post when you feel the need .because you have backed yourself into a corner :lol: