British Speedway Forum

Hefenbrock wasnt in the Top 3 CMA's for Somerset on June the 1st so he wont be allowed to ride. It'll be 2 of McGowan, Gathercole and Masters for the Rebels.

Damn :\ Gotta be Cory then

Pairs meetings are traditionally 7 pairs, 21 heats, so why not have two semi-finals using the traditional meeting format, top three from each qualify plus highest scoring 4th placed team.

debbie hancok and somerset and bspa must be rubbing hands together because newportwasps would have won the pairs i think somerset are running now because newport got a very good team

How this can be called Premier League Pairs is beyond me.There has to be a formula to allow ALL teams to particpate ,typical BSPA cheapest option will do fine.The old NL Pairs had all the teams all be it a couple of bad rides and you were eliminated,but at least you could be sure there would be supporters from all tracks.

How this can be called Premier League Pairs is beyond me.There has to be a formula to allow ALL teams to particpate ,typical BSPA cheapest option will do fine.The old NL Pairs had all the teams all be it a couple of bad rides and you were eliminated,but at least you could be sure there would be supporters from all tracks.

Of course there is but when has the BSPA ever made sense,why not seed say the top 6 teams through then have every other team represented in a mini meeting.That way every team gets a shot at qualifying,and not like it is at the minute where quite how some teams have qualified is rather baffling.

For example,how on earth can it be that Newport arent there.I accept they have strengthened their team quite recently but with their top 4 riders who could make a decent pair that could win this meeting.

Edited by screm

Here we go again :mad: , another farce :nono: , a great big fix , :mad:

Why? Glasgow weren't allowed to use Joe Screen last year for the same reason Gjedde(and Newport)are out this year.

Ironically I seem to remember a whole load of complaints on this forum the year Craig Watson took part for Glasgow without having ridden a match for us. The BSPA cant win!!! Don't necessarily agree with it but at least they're consistent, not a usual BSPA trait.

In fact a spate of rain offs cost us qualification for the fours, as Screeny didn't do his 8 matches in time, so Wasps beware, the same could happen again!!!

Why? Glasgow weren't allowed to use Joe Screen last year for the same reason Gjedde(and Newport)are out this year.

Ironically I seem to remember a whole load of complaints on this forum the year Craig Watson took part for Glasgow without having ridden a match for us. The BSPA cant win!!! Don't necessarily agree with it but at least they're consistent, not a usual BSPA trait.

In fact a spate of rain offs cost us qualification for the fours, as Screeny didn't do his 8 matches in time, so Wasps beware, the same could happen again!!!

Agree,but two wrongs dont make a right.It was wrong with Screen last year and its equally unfair on Newport this,and its not just with the inclusion of Gjedde,Lanham and Doyle are as just as good.

Absolutely agree, every club should be represented. Someone's already posted a format that could work, so it's surely not impossible to include everyone. And at least fans will know if their team is involved in advance if nothing else.. 2 weeks before and we finally have an idea of who will be there, can't be helped if that's how the qualification process works but still.. at least most people will have accomodation sorted by now for the GP but it's still not ideal IMO..

Absolutely agree, every club should be represented. Someone's already posted a format that could work, so it's surely not impossible to include everyone. And at least fans will know if their team is involved in advance if nothing else.. 2 weeks before and we finally have an idea of who will be there, can't be helped if that's how the qualification process works but still.. at least most people will have accomodation sorted by now for the GP but it's still not ideal IMO..

Its all about giving everyone a chance,and a fair crack at winning one of the top meetings in the PL.My own team,Berwick,isnt there and I can like with that,but if we were in the meeting along with everyone else and werent good enough to qualify then at leat we had a chance.

But there you go,the BSPA knows best. :unsure:

Edited by screm

debbie hancok and somerset and bspa must be rubbing hands together because newportwasps would have won the pairs i think somerset are running now because newport got a very good team

Leave the Hancocks out of this as it is nothing to do with Somerset other than it is staged at their track. It is a BSPA event and their crazy rules go!

Calm down folks. I'm no lover of the BSPA but if we're all going to slag them off at least come up with some workable alternatives. It would obviously be better to have all teams represented but realistically there are a maximum number of heats any meeting can run.

Also remember the riders in this. Any system which has riders potentially only getting 2 rides each will then have other problems with riders not thinking it cost effective and then pulling out. You would all be quick to jump on the backs of the BSPA if teams turned up under strength. Would anyone really travel miles to see their team ride 2 heats only?

I attended the event last year and really enjoyed it, mainly down to Josh Auty who was sensational. There must have been 4,000 people there so it can't all be that bad.

Edited by NJC71

Of course there is but when has the BSPA ever made sense,why not seed say the top 6 teams through then have every other team represented in a mini meeting.That way every team gets a shot at qualifying,and not like it is at the minute where quite how some teams have qualified is rather baffling.

For example,how on earth can it be that Newport arent there.I accept they have strengthened their team quite recently but with their top 4 riders who could make a decent pair that could win this meeting.

who are the top 6?only half way through the league

Edited by dot

who are the top 6?only half way through the league

I only picked 6 as an example,you could have more or less.If we can settle on 6,take the 6 highest average pairs,make them your top seeds,let everyone else qualify.

Calm down folks. I'm no lover of the BSPA but if we're all going to slag them off at least come up with some workable alternatives. It would obviously be better to have all teams represented but realistically there are a maximum number of heats any meeting can run.

Also remember the riders in this. Any system which has riders potentially only getting 2 rides each will then have other problems with riders not thinking it cost effective and then pulling out. You would all be quick to jump on the backs of the BSPA if teams turned up under strength. Would anyone really travel miles to see their team ride 2 heats only?

I attended the event last year and really enjoyed it, mainly down to Josh Auty who was sensational. There must have been 4,000 people there so it can't all be that bad.

If you look just ten post above yours I have done exactly that. I suggested a very simple method based on THE recognised heat format for a pairs meeting: 7 pairs, 21 heats, each pair has 6 rides, 1 against every other pair. You just have two semi-finals using this format (at separate meetings) and use these to determine the 7 finalists.