British Speedway Forum
Ghostwalker

Allsvenskan Live On The Net

Sentiments along these lines have been posted on here probably hundreds if not thousands of times. :neutral: Nothing changes though.Not quite sure about the wave of talent from Russia.We had the big hype about 4 or 5 years ago and they certainly lived above their means back then.The crowds might have stayed healthy,but the league had become something of a shambles.And even the talent seems to be changing alleigance.Just have to have followed Grigori's attempts to become a Latvian and Loktaev for instance becoming a Ukrainian.Something is not quite right.In fact i think you will probably find that the people running speedway in both Russia and Ukraine make the BSPA look good.where there is money and civic power there is corruption.A couple of the Mega Lada bigwigs have been bumped off i think.And there was big trouble at Trofimovs club in Ukraine trying to oust him.....Having said that i do like the look of both Loktaev and Bogdanow when i have seen them.Not of course that Bogdanow is Russian

It was easy to know where they were from in the days of Igor Plechanov when there was this big red and yellow hammer and sickle on their breastplate.:lol: The recent World Under 21 Team Final, of which i saw the first five heats, was very impressive from every point of view. Stadium, crowd, organisation, and the Russian and Ukranian riders.

I guess 20 years on from the fall of communism it is still a pretty lawless society and the examples you give are symptomatic of the society at large. We shall see how it all unfolds. Speedway and all.

Best Wishes. Alan.

It is totally understandable that riders want to maximise their earnings over a six month season but with half-baked teams being tracked to the detriment of the paying public, the UK has to change it's act. Poland and Sweden are the model, and Denmark lives within it's means- and good for all of them. Regards. Alan.

Think you are being a bit harsh on the U.K. Promoters Alan.

You have to remember that the majority of stadia where Speedway is staged, the clubs are tenants at the mercy of their landlords.

Where Speedway shares the facilities with others (Greyhounds, Football, Stockcars, etc.), if you were to restrict all EL racing to one specific day of the week, it is likely that some clubs would not be able to run outwith their current raceday.

The difficulties are compounded by the highly restrictive planning laws in the UK which often limit location, running times, and actual days. These restrictions also hinder youth development.

Unlike other countries where Speedway is encouraged by their authorities (including financial assistance, UK Officialdom sometimes appears to be on a witch hunt to exterminate the sport here.

Operating in such a hostile climate, it is no secret that most Promoters are in it for the love of the sport and subsidise its running.

Rather than consolidate on a single race day, I wonder if the EL clubs will instead forego the top level foreigners and cut their cloth accordingly.

"Rather than consolidate on a single race day, I wonder if the EL clubs will instead forego the top level foreigners and cut their cloth accordingly."

One or the other because you can't have both and call it "Elite"

I believe you need a shake-up akin to that which has occurred in Rugby League. A complete rethinking and rebranding because it's dying on its feet compared to Sweden and Poland. I think you could run an "Elite" competition on a single night with 9 home and 9 away meetings plus playoffs and have viable "Domestic" speedway on other nights.People know the stars cost money and will pay accordingly to see them. But the attitude in Britain is always, first and foremost why it won't work, rather than "Let's give it a whirl"

Regards. Alan.

Smederna wants to replace Pulcynski brothers and Gunnestad.

I can agree on Emil and Kamil but i definitely want to keep Gunnestad.

Smederna want to bring in Alex Edberg and Ricky Kling.

Ricky's average is way to high compared to the points he contributes with.

Gunnestad perhaps have had a particular good season but i think he improved during the second half of the season and

i think he has allot of potential. besides he almost managed to keep the same average level as he started the season on.

He has went from 1,087 to 0,956 which is ok for the first season in Allsvenskan.

Although i agree on that he needs more meetings then only Allsvenskan

If i am entitled to dream I would like the following:

1. Henrik Karlsson
  2. Linus Eklöf
  3. Daniel Henderson
  4. Alexander Edberg
  5. Rasmus Eklöf
  6. Daniel Gunnestad
  7. Rasmus Eklöf or a new rider, Jacob Thorssell or Timo Lahti perhaps? ;)
  8. Kenni Larsen
  9. Rasmus Broberg can be included outside the regular 8 riders as his average will remain at 0,5 since
    he only have ridden 15 heats (16 heat is required for a new average)

Guestriders:

1. THJ
  2. Zorro
  3. Ricky Kling or Jacob Thorssell or Rasmus EKlöf

if you look at Smedernas squad this season 4 riders with an average higher then 0,5 that can be removed:

1. Emil Pulcynski 2,334
  2. Kamil Pulcynski 2,334
  3. Robert Henderson 1.000
  4. Jimmy Jansson 0,652

Some really good news though that Smederna will finish the season with a 100'000 kr profit (£9446 / $14580 / €10822 / 48391 Polish Zloty)

http://folket.se/sportfolket/1.1193415

Edited by Ghostwalker

Smederna's first lineups for this season:

1. Magnus Zetterström,

2. Linus Eklöf,

3. Peter Karlsson,

4. Ricky Kling,

5. Kenni Larsen,

6. Stefan Hurtig,

7. Daniel Henderson.

http://ekuriren.se/s...rnas-premiarlag

Hopefully we will be able to watch it :t: . Regards. Alan.

the meeting between Örnarna and Ikaros Smederna tomorrow have been postponed due to rain,

its been raining all day and more rain is expected tomorrow

the meeting between Örnarna and Ikaros Smederna tomorrow have been postponed due to rain,

its been raining all day and more rain is expected tomorrow

:cry: Best Wishes. Alan

GREAT NEWS.

Common sense has prevailed. Pencil in your Thursdays ladies and gentlemen !

http://www.speedwayallsvenskan.se/

Sad we won't see Smederna but let's hope the rain gods bless the other two matches.

Join you then. :lol::t::drink: Alan.

Edited by brandonbee48

Unfortunately i have to work today so i will miss Allsvenskan. My main hope for those that watch, and most of all the spectators, track staff and riders, is that we get the two remaining meetings on. :t: Enjoy. Alan.

Masarna V rospiggarna...................OFF according to twitter

And here for the Griparna meeting as well

http://www.speedwayallsvenskan.se/

Thanks for posting this.Though today i can't join you. However the season is yet young. Best. Alan.

£4 to watch. i would pay but will rain screw this 1 as well

Its not looking good for this weeks meetings either. Several low pressures with rain are expected to make its way up over

southern Sweden during the second half of this week.

I ams so tired of all this rain stuff, i was looking forward to a motor Thursday with

sprint rally at Eskilstuna folkrace track and then speedway at the evening.