British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
DutchGrasstrack

Dutch & Belgian 2011 News

Thanks for posting the results, saves me the work :D haha.

Was a good meeting. Lots of passing and close racing. Not a very big crowd (300-400 people I think) though. David Bellego should do well in the PL, quality rider and super fast. He arrived late in Zolder because he had to do a grasstrack meeting in soutern France on the evening before, so he did 4 practice laps in the pooring rain just before the meeting and already made a super impression.

well today was the 3rd round of the DSF Club Championship (6 rounds) in Lelystad. Excellent weather and track held up quite well. Sadly not alot riders, which is a real shame. In my opinion every KNMV licensed rider have to race a few of these meetings. Just to keep the club (financialy) and the sport a live. Anyway, see below for the results.

Seniors:

1. Wim Kennis

2. Jesper Veldhuizen

3. Jack Drenthe

Nationals:

1. Robert-Jan Bangma

2. Nico Eijbergen

3. Kevin Glorie

4. Glenn Haex

David is now looking for a spot in UK,he can come over anytime and wants to stop grasstrack to only focus on speedway.He continues his progress,scoring well on every kind of tracks,always giving 100% and he really wants to improve his skills on technical english tracks.So,if some promotors see that...:D

Check out this video of him (1st june at Lamothe-Landerron)beating Olly Allen,Stuart Robson,Théo Pijper and others ;)

Sorry for my bad english :D

David is now looking for a spot in UK,he can come over anytime and wants to stop grasstrack to only focus on speedway.He continues his progress,scoring well on every kind of tracks,always giving 100% and he really wants to improve his skills on technical english tracks.So,if some promotors see that...:D

Check out this video of him (1st june at Lamothe-Landerron)beating Olly Allen,Stuart Robson,Théo Pijper and others ;)

Sorry for my bad english :D

Agreed, David did look very good, in the french nationals, did very well, and to get promoted into main meeting, didnt struggle at all, and is a very friendly lad aswell.

Results from Dutch Open, Round 2, at Lelystad (10/07/2011)

Speedway A

1. Jannick de Jong (3 3 3 3) 12

2. Henry van der Steen (3 2 3 3) 11

3. Jeffrey Woortman (2 3 1 2) 8

4. Pascal Swart (3 3 2 1) 9

5. Nick Lourens (1 2 2 2) 7

6. Thomas Sorensen (2 0 3 3) 8

7. Sjoerd Rozenberg (2 1 1 2) 6

8. Raymon Woortman (0 1 2 1) 4

9. Henk Koonstra (1 1 1 1) 4

10. Randy Oldenziel (1 2 x x) 3

11. Wim Kennis (0 0 0 0) 0

12. Lars Zandvliet (x x x x) 0

Speedway B

1. Jack Drenthe (3 2 3 3) 11

2. Kai Dorenkamp (3 3 2 3) 11

3. Nico Eijbergen (1 2 2 2) 7

4. Robert-Jan Bangma (2 1 1 2) 6

5. Kelly Velda (2 1 1 1) 5

6. Andy ter Schuur (x 3 3 x) 6

7. Siebe van Dekken (3 x 1 0) 4

8. Richard Koppies (1 0 2 1) 4

9. Kasper Woudberg (0 0 0 x) 0

The results may look a bit wierd (point totals), but these are the final results after the finals.

I have broken my leg in training on the 2nd of July at Lelystad :(. Spend 4 days in hospital and got my legged pinned. Out for the rest of the season sadly.

The 3rd round of the Dutch Speedway championship today in Veenoord got called off because of the rain. Such a shame because the club is only allowed to run 2 speedway meetings per year on that place so there is no chance on a rerun there. Good news is that Blijham is going to stage another round of the Dutch championship later this year, on 11 september.

I have broken my leg in training on the 2nd of July at Lelystad :(. Spend 4 days in hospital and got my legged pinned. Out for the rest of the season sadly.

Sorry to hear that :sad:

Sorry to hear that news Jesper.

Obviously rules out a ride at the Golden Helmet meeting at Zolder, but may be we'll see you there in a spectating capacity instead. Hope things heal up quickly for you, and your not off the bike for too long. See you in September.....maybe?

Provisional lineup for the Golden Helmet meeting in Heusden-Zolder (Belgium) on the 4th of September.

1. Peter Juul Larsen (DK)

2. Piotr Dziatkowiak (PL)

3. Nick Lourens (NL)

4. tba

5. Wim Kennis (BEL)

6. Viktor Golubovsky (RUS)

7. Randy Oldenziel (NL)

8. Milen Manev (BUL)

9. Jeffrey Woortman (NL)

10. Tomasz Piszcz (PL)

11. Max Dilger (D)

12. Lee Geary (GB)

13. Niclas Nielsen (DK)

14. David Bellego (F)

15. Jannick de Jong (NL)

16. Sam Woods (GB)

National Class:

17. Jeremy Dupuy (F)

18. Bert Berckmans (BEL)

19. Ben Holloway (GB)

20. Robert-Jan Bangma (NL)

21. Bertjan Bos (NL)

22. Lars Zandvliet (NL)

23. Florent du Roure (F)

24. Jez Pestell (GB)

25. Sjors de Jonge (NL)

26. Benoit Lorenzon (F)

27. John Bernard (F)

28. Willy Kennis (BEL)

Edited by DutchGrasstrack

Im travelling to Cloppenberg Speedway on Saturday 3rd September,and Im hoping to make the Golden Helmet meeting at Heusden-Zolder on the Sunday.

Just hope the weather stays fine. :D

Does anyone know if there is a meeting at Lelysted on Sunday & if so what time does it start as we are making our way back from a 3 week tour of Sweden in our camper and would love to attend a Dutch meeting

Yes, there is a club meeting on sunday in Lelystad. The meeting starts at 12.15, the practice is at 11.00. Don't expect big names or something there, mostly there are classic riders, kids on 125cc and a few 500cc riders on modern bikes.

Thanks for the reply, have not made our minds up on what to do on weekend yet. We would have gone to the GP but it is sold out & we did not plan the trip until about six weeks ago.

Thanks for the reply, have not made our minds up on what to do on weekend yet. We would have gone to the GP but it is sold out & we did not plan the trip until about six weeks ago.

You could go to Sidderburen grasstrack Saturday in NL. It's the Lester Goodwin memorial meeting and has a very good line up in the sidecar class with solo support classes.