British Speedway Forum

We guessed with a name like Brenton he must be an Aussie haha .............. Brendon then could have gone Brit or Aus :) Looked stylish and accomplished on track.

I didn't know Brenton was over there as well; a good young prospect - and he's from Mildura!

He was in our Aussie Solos comp but busted his arm in the first leg at Kurri Kurri: great to hear he's OK. Only a little older than Cam.

He was very impressive I thought - young Brenton, that is. Looked to have the same sort of speed as Alex Davies, just not quite as sharp out of the start.

Brenton's had the advantage of attending a fair few of Leigh's training schools; could account for his stylishness, d'you reckon? Another young Victorian to watch out for in the coming years is Max Fricke - another mini-Leigh.

Brenton's had the advantage of attending a fair few of Leigh's training schools; could account for his stylishness, d'you reckon? Another young Victorian to watch out for in the coming years is Max Fricke - another mini-Leigh.

With a name like Barnfield he's made for the Norfolk Arena?! :rolleyes:

I didn't know Brenton was over there as well; a good young prospect - and he's from Mildura!

He was in our Aussie Solos comp but busted his arm in the first leg at Kurri Kurri: great to hear he's OK. Only a little older than Cam.

He was very impressive I thought - young Brenton, that is. Looked to have the same sort of speed as Alex Davies, just not quite as sharp out of the start.

Thought he looked very good, quicker and tidier than Heeps and more physically developed.

EDIT That was Baggy by the way :rolleyes:

Edited by Jenn

Saw Heeps last night in the second half at Lynn, looks a tidy little rider although perhaps the weight of expectation being placed on his shoulders by aljack with regards to the Witches next year might be a little unrealistic.

Watch this space in 2012 and also watch Cameron Heeps at no 6 for the Witches. Remember Bagpuss where you heard it first :cheers:

more physically developed.

That's a different way of saying he's a bigger bloke than Cameron :)

Watch this space in 2012 and also watch Cameron Heeps at no 6 for the Witches.

Be better if he can get a ride for this year!? Hoping the powers that be can work out what visa he needs and has are one in the same from what being said :t::unsure:

I think that is the crux of the matter. Perhaps what it needs is a compulsory place in each NL team for an U16 competitor and a compulsory place in PL one for a British NL rider with a maximum age limit.

A few years ago I would have agreed with you. That was before I became aware of the number of young riders who would plead in the speedway star for a PL place and moan about not getting a chance but fail to mention they had previously turned down the offer of a PL place with northern clubs (the *real* north I mean!).

its a great idea in principal but in practice it would never work and all you would do is further open up the north south divide

Be better if he can get a ride for this year!? Hoping the powers that be can work out what visa he needs and has are one in the same from what being said :t::unsure:

its a forged birth cert he would need as has already been pointed out quite a few times. He doesnt turn 16 until the end of October so wont be turning out for the Witches or any other PL club

A few years ago I would have agreed with you. That was before I became aware of the number of young riders who would plead in the speedway star for a PL place and moan about not getting a chance but fail to mention they had previously turned down the offer of a PL place with northern clubs (the *real* north I mean!).

its a great idea in principal but in practice it would never work and all you would do is further open up the north south divide

Def something has got to change throughout British speedway...for the British riders to have a chance. These amateur leagues are brilliant for the upcoming youth. However, unless they're really smokin' the opposition there does not seem to be a chance of development further than NL although a few do make it.

its a forged birth cert he would need as has already been pointed out quite a few times. He doesnt turn 16 until the end of October so wont be turning out for the Witches or any other PL club

Can't he still ride in NL under the visa he has got...which makes him British...so I've been told!?

So is he old enough for a PL place?

In terms of Cameron To be fair if you need a Visa you are not British there is no such thing as the next best thing. You can hold what is called a patriality/Ancestry Visa (grand parents, but not until you are 17. this does not entiltle you to full British Nationality as that has to be your parents (EG Rob Branford)

... In the meantime fair play to the lads both brenton and Cameron are turning out in Amateur meetings and second halves and gaining track knowledge and experience. Although, from what I saw of Brenton yesterday at Buxton he could do with a little more competition, no disrespect to the other riders on track at the time, he was managing very well with the track, which was a little tricky yesterday, but sometimes with no or little competition you can look good. Maybe like Cameron he could do with entering 1 or 2 of the Amateur championships where he may meet more opposition. I'm affraid I haven't seen Cameron. Even though he is not allowed to ride in the NL Could he maybe he be included in the Dudley Golden Hammer to see how he goes or one of the many individual challenges which take place?, at the risk of leaving a Brit out. Riders always look a lot different, as has been said when you are being challenged by 3 other riders.

Edited by TMW

Just out of interst is there anymore Aussie who look really good and have not come over to England yet?