British Speedway Forum

Great pity as he is a good prospect.maybe he will do another year in Denmark instead? :cheers:

This is all so confusing about Cameron Heeps, you read this you read that and nothing is clear. My angle on this is, he is only 15 years old and still classed as a child, so there are huge problems regarding his visa. My guess is he will not ride for Mildenhall this season or anyone else in the UK. Conjecture that he will take Harts place at reserve :party: for the Witches is a wonderful idea and I for one would applaud that greatly. But I fear this will not happen as riders in the premier league need to be 16 years old :(

There are obviously problems getting Camerons paperwork sorted out, and as someone else pointed out, if Cameron has partality then he shouldnt need a visa, I think Mildenhall obviously jumped the gun when announcing the signing of the Boy, which i guess was easy to do with all the lateness of them getting accepted into the NL and all of that.

Says on facebook that he's flying out tonight and will be at Mildenhall on Sunday, but doesn't say if he's riding or not.Hope he's set for the meeting at Rye House on the 11th. :approve:

There are obviously problems getting Camerons paperwork sorted out, and as someone else pointed out, if Cameron has partality then he shouldnt need a visa, I think Mildenhall obviously jumped the gun when announcing the signing of the Boy, which i guess was easy to do with all the lateness of them getting accepted into the NL and all of that.

I got somewhat confused here because Jayne Moss (for one) says he can't ride in the NL.

This is what the law says:

UK ancestry visas are for Commonwealth citizens with a grandparent who was born in the United Kingdom (UK), the Channel Islands, or the Isle of Man. This visa is also referred to as a British ancestry visa, or a UK patriality visa. If your grandparent was born in Ireland before 31 March 1922, the year of partition, you may also be eligible.

Eligibility requirements for the UK ancestry visa

Your grandparent can be from either side of your family. You may also be eligible for a UK ancestry visa if you are adopted, or if the parent through whom you are claiming ancestry was adopted.

The main criterion is that you are willing and able to work. It is advantageous, but not necessary, to have a firm offer of employment in the UK.

To qualify for a UK ancestry visa, you must also satisfy the following criteria:

• You are a Commonwealth citizen,

• you have a grandparent who was born in the UK,

you are 17 years of age or older, and• you are able to work and intent to seek employment or self-employment in the UK.

This is what speedway regulations say:

Addendum to The 2011 Speedway Regulations Issue date: 30th March 2011

17.9 A NATIONAL DEVELOPMENT LEAGUE Team’s initial Declaration will consist of a squad of 8 Riders, of whom the highest 7 Riders by CMA must not exceed 40.00 points with the 8th Rider’s CMA not exceeding that of the lowest Rider in the top 7.

17.9.1 It must also not exceed 40.00 points when re-declared (permanent or temporary) except where the CMA of the introduced Rider is equal to, or lower than the Rider being replaced.

17.9.2 Team Declarations may include:

17.9.2.1 Any Rider with a PL CMA of 6.00 or below at the start of the Season, provided they are not in a declared PL 1 – 7.

17.9.2.2 Any current PL Rider under 25 years-old with a CMA of 5.00 or below at the start of the Season.

17.9.2.3 Only one Rider over 30 years old, unless that Rider continues to ride for the same team as in the previous season.

17.9.3 All Riders must hold a UK Passport or have UK Patriality.

17.9.4 A Rider taken out of a Team cannot be re-introduced into that Team within 14 days.

17.9.5 Where a Rider has both a previous PL & NL CMA, the highest will apply.

17.9.6 Where a Rider is declared in both a PL & NL Team, then if the NL Team pays a Loan Fee, the NL Team shall have 1st call on the Rider, otherwise the PL Team have priority, except that a PL Rider nominated for the NLRC must appear in the NLRC.

17.9.7 It is mandatory for Riders to appear in the NL 4TT, NL BP & NLRC; Riders will be suspended from their next 2 Home Meetings in contravention, subject to MC confirmation.

So presumably for him to ride he must be a UK passport holder, because you can't qualify for patriality until you are 17.

Edited by Halifaxtiger

Says on facebook that he's flying out tonight and will be at Mildenhall on Sunday, but doesn't say if he's riding or not.Hope he's set for the meeting at Rye House on the 11th. :approve:

Fen Tigers website just announced that he is on his way over but some doubt over whether he will ride on Sunday.

Very very sad that Mildenhall are developing yet another Australian. No matter what anyone states that is where he was born and he will exploit the British development system. So wrong and shame on Mildenhall.

Very very sad that Mildenhall are developing yet another Australian. No matter what anyone states that is where he was born and he will exploit the British development system. So wrong and shame on Mildenhall.

I'd be interested to know how he is eligible first :unsure:

I disagree, though. I think there is a place for foreign riders (not just Australians) in the NL but that it should be limited to a maximum of one per team. For that reason, I think Heeps should be allowed to ride no matter what.

What you have to remember is that some NL clubs rely completely on the gates they pull in and are not there to create assets for the senior side. Its therefore a question of what clubs gain and what development loses and personally I think that it is worth the potential loss of 10 places for the entertainment these foreigners provide.

I'd be interested to know how he is eligible first :unsure:

I disagree, though. I think there is a place for foreign riders (not just Australians) in the NL but that it should be limited to a maximum of one per team. For that reason, I think Heeps should be allowed to ride no matter what.

What you have to remember is that some NL clubs rely completely on the gates they pull in and are not there to create assets for the senior side. Its therefore a question of what clubs gain and what development loses and personally I think that it is worth the potential loss of 10 places for the entertainment these foreigners provide.

We will have to politely agree to disagree. There is no room whatsoever for non full British riders in the British National Development League. We must strive to develop our own talent.

We will have to politely agree to disagree. There is no room whatsoever for non full British riders in the British National Development League. We must strive to develop our own talent.

Well you can disagree with me as well ! :unsure:

Mildenhall have 6 british riders in thier side and as a paying customer every week (which I am guessing you are not) I am more than happy to see an up and coming aussie as the 7th member, if he is anywhere near the rider that Dakota North and Taylor Poole have been in previous seasons then he will add to the entertainment and also to the crowd numbers.

Very idealistic to want all British riders in the NL, but 1) there aint enough good ones, 2)in a multi cultural society that we live in then it aint ethically correct and for all I know possibly not even legal to discriminate on the grounds of country of birth, 3)as paying customers we want to see the best we can for our hard earnt cash.

This is of course assuming he is eligible ! Which I have absolutely no idea about,I am sure that sooner or later a decision will be made, hopefully sooner rather than later.

Edited by 2ndbendpostie

Mildenhall have 6 british riders in thier side and as a paying customer every week (which I am guessing you are not) I am more than happy to see an up and coming aussie as the 7th member, if he is anywhere near the rider that Dakota North and Taylor Poole have been in previous seasons then he will add to the entertainment and also to the crowd numbers.

Very idealistic to want all British riders in the NL, but 1) there aint enough good ones, 2)in a multi cultural society that we live in then it aint ethically correct and for all I know possibly not even legal to discriminate on the grounds of country of birth, 3)as paying customers we want to see the best we can for our hard earnt cash.

This is of course assuming he is eligible ! Which I have absolutely no idea about,I am sure that sooner or later a decision will be made, hopefully sooner rather than later.

Forgive me but what a load of rubbish. Ethics does not even come into it and it is perfectly legal to discriminate on the grounds of country of birth. Why do you think foreign riders need visas? Foreign riders cannot ride in the National League. Read the rule book before making such ill informed posts. I am a paying fan and thankfully my team has 7 British riders.

Edited by roguetrader

i could never work that taylor poole one out,came in NL on a 3 and he had british passport yet when he went to stoke,he didnt have one........????

Edited by montie

i could never work that taylor poole on out,came in NL on a 3 and he had british passport yet wehn he went to stoke,he didnt have one........????

Taylor Poole rode ilegally in the National League. He has no British passport and no patriality.