British Speedway Forum
willp

Dudley Heathens Vs. Belle Vue Colts

Ok sorry, i thought i read it was a KOC match, my mistake.

Junior

It was a KO Cup match

Whoops :oops:

Apologies!

Two questions, surely Belle Vue have been disadvataged by having the meeting stopped,couldnt the fence have been fixed,

secondly how can Morris still be credited with a max when he was the rider excluded.

Not the first time this has happened this year.

Junior

Don't tell him Bob, he could be a cop!!

Hahah, how did you know 21st ?? anyways mate thanks for the updates superb effort, thats what updates are for, not everyone can get to meetings, so i got my laptop out in my break time, and checked how we were doing, good effort from the guys, all to play for up in Manchester, hopefully i will be there this time.

Kyles 'mysterious' fall in HT13 was caused by a chain coming off.

Not quite how Id hoped it would go for Dudley,but hey,a wins a win.I sincerely hope that those taking falls are ok today,if a little sore.

If I ever find a way to travel that distance so quick,I will let you know Greyhoundp!!

Still had a good night meeting up with some Plymouth Speedway fans on Poole Quay.Good pint,good food and excellent company.Its tough,but someone had to do it!! :cheers:

Kyle Howarth broken collarbone, massive blow for the Colts as he is on 6.61 average but been averaging 10.88 this season. What are the NL rules, R/R or guests?

With Kyle in team think Colts would have overturned the 6 points in the 2nd leg no problem but could be a struggle now.

Kyle Howarth broken collarbone, massive blow for the Colts as he is on 6.61 average but been averaging 10.88 this season. What are the NL rules, R/R or guests?

With Kyle in team think Colts would have overturned the 6 points in the 2nd leg no problem but could be a struggle now.

Thats bad news for young Kyle, no guest allowed if hes not number 1 in the averages so will be R/R - I agree that with Kyle it would have been a tough task for the heathens to hold onto a 6 point lead but if your running R/R that could just tip it in our favour. A real shame for the meeting to end that way last night but it was a cracking nights entertainment,anybody refusing to attend national league meetings because they think there is a lack of quality really doesnt know what they are missing :nono:

Good news, just been told by the club they don't think Kyle has broken collarbone just badly bruised.

Also very good news for us at Edinburgh if it's not broken, as he's been a revelation since joining us... Friday may come too soon for him though if it's badly bruised...

He is due to guest for Stoke on Saturday, so I hope he's ok!

Curfew close and fence not been fixable in time maybe?

Yep. Fence was in a hell of a mess but, hey, it did its job and both riders live to fight another day. For those who were not there it was one of those dreaded instant silence moments; it looked an absolutely awful smash. So pleased that both appeared to have got away more or less intact.

Terrific meeting. Full credit to both teams. :approve:

...how can Morris still be credited with a max when he was the rider excluded.

I don't know what the official report will show for a fact, but I would guess that his disclusion from heat 15 will not be in the records as the meeting was abandoned. The result was declared by the meeting referee after 14 heats. At that point Ash had recorded four wins from four rides and therefore had secured his maximum before the abandonment.

Curfew close and fence not been fixable in time maybe?

Spot on. There was a minimum of half and hour's work there I reckon. From the first part of the air fence on turn 3 to the apex of 3/4 was completely deflated and the posts relocated by the force of the crash.

...anyways mate thanks for the updates superb effort...

No prob.

Kyles 'mysterious' fall in HT13 was caused by a chain coming off.

Ahh that explains that one. Cheers.

...if your running R/R that could just tip it in our favour.

Not in my opinion. One ride for Bekker, one for McKinna and two for Garrity. If Howarth needs a time out for a couple of weeks or so then I think the Colts can cope at home. Could be more difficult if he misses any away meetings though.

Good news, just been told by the club they don't think Kyle has broken collarbone just badly bruised.

Excellent news. :approve: I was quite concerned that it could have been quite a severe shoulder injury given that they took so long to move him and used a stretcher and Ambulance. Quite unusual for a shoulder injury. Great news if it turns out there's no significant injury.

Also very good news for us at Edinburgh if it's not broken, as he's been a revelation since joining us... Friday may come too soon for him though if it's badly bruised...

He is due to guest for Stoke on Saturday, so I hope he's ok!

I would be amazed if either were able to get on a bike this week to be honest. It was a high speed crash. I can only recall two crashes at Monmore of this kind that were anything like this. Skornicki's crash a couple of years ago that screwed up his knee, and Stekkers perhaps 15 years ago.

It's a true testament to air fences that both seem to have escaped serious injury. They have their faults but in this type of crash they are worth every penny and are potential life-savers.

Attended my first national league fixture of the year last night,I normally watch elite but decided to give it a try.I was very impressed,good crowd,good atmosphere and excellent racing,the Morris/Garrity race was worth the trip alone,two racers going at it for 4 laps with Morris taking a brave outside line to take the win.Im personally not a fan of the new silencers so for me this was how speedway should be.Looking forward to my next fix of national league.

Attended my first national league fixture of the year last night,I normally watch elite but decided to give it a try.I was very impressed,good crowd,good atmosphere and excellent racing,the Morris/Garrity race was worth the trip alone,two racers going at it for 4 laps with Morris taking a brave outside line to take the win.Im personally not a fan of the new silencers so for me this was how speedway should be.Looking forward to my next fix of national league.

Totally agree with your comments about the Morris/Garrity race, and Ht 12 was another cracker with Kyle Howarth and Tom Perry. I think in Ht 14 anything could have happened but both riders showed respect for each other holding lines where required and that race was worth the admission money alone. Hopefully the crowd saw Jason in a different light from last year and I think from the way the boys went round the track after the finish, they enjoyed it. Not sure if the crowd was the normal size since I have nothing to judge it by with it being my 1st time at a NL match at Wolves but I am sure all NL promoters would be happy with that size crowd every week.