British Speedway Forum

See my post above. Pass it on to BSPA. You never know they might just ignore it :-)

It's beyond a joke now, 2 weeks until the biggest meeting before cardiff and still the teams aint announced! what a joke the BSPA are, even after the shambles with coventry and peterborough they still don't learn!

supporters will probably be wanting to sort out travel arrangments for coaches or by car etc to attend this meeting and yes still left waiting whether there team is represented or not,

Shame on you.

Really looking forward to this meeting.

I guess Sheffield will start favourites. Even with Auty out, they have Ashworth and Parker, who are both so fast around the Oak Tree Arena.

Shame the line-up isn't out yet. But it will be a cracker whoever is lining up.

All the best

Rob

Surely its in the best interests of the sport to include Newport's Doyle and Gjedde. Doyle would of raced at least 6 meetings for the Wasps by then, as well as around 10 for Rye House so has a valid PL ave and Gjedde will have raced at least 3 meetings for Newport by then and also had a valid PL CMA.

Those pair would challenge for honours, leaving them out is daft.

I agree all sides should be included, have a mini tournament before the main event. It includes 4 extra sides so more chance of more fans travelling.

Surely the following is possible: two groups of four pairs and two groups of three pairs, thus allowing all 14 teams to be represented. Winners throgh to semi-finals. By my reckoning, that's 6+6+3+3+3=21 heats.

All the best

Rob

Surely the following is possible: two groups of four pairs and two groups of three pairs, thus allowing all 14 teams to be represented. Winners throgh to semi-finals. By my reckoning, that's 6+6+3+3+3=21 heats.

All the best

Rob

read the earlier post by topsoil

Looks like, Berwick, Scunthorpe, Newport and Ipswich miss out.

Plymouth get in because there top 2 still on assessed averages? so wrong!!!

right enough then. what a joke.

Nowt to do with ben barker then?

His average 9.50 with the next best being lee smart on 5.81??? confused.

Edited by penchev

All the best

Rob

Way too sensible Rob! Rethinking my plans for that night now. I've enjoyed the event for the last two years as a neutral but not sure I want to fork out for a PL event without my team in it. Really disappointed.

read the earlier post by topsoil

Too many heats in Topsoil's proposal. They barely have enough time for the current 23 races before Somerset's curfew - try to put on 25 races and there would be a risk that the final doesn't get completed. :shock:

But it's perfectly possible to involve all 14 teams in just 21 races, as I've outlined.

All the best

Rob

GROUP 1

RYE HOUSE

GLASGOW

LEICESTER

NEWCASTLE (Mark Lemon, Stuart Robson)

WORKINGTON

GROUP 2

SOMERSET

SHEFFIELD (Ricky Ashworth, Shane Parker)

PLYMOUTH

EDINBURGH

REDCAR

Further rider confirmations will follow shortly. Teams are able to pick any 2 or their top 3 CMAs as at June 1, 2011.

Taken from the BSPA site.

Hefenbrock and Masters team ride the Ota like no others!

Agreed! If they enter Somerset will be hard to beat :)

right enough then. what a joke.

Nowt to do with ben barker then?

His average 9.50 with the next best being lee smart on 5.81??? confused.

Actually they take the averages from the 1st of June which means Barkers average is 9.50 and Buynans would be 8.05.

Hefenbrock and Masters team ride the Ota like no others!

Hefenbrock wasnt in the Top 3 CMA's for Somerset on June the 1st so he wont be allowed to ride. It'll be 2 of McGowan, Gathercole and Masters for the Rebels.

Actually they take the averages from the 1st of June which means Barkers average is 9.50 and Buynans would be 8.05.

right ok then, however using assessed averages is wrong, if hardly shows a riders current form hence bunyans woeful 4.80