British Speedway Forum

Can anyone please explain why leicster are allowed to use Peter Karlsson and Kauko Nieminen in the fours when surely they havent ridden enough rides to qualify. Somerset werent allowed to use heffenbrock because apparently he hadnt ridden enough rides to qualilfy even though hes rode 15 matches this season.

Because...because...well they just can as they were the hosts. :P

.....Tony the tiger......

Well that was my 2nd visit to Leicester and I doubt very much whether I'll go there ever again.

The shape of the track seems great but the racing there is dire, and that's being very polite! 2 meetings and I think I've seen 5 passes in 31 heats of speedway, and in total I think there was 3 passes all day today, 2 of them being in one race.

Something needs to be done about the track or I fear others like me would rather watch the updates than waste money going to watch that garbage.

And as for £20 for admission...If I knew in advance that the 'racing' was going to be like that, I'd begrudgingly pay a tenth of the admission money.

Ok, I'm bound to get the old "what do you expect, it's rained" comment, but quite frankly, that was a blessing in disguise as I didn't have to watch another round of gate and go speedway...thats if you can call it speedway.

Rant over...for now! :angry::mad:

Now you know why I don't bother and I only live a few miles away. I've been 3 times so far and the racing has been rubbish but you're not really allowed to criticise the track because some on here get all protective and irritable. :lol:

Edited by Gemini

But the terraces would have been okay because they were earlier baked hard. :lol:

Because...because...well they just can as they were the hosts. :P

Mud Mud Glorious Mud .nothingquite like it for cooling the blood, .......... Peter Karlsson

I hope this doesnt mean another Sunday lost to an event which ourselves(and Newcastle) will have no interest in. Thanks to the intransigence of teams not wanting to come up here tomorrow, another lost Sunday would mean that we couldn't fit in all our remaining matches(assuming we make the cup final).

Ironically had we been at home today it would've been off as it hasnt stopped raining since yesterday afternoon.

First visit to Leicester today... a very impressive new facility.

Too early to judge the track yet, let's see what it's like next season.

All the best

Rob

i've been to leicester twice this season. my first visit against somerset was pretty poor but the second match v. workington was a decent meeting. if this venue was in the london/south east area i wouldn't be complaining. my three nearest tracks are lakeside, rye house and eastbourne, all small and tricky. :rolleyes:

I'm afraid I didn't enjoy that one bit.

Leicester really do need to get the track sorted, even with the best imagination in the world, I think you must agree a racetrack it ain't.

So you didn't notice the rain then? :unsure:

So you didn't notice the rain then? :unsure:

What rain ? I've got sunburn . thank god I've got a full head of hair . otherwise the top of my head would have got burned as well

What rain ? I've got sunburn . thank god I've got a full head of hair . otherwise the top of my head would have got burned as well

Well being as you admit you never go to Leicester you wouldn't have seen the downpours that happened during the meeting. Now go back to posting under Tsuespeedilywhipsjim..........

The quicker the BSPA bring back qualifiers the better,cuts out all this we deserve to be there.

With the finals on a neutral RACE track aswell. OMG this was a borefest.

Well being as you admit you never go to Leicester you wouldn't have seen the downpours that happened during the meeting. Now go back to posting under Tsuespeedilywhipsjim..........

I readily admit to never going to leicester ( notice the lower case L great way of having a subtle dig ) I do however live not too far away ( I'm not saying that to try to claim any impartiality by the way it's a fact ) so as i never saw any rain . I must assume you are making it up as a cover for yet another disaster of your own making .

I readily admit to never going to leicester ( notice the lower case L great way of having a subtle dig ) I do however live not too far away ( I'm not saying that to try to claim any impartiality by the way it's a fact ) so as i never saw any rain . I must assume you are making it up as a cover for yet another disaster of your own making .

Yep it was rained off because it was a fantastically sunny evening. Maybe you didn't see any rain as you were stood under your bridge waiting for another victim to try to come by you? At least our riders don't have to cheat to win.

Been to Leicester once, terrible quality of racing, from the gate every race bar 1 from 15 heats.

Sorry to be negative but that is the way it is. The locals said it was follow the leader most meetings.

Great stadium but it is the racing that ultimately counts whether people come back.

Yep it was rained off because it was a fantastically sunny evening. Maybe you didn't see any rain as you were stood under your bridge waiting for another victim to try to come by you? At least our riders don't have to cheat to win.

Theres no need for them to cheat . THe Bspa make the rules up to suit them . seeded into the meeting , home track advantage , Pick whatever riders they want regardless of the cutoff date . if they got caught riding 750 twins the Bspa would change the rules so the any team from leicester called the lions could use 750 Twins .(see that . 2 lower case L's double dig)

Edited by speedibee

3rd time at Leicester and by far the worst (regardless of the rain)... £20 for 12 gate and go heats...lots of fannying around and poor presentation... And to top it off... my white shoes were ruined :rolleyes:

Seriously wish we had stuck with our original plan of going straight home from Plymouth :sad:

Now you know why I don't bother and I only live a few miles away. I've been 3 times so far and the racing has been rubbish but you're not really allowed to criticise the track because some on here get all protective and irritable. :lol:

Not only the track, of course. I wonder if some of those people have a vested interest.

The rain can't have helped, but it's debatable whether the racing would have been much better even in perfect conditions. There is only so much they can do when a track takes such a soaking. However, on the other side of the fence, in a stadium supposedly built for the 21st century, no spectator should be expected to put up with the disgusting mudbath on the corners, especially at these admission prices. It is taking the pee to then expect those same people to pay what is effectively full price again for the restaging of the 12 heat final. Maybe they'll make it 16 heats so they can fleece us for a new programme too.

The presentation was ordinary at best. Spectators aren't interested in inane banter between Popple and the man in the box. The show isn't about them. Their job is to keep us informed and entertained, even during long delays. It is lazy to simply play endless music. Popple should be seeking out riders etc to interview, not just running for cover when it rains. They should be prepared, but they clearly weren't. Popple didn't even know the semis were being run alternate race by race rather than one semi after the other.

Yesterday showed that Leicester isn't yet fit to stage a big meeting if it rains. Interestingly, the Leicester Mercury said the capacity for the 4s was 4,000, not the 5,000 of the opening night, so it appears the capacity was originally set too high. They desperately need to improve the standing areas if they hope to attract such numbers.